A question for my liberal friends.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I'm still kind of annoyed that the ballot initiative failed here that would allow 17 year olds to vote in the primary, if they'll be 18 by the general. Why would people oppose that? :confused1:
They're not old enough to have a beer or buy a pack of smokes, why should they be allowed to vote? I mean, if you're not smart enough to make decisions for yourself, how the fuck are you smart enough to make decisions for the country? They are too immature and stupid for any of that.

All they are good for is sticking a rifle in their hands, teaching them how to kill people, and teaching them how to die in deserts from IED's....not drinking, or smoking, or voting.

What's wrong with you?

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
That is a huge pet peeve of mine in this country, actually. A person is either an adult or a child, and we should just pick a fucking age where they get all the freedom and ability to make decisions for themselves. That age should allow them to buy beer and cigarettes and join the military, all at one age.

Years ago, I would have said that age should be 18. These days, these younger generations are different. They are more sheltered, grew up under constant watch and chaperoning, no playing outside with friends unaccompanied by adults, and far less life experience in general when it comes to making their own decisions as they grow up. They're not the same, they are more immature, less able to take care of themselves and less experience in self reliance. I would still agree to 18, but I wouldn't object to making it 20 or 21 like I would have in years past, because 18 year olds today are just less prepared for life than 18 year olds in generations prior. They just grew up too sheltered, too coddled, and too inexperienced in being on their own.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I use snopes because its kind of the go to in order to find out if something has legs, which basically means the people that are posting the news that snopes says is false is not going to like snopes.

That Snopes piece is a perfect example of why nobody gives them any credibility.....lol

They even quote Biden word for word...

“Secondly, we’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration — President Obama’s administration before this — we have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”

And then they go on to say he didn't really mean it...lol, and then call it "False".

He said it. Did he mean it? Who knows, but it certainly isn't false.

Now, if Trump had said those exact same words, in the exact same context, you and I both know they would have labelled it as "True."

That's why Snopes is garbage, as well as Politifact.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
You can jpoin at 17. I went through basic at 17 and turned 18 in AIT. Need parental consent though.

Do they still recruit at 17? They did when I was in High School, but I remember under GWB there was a backlash against High School recruitment.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
That Snopes piece is a perfect example of why nobody gives them any credibility.....lol

“Secondly, we’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration — President Obama’s administration before this — we have put together I think the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics.”

And then they go on to say he didn't really mean it...lol, and then call it "False".

Now, if Trump had said those exact same words, in the exact same context, you and I both know they would have labelled it as "True."

Everyone knows that's what Biden meant. Even you know it.

One of team Trump had a pretty big gaffe recently. I'll post it if I remember who it was.

Beaglebay

Houndsight is 20/20
Reaction score
Website
www.tanjantstudios.com

I used that site for the video, not for the opinion. Believe it or not.

Inspector_50

Reaction score

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
Everyone knows that's what Biden meant. Even you know it.

One of team Trump had a pretty big gaffe recently. I'll post it if I remember who it was.

Not relevant, what's relevant is it is factually correct that he said it.

Again, ere it Trump, it would have been "True", and there wouldn't have been this long "but context" article from Snopes. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Not relevant, what's relevant is it is factually correct that he said it.

Again, ere it Trump, it would have been "True", and there wouldn't have been this long "but context" article from Snopes. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
So Republicans are mass distributing Covid virus?

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
FYI here's an example of a fact checker looking at a Trump misspeak.

TL;DR version:

That’s what the president meant to say — “the highest military pay raise in 9 years” — without mentioning, as his budget does, that it is equal to the amount “called for in law.”