AFC EAST - as good as people thought?

I think your biggest issue is is Fitz. He is either who he has been all along, or he is Rich Gannon-like and taking a long time to blossom and will be very good. He can go either way IMO. Disclaimer: I always liked the guy and may have a soft spot for him.

Either way, the division is back where it was, with the Jets back as a legitimate division foe, and I can now return to poking fun at the Jets without feeling bad for kicking someone when they're down.

If they win another game, maybe I'll even go back to calling them the Jests.
Fitz is Fitz and unfortunately, he goes through too many stretches during the game where he can't hit open guys. That's just something we're gonna have to live with, all we can do is hope that it doesn't kill us down the line.

last year Ivory played 16 games, 1st time in his career. granted it was 15 in 2013 but prior to that is was 12, 6, 6 I think.

I am not sure he will last a season.

Ivory's running style is all-out hell-bent physical. He can't play the entire game or the guy will kill himself or get injured. He has to be saved from himself imo.

Ivory's running style is all-out hell-bent physical. He can't play the entire game or the guy will kill himself or get injured. He has to be saved from himself imo.
You're probably right. I do love watching that guy run though.

Dolphins are a mess.

Bills will win games they should lose, and lose games they should win. Hard to tell but I still see them finishing no better than 9-7.

Jets are a bit of a mystery, they've played well but they've played no one so far. Wins over Miami, struggling Indy team, and the Browns. They looked God awful for a half against Philly too. Their problem is going to be game flow. If they can stay ahead, they can protect Fitzpatrick. If they get behind, it goes on him, and that's not going to win them many games.

If I had to guess right now, I'd go:

Pats
Jets
Bills
'Phins

<i>What a brutal cold night that Division Round game was. I remember Bethel Johnson's big moment, Phifer's interception wiped out by a roughing call (Seymour? I think), a tense final Mcnair incompletion to close out Tennesee's chances and of course a late AV game winning field goal (cause of course Brady sucks too much to win without Adam).

Cheers, BostonTim</i>

One of the best games I ever attended! I remember all those plays. Best off-field memory is trying to drink fast enough before my bottle froze solid. :)

Another wise fake bet by me.

I told y'all. Miami's the worst team in the league. 1-15, 2-14 bad. That team's tapped out. Even if they get a new coach, I don't know that it will matter.

I thought Tannehill was teh elite... :huh:

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say the Jets are, "Trying way too hard".

The Jets look much better so far but they've still got a ways to go. If they don't figure out how to cut down on penalties, it could hurt them throughout the season.

Our offense goes through too many slow periods where they forget how to move the ball. That works when playing Miami or Cleveland but when we start playing the better teams, it could definitely be an issue.

They have been doing damage to themselves by having a mentality of individually doing it all rather than as a team or unit. The DBs are not going to hold up because it seems to be way too much me and not nearly enough us.

I don't quite understand what you mean when you say the Jets are, "Trying way too hard".

The Jets look much better so far but they've still got a ways to go. If they don't figure out how to cut down on penalties, it could hurt them throughout the season.

Our offense goes through too many slow periods where they forget how to move the ball. That works when playing Miami or Cleveland but when we start playing the better teams, it could definitely be an issue.

The Jets are a ****ton better than they were a year ago.

I guess all you needed were a couple of top 5 CBs and a coach who isn't Rex Ryan. :coffee:

He's becoming a legitimate superstar with the Jets, after being buried on that Saints depth chart.

Back