49ers trade up, move to the 3 spot in draft

Sent Miami 3 first round picks and a 3rd ... huge price to pay to move up ... wonder if they tried to make a deal with the jets first... if so, and they didnt bite, darnold's days are done in ny

Jimmy might get cut loose, most likely next season... can we stand one more year of cam?

Jimmy G:
2017: 6 games
2018: 3 games
2019: 16
2020: 6 games

Hell no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I don't think he started in SF until week 11, so he didn't miss any games to injury that year. Also, he played 19 games in 2019.

He played 28 games out of a possible 57. Two career injuries in 4 SF years - he needs to change his style of play to survive in the NFL, but just taking equating games-played stats with injury is misleading. (Brady only played one game in 2008, for instance.)

I don't think he started in SF until week 11, so he didn't miss any games to injury that year. Also, he played 19 games in 2019.

He played 28 games out of a possible 57. Two career injuries in 4 SF years - he needs to change his style of play to survive in the NFL, but just taking equating games-played stats with injury is misleading. (Brady only played one game in 2008, for instance.)

28 out of 57 shouts “Fragile!”

28 out of 57 shouts “Fragile!”

I agree. The numbers say he's a major risk. But, I want him anyway. I believe he's our best bet given the options available. I shake my head at those who wanna puke at the thought of giving up the #15 for him. Huh? Sure, that's pricey, but if he works out with this roster, the ceiling is really high. I love Cam as a guy and I still don't discount the possibility that with full OTAs and camp he could be good enough. But, I just can't get the images of him missing wide open guys late last season, throwing picks and digging up turf like a grave digger out of my mind. Anyway, I'd give up the #15 for JG in a second.

I agree. The numbers say he's a major risk. But, I want him anyway. I believe he's our best bet given the options available. I shake my head at those who wanna puke at the thought of giving up the #15 for him. Huh? Sure, that's pricey, but if he works out with this roster, the ceiling is really high. I love Cam as a guy and I still don't discount the possibility that with full OTAs and camp he could be good enough. But, I just can't get the images of him missing wide open guys late last season, throwing picks and digging up turf like a grave digger out of my mind. Anyway, I'd give up the #15 for JG in a second.

You don’t give up a first for someone that fragile. How is this even conceivable ?

Disagree. The supporting cast around him now is light years ahead of last season's crew. Plus, the schedule is far less daunting than last year's. I hope the starting QB is someone other than Cam. But, either way, the win
totall will definitely be better than last season. This team right now, other than at QB, is loaded. WR? Maybe not right now, but Bill's not done yet. As Phil Perry and Curran said on their podcast this week they' don't have a lot of open spots for rookies now. Someone here said this team still needs a major infusion of talent to compete. No, they just need a QB, and I'm not convinced Cam can't be that guy. But, I want another option that isn't there yet.
I am.

oh i dunno... brought a team to a super bowl? does that count?

Or do I have to worry about his injury proneness to distraction?

simple fact is this team would be much better with Jimmy vs Cam...

Traded him for a second. Not giving up 15 for him.

And the 9ers didn't make it to the SB on his arm but despite it. Shanahan went all-in with the running game cuz JG was throwing to the other team too often to win in the Playoffs.

No thank you.
you do realize, with the cam newtons of the world at qb, you will get multiple chances to pick at 15 or higher in the draft...

and better yet, you can watch that number 15 pick on hard knocks next year...

BB doesn't think like that.

JG gets $25M from the 9ers to play this year but he only counts $3M in dead cap so if traded or cut the 9ers pick up $22M in cap space right now.
A 4th sounds right but patience may pay off bc he could get cut

Back