AFC's Offensive Player of the Month for September.

Box_O_Rocks

One personality, many pieces
Reaction score
Reiss -
QB Tom Brady has been named the AFC's Offensive Player of the Month for September.

Counting his performance Oct. 1 against the Bengals, Brady is 95 of 120 for 1,118 yards, with 13 touchdowns and just two interceptions this season.

Manza Young -
Brady has been named player of the week eight times, including after his performance against Buffalo in week three, but this is his first player of the month honor.

Manza Young -
Sammy Morris nominated for award

FOXBORO -- For his impressive 21 carry, 117 yard, one touchdown performance in New England's 34-13 victory over Cincinnati, Patriots running back Sammy Morris has been nominated for the FedEx Ground Player of the Week.

The Colts Joseph Addai (136 yards, one touchdown) and Oakland's Justin Fargas (179 yards) have also been nominated.

Fans can vote for their favorite player at www.nfl.com.

Rather than start a whole new thread:
http://www.jaguars.com/News/Article.aspx?id=6365
John from St. Augustine, FL: While watching a college game on Saturday, the camera focused on a guy who was howling his head off, looking downright angry. My first thought was that this guy actually thinks he can affect the outcome of the game. I think some fans have a hard time accepting that they have little or nothing to do with the outcome of the game. They think they can will their team to victory from 50 rows up.
Vic: Maybe they can. I love passionate fans and I believe teams feed off their fans’ energy, but why do we have to have the anger and sinister behavior? I loved the wiggle sticks. I love that kind of enthusiasm. I love towels and hankies and any other ways fans have of expressing their enthusiasm. There’s a point, however, where it goes over the top and that’s when it becomes mindless and unattractive. At that point it becomes too much about the fans and not enough about the game. I still think sporting events should be happy places. My favorite fan scene of recent memory is from a December game in New England when it was snowing. They played “Let It Snow” over the PA system and every time it got to the refrain, the crowd sang in unison, “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.” I thought that was fantastic. It put a smile on my face. That’s why I go to football games. I wanna smile. I don’t wanna be angry.

Back