BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
For the past 20+ years, the whole wide world of "experts" sneered at (at best laughed at) Tom's ongoing expression of his goal of playing to age 45. Now the conversation is age 50.

How can I miss you if you won't go away? :rofl:

Last edited:
To be fair as recently as 5 years ago 45 seemed wildly unrealistic. 42 made sense maybe, but not 45. Now, 50 seems wildly unrealistic. 46 makes sense maybe, but not 50. I sincerely hope that in 5 years we're not looking at a scenario where the goal is 55, and we're saying 51 makes sense maybe, but not 55. Unless the guy actually is a robot, at which point it would all make sense. Did you know there have been 5 seasons in NFL history by a 40+ year old QB where they started every game for their team; 1 by Brett Favre and 4 by Tom Brady. Just unreal.

Well Bill said today at the presser, if anyone can do it, it's Tom.

You see Mazz? A compliment from Bill!!

At what point do we at least start entertaining the possibility that he was swapped out for a cyborg in 08 when he blew out his knee?

Is Brady a big fake?

“What I say versus what I think are two totally different things,” Brady said. “I would say 90 percent of what I say is probably not what I’m thinking."

Belichick on Brady playing to 50:

“I’m sure Tom would know better than anybody, so if anybody can do it it’s him,” Belichick said.

Brady's response?

“I’ve always appreciated the encouraging words of Coach Belichick, and it’s served me pretty well.”

:spock:

Is Brady a big fake?

“What I say versus what I think are two totally different things,” Brady said. “I would say 90 percent of what I say is probably not what I’m thinking."

Belichick on Brady playing to 50:

“I’m sure Tom would know better than anybody, so if anybody can do it it’s him,” Belichick said.

Brady's response?

“I’ve always appreciated the encouraging words of Coach Belichick, and it’s served me pretty well.”

:spock:

Hmmm.

Isn’t 50 the age his oldest son is eligible for the nfl?

To play at a high level as a quarterback in the NFL is something very few people can do, even younger athletes.

Yet Tom Brady is able to still do it at the age of 44.

To say the guy is unusual is an understatement.

At what point do we at least start entertaining the possibility that he was swapped out for a cyborg in 08 when he blew out his knee?
Well the Cyborg certainly wasn't fully operational in 09. :coffee:

There have been rumblings that Tampa will extend him this off-season. That would take him through age 46 assuming it is one year. Could be more. Brady has said he intends to play next year and the year after. If he really makes it to 50 that would be something as no Qb will ever reach that as a starter. Not sure any will even get to 45.

Back