Alk's European Vacation (advice needed)

The flight home has been booked. This trip will span from June 19th - July 4th. By far my longest vacation ever. The itinerary so far is pretty loosey goosey but I know for sure that while we're in London we will be doing the Harry Potter tour. We will also be going to the Liseberg amusement park in Gothenberg and the blue lagoon in Iceland. hot dog if youre of a mind
Remember to squeeze in that iceland hot dog (note, with crispy onions9. Whole Trip sounds awesome. have the time of times.

Remember to squeeze in that iceland hot dog (note, with crispy onions9. Whole Trip sounds awesome. have the time of times.
I did type that into the itinerary. :ROFLMAO: Oddly enough, one of the breweries I was researching has a current pizza special with those hot dogs on it.

Been all over the far east. Never been to Europe or Scandanavia. Don't know if I have enough time left make it or not.

Enjoy whatever you can while you can. Do whatever it is that floats your boat. Don't come back saying, "I wish I had............................". Do it!!! You'll never be sorry.

I did type that into the itinerary. :ROFLMAO: Oddly enough, one of the breweries I was researching has a current pizza special with those hot dogs on it.
Just don't wander off to much as most GPS do not work there. One of my sons and his wife got lost for nearly 15 hours on their honeymoon there.

I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on Stonehenge. That was one of the first things that came to my mind when my wife brought up things that I wanted to do in England. So far we have already had two friends tell us to skip it. Is it really that underwhelming? We found a tour package that included Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath. The problem is it's a 12 hour tour so it's basically going to shoot one full day all to hell.

I'm looking for everyone's thoughts on Stonehenge. That was one of the first things that came to my mind when my wife brought up things that I wanted to do in England. So far we have already had two friends tell us to skip it. Is it really that underwhelming? We found a tour package that included Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath. The problem is it's a 12 hour tour so it's basically going to shoot one full day all to hell.
Was watching a random travel show, and it was stated that Stonehenge can be “touristy “ for some people.
I would suggest looking for an alternative circle of stones, because I think they are available without crowds, but don’t know how accessible they are.

The trip has started to take shape. We have already purchased tickets for many of the tours.

Iceland - Golden Circle Tour - Thingvellir National Park, Kerid volcanic crater, Blue Lagoon. We will probably spend the other day just wandering around Reykjavik. I really want to visit Thor's Power Gym. That was a place that my son was really looking forward to seeing. Yes I will also be having a hot dog or two.

From there we fly to Copenhagen where we will meet up with a friend. We will spend the night at their house and then they will drive us to Sweden.

Sweden - Helsingborg, Lyseskil, Gothenburg and Stockholm. We will be going to the Liseberg amusement park, visiting the Vasa museum. I'm sure there will be plenty more but that's what is planned so far.

From Stockholm we will fly to London - We have tickets for the Harry Potter tour and tickets for a Jack the Ripper tour. I believe the Tower of London is on the agenda as well. We will kind of wing it on the rest and see what's close and what we have time for. At this time we have opted out on Stonehenge because all of those tours pretty much chewed up an entire day.

The trip has started to take shape. We have already purchased tickets for many of the tours.

Iceland - Golden Circle Tour - Thingvellir National Park, Kerid volcanic crater, Blue Lagoon. We will probably spend the other day just wandering around Reykjavik. I really want to visit Thor's Power Gym. That was a place that my son was really looking forward to seeing. Yes I will also be having a hot dog or two.

From there we fly to Copenhagen where we will meet up with a friend. We will spend the night at their house and then they will drive us to Sweden.

Sweden - Helsingborg, Lyseskil, Gothenburg and Stockholm. We will be going to the Liseberg amusement park, visiting the Vasa museum. I'm sure there will be plenty more but that's what is planned so far.

From Stockholm we will fly to London - We have tickets for the Harry Potter tour and tickets for a Jack the Ripper tour. I believe the Tower of London is on the agenda as well. We will kind of wing it on the rest and see what's close and what we have time for. At this time we have opted out on Stonehenge because all of those tours pretty much chewed up an entire day.
Really excited for you. Time of your life and memories forever.

Cheers, :toast:

Live unfortunately is always challenging.... I really wish it wasn’t .... but it is.

~Dee~

Today is the day!! Last night we saw our son off. He's currently on a bus to Chicago with his group who will then catch a flight to Sweden. My wife and I leave this afternoon. One flight to Chicago then on to Iceland.

Today is the day!! Last night we saw our son off. He's currently on a bus to Chicago with his group who will then catch a flight to Sweden. My wife and I leave this afternoon. One flight to Chicago then on to Iceland.
Good luck and I really hope that you and your family enjoy it as much as you can.

Reactions: Alk
Back