A High Level Study Of Mac Jones' Game

I’m really excited about Mac. I really didn’t think he would fall to us, and was ecstatic to watch it happen. At the same time I didn’t think he was worth 3 first rounders or whatever it would be to trade up.
As a fan base we need to pump the brakes a bit on this kid.
Cam is the QB this year, and if anyone here thinks BB is in a rush to make a change you’re not paying attention. Mac only plays due to an injury to cam, and cams back when he’s healthy if that happens.
That’s probably a good thing. Mac’s gonna need time. He’s gonna need some great skill players around him. Legit blue chip skill guys. On a rookie QB deal I think it’s possible to build that, but it’s not there now, and throwing him into the fire this year is a recipe for disaster. I don’t view the Tight End signings this offseason as a true answer to the pass catching problem.
It’s crazy to play him against Brady. Let Cam take that heat. Mac may never have to play Brady again. Don’t even risk him taking that loss. It won’t ever be forgotten. They will be compared enough as it is already.
I just hope this kid gets a real chance to develop.

Cam is the QB this year, and if anyone here thinks BB is in a rush to make a change you’re not paying attention. Mac only plays due to an injury to cam, and cams back when he’s healthy if that happens.
Drew Bledsoe would beg to differ. I remember vividly the fandom when Drew was healthy. Almost half wanted Drew the rest were dance with the one who brung ya.

Here's an interesting article with a table that shows the power of the arms of most of the QBs in the league right now, as measured by a radar gun.

There are a few surprises in there, and in the discussion the author notes that a QBs reputation coming out of college is due, in part, to the scheme the team was running, and not necessarily the QBs actual arm-strength.

Really interesting long-form article, Tip. Thank you.

I don't think I've ever heard ball speed listed as a metric from the Combine or anywhere else and mentioned that recently. It seems clear that individual perception of how hard a guy throws isn't very accurate, but that's all I've ever used and it's curious to me why ball speed isn't something used in a widespread way.

I can tell you that one guy that shocked me was Deshaun Watson, who clocked a miserable 48MPH and was grouped way down the list with a bunch of scrubs. No wonder
he gets so many massages.

Also, I did not see Jarrett Stidham listed, but followed the link provided in the article and found that he was credited (or not) with 53 (left) and 52 (right) which puts him in with the slow guys. I would have thought it would be higher, but, as noted in the piece, it's not necessarily the most consistently accurate measurement out there.

Among the interesting results, I noticed that Jordan Love, who I wasn't impressed with, came in at 52 and that group doesn't have a single notable name in it. It'll be interesting to
see how Green Bay fares with him if Aaron Rodgers does follow through with his threats to leave.

Great find.

One understudied area of Mac Jones' game which is high-level and almost traditional for a Patriot is to be with a smoking-hot GF/Wife.

For those that haven't seen her, I give you Sophie Scott who won't compete with Marissa Van Noy for ethereal radiance, but is
nonetheless very good-looking by any other normal human criteria.

Mac_Jones_Girlfriend_Sophie_Scott.jpg

One understudied area of Mac Jones' game which is high-level and almost traditional for a Patriot is to be with a smoking-hot GF/Wife.

For those that haven't seen her, I give you Sophie Scott who won't compete with Marissa Van Noy for ethereal radiance, but is

View attachment 3514

View attachment 3514
she's cute. i hope her personality matches. if she's a mahomes wifey/la giz type i will be using this->🙄 a lot.😄

I went to training camp 3 days in 2001. Brady was clearly the best QB in practice. Honestly, I think everyone but Drew noticed this.

I went to training camp 3 days in 2001. Brady was clearly the best QB in practice. Honestly, I think everyone but Drew noticed this.
Absolutely correct. I remember leaving Bryant in Smithfield after practice and going to Parente's.for beers and snacks. Everyone in there was talking about Brady and his performance vs. Drew's. Drew was at least seemingly truly the last to know it was inevitable.

Phil Perry calculates that Pats have the slowest skill position players in the league (assuming a 11 package of 3 receivers, a tight end and a running back). Is this Bill deciding to zig when the rest of the teams zag with lots of speedy but light defensive players? Does this fit his draft choice of a big RB over a speedy receiver that he could have gotten at that same spot?

Makes sense that the dominant Pats package will not be 11 but rather 12, with two tight ends or maybe even 13 with three tight ends. That will force teams to their slower base formation and away from the much more common nickel. Then suddenly any speed mismatch is much reduced - way easier for a receiver or a tight end to gain separation vs. a linebacker than a speedy corner or safety.

I have maintained that the Pats need to move to a more dynamic offense to score in today's league but this is a pretty good read on why this approach may work with Jones.

View: https://twitter.com/PhilAPerry/status/1391095058359799811

View: https://twitter.com/PhilAPerry/status/1390788512866312196

Phil Perry calculates that Pats have the slowest skill position players in the league (assuming a 11 package of 3 receivers, a tight end and a running back). Is this Bill deciding to zig when the rest of the teams zag with lots of speedy but light defensive players? Does this fit his draft choice of a big RB over a speedy receiver that he could have gotten at that same spot?

Makes sense that the dominant Pats package will not be 11 but rather 12, with two tight ends or maybe even 13 with three tight ends. That will force teams to their slower base formation and away from the much more common nickel. Then suddenly any speed mismatch is much reduced - way easier for a receiver or a tight end to gain separation vs. a linebacker than a speedy corner or safety.

I have maintained that the Pats need to move to a more dynamic offense to score in today's league but this is a pretty good read on why this approach may work with Jones.

For WRs individually, 4.45 and faster is the sweet spot. After that careers and production fall off a cliff.

Interesting post over at TwoBillsDrive:

Interesting post over at TwoBillsDrive:

Absolutely. I mentioned this a few weeks ago in one of the many former qb debates. I think BB has been building this philosophy since 2018.

It's true, but, they could actually use it to their advantage though...he explains it. Zig when everyone else zags...

Back