A watershed Apple WWDC Conference?

VR is interesting enough to try and every once in a while you get a sense of real spatiality, but I haven't tried one yet that
didn't make me want to rip it off my face after a few minutes because there is something slightly nauseating about VR.

3500 bucks is a lot of cash and it's going to be hard to get people to pull the trigger even if they can be wowed by a demo, but I
don't want to underestimate the potential of the tech if they can make the image scroll smoothly and realistically.

I'd try it out of curiosity, but will never buy one unless it is way cheaper. I also wonder how many demo sets they will have available
when they are that frigging expensive. I'd guess people would pay a small fee, 5 or 10 bucks to test it out, though, and that would
only be successful if the buzz on the streets was huge.

While we're on tech stuff...

I recently tired a new browser called Arc. They're based in NYC and the browser is genuinely impressive the way it organises spaces and tabs. I have personal spaces, work spaces, travel spaces etc. And there's all kinds of slick things it can do. It's very secure and they DON'T sell your data or keep it. If you want to try it go here and put your name on the list and they'll send you the link. The last browser I can remember impressive was Opera on Windows back in the early noughties.

There's a good explanation of the functions here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1MRsFRESbY

VR is interesting enough to try and every once in a while you get a sense of real spatiality, but I haven't tried one yet that
didn't make me want to rip it off my face after a few minutes because there is something slightly nauseating about VR.

The video demonstration was impressive as all get out. They covered every single thing I wanted to see and thought of many more I hadn't started to think about/wish for yet.
3500 bucks is a lot of cash and it's going to be hard to get people to pull the trigger even if they can be wowed by a demo, but I
don't want to underestimate the potential of the tech if they can make the image scroll smoothly and realistically.

Very expensive. Question: How expensive was the iPhone thought to be back in 2007? I will not fork out the $3500.... Yet. I need to go to the Apple Store and play with one. I need to see real reviews by real tech journalists.
I'd try it out of curiosity, but will never buy one unless it is way cheaper. I also wonder how many demo sets they will have available
when they are that frigging expensive. I'd guess people would pay a small fee, 5 or 10 bucks to test it out, though, and that would
only be successful if the buzz on the streets was huge.

LOL. Apple will not be "selling" $5 demos.

The buzz on the street is already past huge. It is immense.

Think about this technology in a WORK environment. I spend each work day in front of 4 monitors. There are 23 of me in NA at my company and I am aware of no one else that does it the way I do it. I am already building the expense case in my head for the company to pick up the cost.

Separately, I have installed each of the developer Betas on my MBP, iPhone 12Pro and Apple Watch. So far so great. I am seeing (and 100% expected) higher battery draw on the watch as this alway happens with early Betas.

While we're on tech stuff...

I recently tired a new browser called Arc. They're based in NYC and the browser is genuinely impressive the way it organises spaces and tabs. I have personal spaces, work spaces, travel spaces etc. And there's all kinds of slick things it can do. It's very secure and they DON'T sell your data or keep it. If you want to try it go here and put your name on the list and they'll send you the link. The last browser I can remember impressive was Opera on Windows back in the early noughties.

There's a good explanation of the functions here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1MRsFRESbY

only for mac right now. on the list for windows,thanks!

The VR headset will need a ‘killer app’ to gain real traction outside the fanboys
I hope they do come up with stuff that makes it worthwhile
tablets had a few false starts before catching on

Screen-Shot-2023-06-06-at-11.03.09-AM.jpg

If any Mac users wants to try Arc and not join the waiting list, use this code below: Users can give friends codes to give them access. It's completely free by the way, there's no charge or sub to use the browser. And no ads either when using it! Ads are blocked.

The VR headset will need a ‘killer app’ to gain real traction outside the fanboys
I hope they do come up with stuff that makes it worthwhile
tablets had a few false starts before catching on
Watch the Key Note on it.

Apple.com

1 hour and 21 minutes in the VP part begins. Click here----> Apple Events

It is insane.
Imagine pairing this with micro-cameras on top of an NFL QB's helmet, or an MLB or CB or any other player.

You could watch an NFL game from the perspective of your favorite players on both offense and defense.

And you could hire kids from the neighborhood to hit you with baseball hits to raise the intensity level. :biggrin:

The TipRoast household is mostly Apple. Mrs. TR is on her second iPad. I have three Apple devices owned by my employer: iMac desktop, MBP, and iPhone (we get to choose our own hardware).

We both use Android personal phones, though.

As far as Apple watches and VR headsets: I like old-school analog watches, and I like analog reality as well. :biggrin:
The analog watch featured at the start of Transporter 2:

1686700820596.png

Back