5 takeaways from the game...

Back during our run of back to back super bowls I remember many a poster saying some if these early season losses are a good thing. BB used them to point things out, get the teams attention, and make them respect every opponent. Nothing I saw yesterday was terrible and everything seemed correctable. The oline can and will get better, the play calling will improve, and the wins will come

Back during our run of back to back super bowls I remember many a poster saying some if these early season losses are a good thing. BB used them to point things out, get the teams attention, and make them respect every opponent. Nothing I saw yesterday was terrible and everything seemed correctable. The oline can and will get better, the play calling will improve, and the wins will come
Yes sir, an early knock back allowed BB to marine them... Knock 'me down and build them up.

I'd consider giving you the colts 3rd round pick if we hadn't already given up our second rounder.

This, I'd like to actually have a draft in 2013 (all the needs that we have, and all that).

Still, I would think that Welker would have some fairly decent trade value.

This, I'd like to actually have a draft in 2013 (all the needs that we have, and all that).

Still, I would think that Welker would have some fairly decent trade value.
Maybe because he's a Patriot and there are some teams still out there who haven't figured out that just because you get a guy who used to be a Patriot, doesn't mean that your team will turn into the Patriots.

Otherwise, not sure how much value there is for a 30+ year old slot reciever.

Maybe because he's a Patriot and there are some teams still out there who haven't figured out that just because you get a guy who used to be a Patriot, doesn't mean that your team will turn into the Patriots.

Otherwise, not sure how much value there is for a 30+ year old slot reciever.

Moss went for a 3rd rounder and Branch went for a 1st rounder. Precedent is definitely there, whether it's for the reasons you mentioned or otherwise, bet he'd fetch something.

My (trying to be positive) takeaway is that Chandler Jones is a beast.

Another positive take away is that BB is going to crack whips, rocket launchers and other stuff to get the team back in shape.

Would hate to be the Ravens this weekend.

Another positive take away is that BB is going to crack whips, rocket launchers and other stuff to get the team back in shape.

Would hate to be the Ravens this weekend.

Our D was very good. Our running game with Ridley was good.

What's left to be whipped is our OL and Brady's connection to the receivers.

Connolly back should help the OL.

Brady needs more practice time to get more accurate and the receivers need it to improve their ability to catch. Has anyone read any stats on 'bad throws' vs 'dropped passes'? Welker has to be highest on the list of drops. :facepalm:

Our D was very good. Our running game with Ridley was good.

What's left to be whipped is our OL and Brady's connection to the receivers.

Connolly back should help the OL.

Brady needs more practice time to get more accurate and the receivers need it to improve their ability to catch. Has anyone read any stats on 'bad throws' vs 'dropped passes'? Welker has to be highest on the list of drops. :facepalm:

The only "drops" I can remember is the one to welker and the one to Lloyd, I remember a very good pass to Gronk that was not caught but I think a defender got a hand in there maybe. According to the NFL stats they said there was 4 drops in the game, but I do not remember that many....which I guess since Brady is completing 66% in two games this year...is it a problem? Or is there more problem with protection? Or a better question, how many incompletions were caused by bad pass/drop or bad protection caused hurried throw that was bad?

OP: MaineMan

Welker 5 of 11 targets.
Lloyd 8 of 13
Gronk 6 of 9
Edelman 5 of 6 (and was open a couple times that Brady apparently didn't see. On the 2-point conversion attempt, for example.

OP: MaineMan

Welker 5 of 11 targets.
Lloyd 8 of 13
Gronk 6 of 9
Edelman 5 of 6 (and was open a couple times that Brady apparently didn't see. On the 2-point conversion attempt, for example.

Yeah but that does not tell us what was a bad pass or what was a drop.

or who ran the wrong route of teh read

That too...which hell we really never know that one...I saw with eyes 2 drops...the one to welker on the right side and the one to Lloyd on the left side...thats about it...as I said, there was another play that was a very good pass and Gronk had his hands there but I think so did a defender...could he have caught it? probably, but since it was defended well I cannot call it a drop.

Welker 5 of 11 targets.

And you wonder why Welker's not starting? It would be nice if anyone on Earth other than Edelman were his replacement (I swear Belichick's just taunting me at this point); but let's be honest - even when Welker's been in there...has he really justified more playing time? Or is he taking passes off his facemask still?

They were using Welker down the seam, it appeared, with tight coverage. HE IS A SLOT RECEIVER. USE HIM AS A SLOT RECEIVER.

I saw Welker open twice, mainly because it was right in front of my seat, while Brady never made his read on him and through incompletions to Lloyd and Edelman.

With all of the success of the Brady/Welker combo, don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

They were using Welker down the seam, it appeared, with tight coverage. HE IS A SLOT RECEIVER. USE HIM AS A SLOT RECEIVER.

I saw Welker open twice, mainly because it was right in front of my seat, while Brady never made his read on him and through incompletions to Lloyd and Edelman.

With all of the success of the Brady/Welker combo, don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

If Brady's not throwing to him when he's open, what does that tell you? His first read is ALWAYS Welker. Always. At least, before this year it was. And I'm not buying that it has anything to do with McDaniels or anyone else on the coaching staff.

If Brady's not throwing to him when he's open, what does that tell you? His first read is ALWAYS Welker. Always.

It tells me that McD is trying to get Lloyd the ball come hell or high water because he's his boy.

Back