A way to establish parity in the NFL

thomas144

Bandwagon Fan
Reaction score
Website
www.mudelephant.com
Something that just occurred to me... if the NFL really wanted to have parity they should just put all coaches into a draft pool every year and then let teams pick their head coach in order of worst to best finish in the previous year.

has anyone ever thought about this? As it is a team like New England can get years of good teams simply by lucking out in hiring the best coach.

Something that just occurred to me... if the NFL really wanted to have parity they should just put all coaches into a draft pool every year and then let teams pick their head coach in order of worst to best finish in the previous year.

has anyone ever thought about this? As it is a team like New England can get years of good teams simply by lucking out in hiring the best coach.

could do the same with players too everybody gets redrafted year to year:dith:

Salary wouldn't allow for this. Every coach and every player would have to be paid exactly the same amount of money.

Salary wouldn't allow for this. Every coach and every player would have to be paid exactly the same amount of money.

You could still have the best players paid the most, but when drafting, teams would still need to stay under the salary cap. The only problem would be players who aren't playing up to their contract, as they wouldn't get drafted.

I'm just talking about coaches, leaving aside the idea of re-drafting entire teams every year, although that would probably make sense as coaches (and GMs, who perhaps should be drafted too) would want to pick their own players.

Anyway, clearly you could have prescribed salaries depending on their draft position. There is also competition for coaches with college football, but I don't see why they couldn't have structured salaries the way they do for rookie contracts.

Nope! I expect you have a real original thought right there.

No.

Because it's possibly the stupidest idea in the history of the earth.

They'll make the Pats play their home games in Mexico and hop TFB and BB get kidnapped.

nfl could go with an inverse salary cap the worse the finish the higher your cap and you have to spend to the cap. revenue shared equally so bad teams forced to spend more creating a profit incentive to be good.

this assumes that the bad teams would have a cap hit that gaurantees a loss and the good teams would turn a tidy profit

I think whoever has the best record should get the first pick in every round of the draft.
There would be no more suck for luck.

I could never understand the concept of letting SHITTY TEAM get rewarded for bad management bad coaching and bad drafting. In my opinion you can reward them all the time and they will always be s*****...

Imagine how fun the last 15 years would have been to watch the NFL Draft if those were the rules in a pats were picking in the top 5 year in and year out.

Back