A watershed Apple WWDC Conference?

Roberto71

Reaction score
Not NFL related obviously, but this could be the biggest announcement since the iPhone launch in 2007.

Everyone is expecting a VR headset.

The conference has just started with the Keynote so we should find out very soon.

what was that "Augmented reality" thing on people's phones a few years back... pokemon go or something? people were walking into traffic and off of cliffs playing that augmented reality game and not paying attention to actual reality :coffee:

what was that "Augmented reality" thing on people's phones a few years back... pokemon go or something? people were walking into traffic and off of cliffs playing that augmented reality game and not paying attention to actual reality :coffee:
Sounds like someone is just salty that he couldn't catch 'em all...

Good god. First, the size of the thing, who is going to walk around with this huge clunky thing on their head. And tethered to a battery pack in your pocket??

And second, $3,499??

Fx4X5C4X0AINvld.png

Good god. First, the size of the thing, who is going to walk around with this huge clunky thing on their head. And tethered to a battery pack in your pocket??

And second, $3,499??

View attachment 16872
I only have one question: Does Apple's avatars have legs??

And second, $3,499??

View attachment 16872
Even for apple's 'Price gouging the boomers' strat, this seems like a lot, considering there are far less clunky versions that have been on the market for a decade, and like 20% of the price.

Place this right next to my DAT and HD DVD players. :coffee:

I am an admitted Apple Fan Boi. HUGE.

Apple freakin' killed it today. Knocked it, not out of the park, but into the solar system. Holy SHIT are they on a roll.

I just traded in my 2020 M1 MBP in for a 2023 MBA 15 inch.

I paid $1099 for the base MBP M1 (Education store) 2.5 years ago.

I paid $1379 for the 15 inch MBA - less - $580 trade in on the aforementioned MBP (added 16GB memory).

Less a bonus $150 card coming post delivery.

Net $552 for the 15 inch M2 with 16GB integrated RAM.

Stealing.

I’m similar to you. Phone iPad MBA. No watch though. Might be a while before I get to wanting a VR headset though.

Apple freakin' killed it today. Knocked it, not out of the park, but into the solar system. Holy SHIT are they on a roll.

I paid $1379 for the 15 inch MBA - less - $580 trade in on the aforementioned MBP (added 16GB memory).

Stealing.

The TipRoast household is mostly Apple. Mrs. TR is on her second iPad. I have three Apple devices owned by my employer: iMac desktop, MBP, and iPhone (we get to choose our own hardware).

We both use Android personal phones, though.

As far as Apple watches and VR headsets: I like old-school analog watches, and I like analog reality as well. :biggrin:

Stealing.
Same. I've been a huge Apple fanboy for many years. I still remember that announcement in 2007 when Steve Jobs showed the iPhone for the first time in front of the audience and the shock from the crowd. I immediately wanted one.

I currently have a load of Apple stuff. I was a long-time iMac user and was gutted when they stopped making the 27in iMac, so I got the 14in MBP M1 last year and the the Apple Studio Display. I have the iPhone 14 Plus, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and I just traded in my iPad Pro from 2019 for an iPad Mini 6, which is way better for travel. And I have the Hompod minis.

The Apple silicon chips are game changers. I can't believe how good the M1 chips are. I run everything off my MBP, and I still have not heard any fans soin up! It never gets hot no matter how many windows or apps I have open, and the battery life is insane.

The only thing I could never get with has been the Watch. I have it in a drawer the past 3 years and just could never take to it. I prefer old school mechanical watches. I don't care what my heart is doing or how many steps I've done and I just do not want to be connected all the damn time.

I’m similar to you. Phone iPad MBA. No watch though. Might be a while before I get to wanting a VR headset though.
Get the watch. I am using a watch 6 with cellular and it has become invaluable.

Same. I've been a huge Apple fanboy for many years. I still remember that announcement in 2007 when Steve Jobs showed the iPhone for the first time in front of the audience and the shock from the crowd. I immediately wanted one.

I currently have a load of Apple stuff. I was a long-time iMac user and was gutted when they stopped making the 27in iMac, so I got the 14in MBP M1 last year and the the Apple Studio Display. I have the iPhone 14 Plus, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and I just traded in my iPad Pro from 2019 for an iPad Mini 6, which is way better for travel. And I have the Hompod minis.

The Apple silicon chips are game changers. I can't believe how good the M1 chips are. I run everything off my MBP, and I still have not heard any fans soin up! It never gets hot no matter how many windows or apps I have open, and the battery life is insane.

The only thing I could never get with has been the Watch. I have it in a drawer the past 3 years and just could never take to it. I prefer old school mechanical watches. I don't care what my heart is doing or how many steps I've done and I just do not want to be connected all the damn time.
The watch integration into my workouts was sudden and complete.

Haven’t been able to workout lately but I will be again and the watch is required for me. 😀

Back