AB: sued for rape

How exactly does this make the Patriots look bad? It happened under the Steelers watch and it goes to a criminal trial and he's convicted, they'll release him. If NFL fans want to rip the Pats for signing him, I'm not sure they could have known this when they signed him (the suit came conveniently the day after he signed). If they want the Pats to simply dump him, he is entitled to due process so they have no choice but to ride this out and see what happens.

I think it's almost a certainty that the league suspends him (Roethlisberger got 4 games even though he was never convicted of his rape situation). Suspending him probably satisfies the blood thirsty owners who are angry at the Pats for signing him in the first place.

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 AM ----------

Not sure how much information in that link is accurate. We'll find out quickly if she used to work for the Pats. It also claims she told the police, but there's no reports to support that at this time.

There was an attorney on NBC Sports Boston last night that said she went to the police but since there was no case opened, they likely determined there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a case, hence the civil route.

If anyone has a free moment and wants to translate that to 50 yr old white guy with proper punctuation and capitalization thanks in advance.

I don't really feel like breaking it down word for word this early but I take it to say that he was going after her for extorting him for bull pucky and that her mom is pulling the strings and that she's a loser with a failed career.

Early morning ABdecoder. :)

Weird thing is her lawyer is using this as proof he did it.

You care what other people think.

Alert: They already hate you. You’re not putting that toothpaste back in the tube. For decades.

There’s plenty of ways this ends just fine. Over the next couple of weeks info comes out proving there was a consensual maintained relationship and this latter stage was strictly a fabricated event created for a financial gain.

Brown acclimates to the team and tows the line. We win Lombardi 7.

I can enjoy that.

Fuck what fans in Miami, Houston, Phillie, et al think.

Of course what other people think matters. In this day and age, the Patriots is a brand and is the 2nd most valuable franchise in the NFL and therefore in the top 5 valuable franchises in global sports. Believe me, everyone in the Patriots organisation will be acutely aware of this and will be viewing this as to how it damages the "brand". That affects sponsorship, ticket sales, TV money etc.

If there is not enough proof and it credibly can be shown that this is a money grab, then they could ride it out.

But this is a godawful mess make no mistake about it. In this day and age an accusation carries massive weight even with very little evidence.

There was an attorney on NBC Sports Boston last night that said she went to the police but since there was no case opened, they likely determined there wasn't enough evidence to proceed with a case, hence the civil route.

When did she go to the police, though? Was it in 2016, 2017, 2018? Or not until after it became apparent he wasn't giving in to her $$ demands? Going back to him two more times won't look good to a jury.

I don't believe her story.

From an actual lawyer
Daniel Wallach@WALLACHLEGAL
Parallels between the Antonio Brown case and the Derrick Rose sexual assault civil case. Both were filed as civil lawsuits without a prior police report being filed. Rose was found not liable. And the NBA waited for the civil justice system to play out. NFL should do the same.

What's bugging me more is how AB ended up with the Pats.
Behind the scene shit.

Anyway, he's your diva now.

This is a common rhetoric amongst media and the general public alike, and shines a spotlight on how Fvcking dumb the collective is.

Let me walk you thru in baby steps.

Brown is a Steeler.

Demands trade.

Pats step up and offer a 1st.

Rebuked. Pitt can’t fathom sending him to NE.

Go to Brown and say offers from Oakland and Buffalo. Which do you prefer?

He chose Oakland. Pitt gets 3 and 5.

Things go sour real soon. But he knows there’s at minimum 2 clubs, one willing to give up a 1st for his services.

Break point in Oakland.

Released. Free agent.

Bill, interested in me for no cost?

Take the next flight Antonio.

Nothing nefarious needed to be done. All the info was out there just by the reported sequence of events and what his agent knew from Pitt talks.

The Pats' reputation is already dirt with other fans, so no need to worry what they think now.

If Brown is guilty, cut his rapist ass. If not, the league will probably suspend him, anyway. Either way, Josh and the offense should plan on Brown's absence in the future.

One thing I will say is that it's interesting this suit was filed once he became a Patriot and not a Raider.

When did she go to the police, though? Was it in 2016, 2017, 2018? Or not until after it became apparent he wasn't giving in to her $$ demands? Going back to him two more times won't look good to a jury.

I don't believe her story.

From an actual lawyer
Daniel Wallach@WALLACHLEGAL
Parallels between the Antonio Brown case and the Derrick Rose sexual assault civil case. Both were filed as civil lawsuits without a prior police report being filed. Rose was found not liable. And the NBA waited for the civil justice system to play out. NFL should do the same.

:toast:

Of course what other people think matters. In this day and age, the Patriots is a brand and is the 2nd most valuable franchise in the NFL and therefore in the top 5 valuable franchises in global sports. Believe me, everyone in the Patriots organisation will be acutely aware of this and will be viewing this as to how it damages the "brand". That affects sponsorship, ticket sales, TV money etc.

If there is not enough proof and it credibly can be shown that this is a money grab, then they could ride it out.

But this is a godawful mess make no mistake about it. In this day and age an accusation carries massive weight even with very little evidence.

Disagree.

You’re being soft and sensitive. There’s a place for that, but not around a football team. This is yet another targeted play at a rich athlete it sure seems. It’s common. And if proven out it’ll blow right over.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

I don't really feel like breaking it down word for word this early but I take it to say that he was going after her for extorting him for bull pucky and that her mom is pulling the strings and that she's a loser with a failed career.

Early morning ABdecoder. :)

Weird thing is her lawyer is using this as proof he did it.

ABdecoder. Nice!

D.THOMAS A JET. TRADED.
Coolade

Step one of carnage /fallout. But hey .. 6 th round is gold ..! Brady and brown both 6th rounders... !!
:huh:
Step 2 of carnage/fallout. But hey .. it's just an allegation of rape, so it's possibly not true...:huh:

:tmack:

Yeah, I’m gonna need a translation.

"You claim I jacked my dick on your back?! Slept with you in bed?! Screw your claims I did this without your knowledge, I was all pro before I even knew you! You sought a sexual relationship with me, I didn't seek one with you! You never even left my house even though you had a hotel, you fell asleep on my couch! Get out of here with those claims, my baby mama tricked your dumb ass! How dare you try to tarnish my reputation, you're nothing more than a failure, you lied to everyone about owning a gym! Whatever specious claims you think you have don't bother me with them, it's obvious you thought I was a sucker and aneasy target for extorting. You used a screenname with God in it, but you're hardly Christian, you're a fake ass hoe. You and your momma thought both you hoes had an easy path to a large sum of quick money, but you don't. Get out of here and don't bother writing my team."

"Thanks for giving us control of your llife for 3 weeks! The next time you and your momma are plotting on a cash grab, make sure you hoes pick the right guy to extort, you dumb ass hoes! Maybe someone you already had sex with! Your momma is controlling your life like she's gonna help the extortion scheme! You failed as a gymnast, you're a nobody! My guys are going to laugh about this whole thing and your claims I busted a nut on your back. I'll tell them all about it when I'm bored! You're a disgrace to little girls, you're a failed gymnast living in the past, in your momma's house with your momma! My baby mama knows a weak bitch when she spots one. You played yourself."

All of this is lacking context, of course, but I presume this is in response to a text from her claiming he had done those things, and the reference to his baby mama is a reference to the texts I've heard him claim to have wherein she admits it's a cash grab. Presumably his baby mama tricked her into admitting it in some way at some point. Hope that helps a bit.

"You claim I jacked my dick on your back?! Slept with you in bed?! Screw your claims I did this without your knowledge, I was all pro before I even knew you! You sought a sexual relationship with me, I didn't seek one with you! You never even left my house even though you had a hotel, you fell asleep on my couch! Get out of here with those claims, my baby mama tricked your dumb ass! How dare you try to tarnish my reputation, you're nothing more than a failure, you lied to everyone about owning a gym! Whatever specious claims you think you have don't bother me with them, it's obvious you thought I was a sucker and aneasy target for extorting. You used a screenname with God in it, but you're hardly Christian, you're a fake ass hoe. You and your momma thought both you hoes had an easy path to a large sum of quick money, but you don't. Get out of here and don't bother writing my team."

"Thanks for giving us control of your llife for 3 weeks! The next time you and your momma are plotting on a cash grab, make sure you hoes pick the right guy to extort, you dumb ass hoes! Maybe someone you already had sex with! Your momma is controlling your life like she's gonna help the extortion scheme! You failed as a gymnast, you're a nobody! My guys are going to laugh about this whole thing and your claims I busted a nut on your back. I'll tell them all about it when I'm bored! You're a disgrace to little girls, you're a failed gymnast living in the past, in your momma's house with your momma! My baby mama knows a weak bitch when she spots one. You played yourself."

Who says chivalry is dead?

What's bugging me more is how AB ended up with the Pats.
Behind the scene shit.

Anyway, he's your diva now.

Drew Rosenhaus and an unnamed social media consulting firm helped him shoot his way off the Raiders.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/08/antonio-brown-took-absurd-measures-to-force-raiders-release/

The Raiders put Brown on the trade block on Thursday according to Fox Sports. No takers but the league was notified he may get cut.

The Pats had previously tried to trade for him but the Steelers said no effing way. There was interest, iow.

There's no rule to prevent Rosenhaus from contacting any team about Brown's unhappiness with the Raiders.

All of this is lacking context, of course, but I presume this is in response to a text from her claiming he had done those things, and the reference to his baby mama is a reference to the texts I've heard him claim to have wherein she admits it's a cash grab. Presumably his baby mama tricked her into admitting it in some way at some point. Hope that helps a bit.

Wow.

You have an English major with a minor in Urban Slang?

Perfect. wuv

I think it's almost a certainty that the league suspends him (Roethlisberger got 4 games even though he was never convicted of his rape situation). Suspending him probably satisfies the blood thirsty owners who are angry at the Pats for signing him in the first place.

Disagree with this. Possibly the exempt list, but that's been reserved for police matters. This is a civil suit with no indication that police were ever involved.

So, in the past 2 years we have had Weinstein, #MeToo, Kavanaugh and Epstein, But She has waited until now to not feel scared/intimidated. I Don't want the shitstorm that AB brings, but I declare shenanigans. As far a the Pats go, RKK just had his name dragged through the mud for getting a happy ending, so he may be a little sensitive about the outrage mob.

I'm sure BB will tell us everything we need to know at his 11:15 press conference.

Back