AB to the pats?!?!? Is this April fools?

Over the last few days I've come to a mental place where I can deal with AB on the Pats.

I've noticed his egocentric bullshit for years in Pittsburgh where I've seen him in screaming matches with his QB and coaches and I've seen him getting physical with at least two coaches on the sidelines. I've seen him do a ridiculously X-rated bump and grind after a TD. I saw him on the field last fall at one of his nephew's (Hollywood Brown of the Ravens) college games and he made sure he got plenty of face time while wearing a purple fur coat and spent some time yelling at the refs that they were holding his lil' pal. Antonio loves him some him.

The fucking guy is nuts and that was BEFORE all the stuff and Oakland and the rape stuff, so I had and still have a major attitude about him.

BUT.......I don't think he can do anything to hurt this team no matter how he acts up. Maybe Bill wants a lightning rod in lieu of Gronk to allow the rest of the boys to be left alone and play ball and if Brown flips out then he's simply gone and the team will see that no matter how talented a dude is they've all got to humble themselves to the Alpha Coach. We got one boss and there is no disputing it. Nobody challenges him anymore.

There is no way a double standard is allowed to exist in Foxboro like it did in Pittsburgh and just maybe the guy can learn to live without all the bullshit for a few months. He might find it refreshing.

I mean, it's only money that's at risk and it ain't my money. No point in having a cow because Bill likes to roll the dice once in a while. He might even be right.

Haha very clever... but don't cry cuz you got knocked out? :huh:
Thanks.

Yeah, bummer to get knocked out so soon. A couple years ago CHev and I each lasted the entire season, including post season and superbowl, Greatest tie ever, but since then I've had horrible luck.

Thanks.

Yeah, bummer to get knocked out so soon. A couple years ago CHev and I each lasted the entire season, including post season and superbowl, Greatest tie ever, but since then I've had horrible luck.

Wow .. that must have been amazing.. I've gone out in a previous year in week one.. :shrug_n:

Over the last few days I've come to a mental place where I can deal with AB on the Pats.

I've noticed his egocentric bullshit for years in Pittsburgh where I've seen him in screaming matches with his QB and coaches and I've seen him getting physical with at least two coaches on the sidelines. I've seen him do a ridiculously X-rated bump and grind after a TD. I saw him on the field last fall at one of his nephew's (Hollywood Brown of the Ravens) college games and he made sure he got plenty of face time while wearing a purple fur coat and spent some time yelling at the refs that they were holding his lil' pal. Antonio loves him some him.

The fucking guy is nuts and that was BEFORE all the stuff and Oakland and the rape stuff, so I had and still have a major attitude about him.

BUT.......I don't think he can do anything to hurt this team no matter how he acts up. Maybe Bill wants a lightning rod in lieu of Gronk to allow the rest of the boys to be left alone and play ball and if Brown flips out then he's simply gone and the team will see that no matter how talented a dude is they've all got to humble themselves to the Alpha Coach. We got one boss and there is no disputing it. Nobody challenges him anymore.

There is no way a double standard is allowed to exist in Foxboro like it did in Pittsburgh and just maybe the guy can learn to live without all the bullshit for a few months. He might find it refreshing.

I mean, it's only money that's at risk and it ain't my money. No point in having a cow because Bill likes to roll the dice once in a while. He might even be right.

It's definitely the most extreme case of Belichicks ability to rein in a wayward player. I'm warming up to the idea of seeing him making plays for this team. But I'm still stressed out about the league doing something to appease the militant me-toos. It would be a weird move on many levels but if they can mess with the Patriots they seem to love that. Ug.. :frown:

It's definitely the most extreme case of Belichicks ability to rein in a wayward player. I'm warming up to the idea of seeing him making plays for this team. But I'm still stressed out about the league doing something to appease the militant me-toos. It would be a weird move on many levels but if they can mess with the Patriots they seem to love that. Ug.. :frown:

AHern was close...talent supercedes character...10 times out of 10.

AB is chasing ghosts of the great WRs who came before him. More than anything, he wants to be recognized as a great player. AB's had a lot of individual success on the field but the one thing missing for AB is post season success with a Lombardi & the greatness that implies. He knew that wasn't coming with the Steelers or Raiders. He saw what NE did for Randy Moss. If you can't beat em, join em. It's time for AB to promote himself on the field rather than off of it. Be a good little foot soldier, help win a SB and get your accolades. Then go collect a bigger payday from another team. I'm fine with that. If he can't show he can do it here, where can he do it?

Ahern was under the radar until the end so it's a tough comparison relative to the public outrage and possible league issues.

He was a yuge problem in college...even Tebow warned Brady about him. At the time he never murdered anyone, but, he was always in fights.

Back