6 fourth down attempts

It is crazy to really consider that the best statistical Offense in the league couldn't convert even one of those.

It was quite a day for the boys in the sharp, red throwbacks.
It's crazy for any team not to convert one of those given the rules that favor offenses. Regardless, I've seen enough to be convinced the defense is heading the right direction, they are better in the secondary than we could have hoped for in my opinion.

It's crazy for any team not to convert one of those given the rules that favor offenses. Regardless, I've seen enough to be convinced the defense is heading the right direction, they are better in the secondary than we could have hoped for in my opinion.
15 of the 16 week games have been played in week 5. There were 30 teams in action, and 14 scored less than 20 points.

Ravens (19)
Bengals (17)
Dolphins (17)
Cardinals (17)
Commanders (17)
Panthers (15)
Falcons (15)
Texans (13)
Colts (12)
Rams (10)
Broncos (9)
Jaguars (6)
Steelers (3)
Lions (0)

The Colts-Broncos played for more than 60 minutes and neither team scored a TD (several teams did not score a TD this week).

Huge for the D but man the first 4th down attempt was a colossal dumb decision. The reward is you get another set of downs, probably still on your side of the field, the risk is a very short field for the other team and you set the tone for the entire game. They aren't good enough to take those risks that early. The other times made more sense, they didn't trust a kicker they just signed off the PS and when they were already down big later on.

Huge for the D but man the first 4th down attempt was a colossal dumb decision. The reward is you get another set of downs, probably still on your side of the field, the risk is a very short field for the other team and you set the tone for the entire game. They aren't good enough to take those risks that early. The other times made more sense, they didn't trust a kicker they just signed off the PS and when they were already down big later on.
Couple times they coulda took 3. B ut they wanted to be shut out maybe?

Cheers

Couple times they coulda took 3. B ut they wanted to be shut out maybe?

Cheers
Haha, well they had just signed that journeyman kicker on Friday and I guess they didn't trust him, but yeah a couple would have been chip shots. It also gets to the point late in the game when it becomes bush league to kick a FG just to avoid a shut out. I'll give Campbell at least some respect for that.

15 of the 16 week games have been played in week 5. There were 30 teams in action, and 14 scored less than 20 points.

Ravens (19)
Bengals (17)
Dolphins (17)
Cardinals (17)
Commanders (17)
Panthers (15)
Falcons (15)
Texans (13)
Colts (12)
Rams (10)
Broncos (9)
Jaguars (6)
Steelers (3)
Lions (0)

The Colts-Broncos played for more than 60 minutes and neither team scored a TD (several teams did not score a TD this week).
What are you talking about?

Back