Alex Smith cut...

I would certainly bring him in as a bridge. I do have to admit that I have a soft spot for the guy after all he's been through in the NFL.

I hope the Pats sign him today. No draft capital, cheap contract. Perfect bridge guy. Takes care of the ball and knows how to win. The only issue is his health which is big but I think well worth the risk. Sign him and bring Cam back in the Hill role and you have the perfect combo.

He couldn’t manage a whole season last year. I don’t know if his leg can withstand a 16 game schedule. Draft a rookie and start Smith for the first 6 games?
Sure.

But not for a whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do not want. That dude couldn't even make it two games last season before his leg gave out. It was an incredible story that he not only made it all the way back but actually started a game. I hope he hangs them up.

Do not want. That dude couldn't even make it two games last season before his leg gave out. It was an incredible story that he not only made it all the way back but actually started a game. I hope he hangs them up.
That injury was to the other leg.

He couldn’t manage a whole season last year. I don’t know if his leg can withstand a 16 game schedule. Draft a rookie and start Smith for the first 6 games?
Sure.

But not for a whole season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sign him for 6 games? Now THAT is a new angle...hmmm. Interesting. Give him a contract per healthy game, or something.

Back