All moved posts from the Mac Jones Is Our QB1 thread

Honestly, of course they're not and I was remiss in not elaborating on my reasons for lumping them together. And, with all due respect, I wasn't implying that they should be lumped together for any reason other than this: their opinions are not intrinsically just "unpopular", they're virtually identical. Not one of them has introduced or offered an opinion that is creative, original, thought-provoking or intended to produce meaningful dialogue.
Virtually anything said unflattering of Belichick or Jones is immediately met with being unpopular and scorned. And the poster is personally attacked, ridiculed and told to leave. As such this site tends to come off more like a cult following than an open forum.

What's creative, original and thought-provoking in the collective view?... In Bill We Trust? Mac Jones is our QB1? Never mind being creative or original, how many times can you merely repeat the same catchphrase before it's rendered pointless?

It's all centered upon several tiresome, worn-out false premises: 1) Bill Belichick sucks as a coach and Tom Brady is responsible for all of the Patriot success from 2001-2019; 2) Mac Jones is already over-rated, has hit his ceiling and makes bad faces when things go badly; 3) the Patriots will never be good again because Belichick treated Brady, Dr. Quack aka Alex G. and the rest of Tompa Boy's posse poorly.
Then of course are the hyperbolic arguments. Virtually no one argues Belichick sucks, or Jones has hit his ceiling, or the Patriots are doomed because Brady was treated poorly (as if somehow karma will determine their fate).

1) Some question Belichick's GOATness in consideration of A) his head coaching record without Brady and B) Brady's record with another HC. Belichick's record as a HC without Brady is not good. Brady's still a Super Bowl champion without Belichick. These are facts but none of it is meant to suggest Belichick sucks. Obviously.

2) Mac Jones has not hit his ceiling. This is also stating the obvious. But from what I see here there's a degree of embellishing his production. Overall the numbers indicate he was rather average this season and if you think he's already a top-10 quarterback in the NFL then you are overrating him. Let's see how he does with more experience and a hopefully improving supporting cast.

3) I think there's some truth to Brady grew weary of dealing with Belichick on probably multiple levels. Ultimately though he likely would have stuck around had they extended him a reasonable contract offer. As things have turned out, i.e. extremely favorable for Brady while Belichick is floundering around with Newton and getting face planted by Buffalo, I'm sure Brady's just fine with whatever led him out of NE. But no one saying the Patriots will never be good again. However, I think Belichick needs to at least get back to another conference championship game or he's going to retire with many questioning his legacy. It is what it is.

Virtually anything said unflattering of Belichick or Jones is immediately met with being unpopular and scorned. And the poster is personally attacked, ridiculed and told to leave. As such this site tends to come off more like a cult following than an open forum.

What's creative, original and thought-provoking in the collective view?... In Bill We Trust? Mac Jones is our QB1? Never mind being creative or original, how many times can you merely repeat the same catchphrase before it's rendered pointless?

Then of course are the hyperbolic arguments. Virtually no one argues Belichick sucks, or Jones has hit his ceiling, or the Patriots are doomed because Brady was treated poorly (as if somehow karma will determine their fate).

1) Some question Belichick's GOATness in consideration of A) his head coaching record without Brady and B) Brady's record with another HC. Belichick's record as a HC without Brady is not good. Brady's still a Super Bowl champion without Belichick. These are facts but none of it is meant to suggest Belichick sucks. Obviously.

2) Mac Jones has not hit his ceiling. This is also stating the obvious. But from what I see here there's a degree of embellishing his production. Overall the numbers indicate he was rather average this season and if you think he's already a top-10 quarterback in the NFL then you are overrating him. Let's see how he does with more experience and a hopefully improving supporting cast.

3) I think there's some truth to Brady grew weary of dealing with Belichick on probably multiple levels. Ultimately though he likely would have stuck around had they extended him a reasonable contract offer. As things have turned out, i.e. extremely favorable for Brady while Belichick is floundering around with Newton and getting face planted by Buffalo, I'm sure Brady's just fine with whatever led him out of NE. But no one saying the Patriots will never be good again. However, I think Belichick needs to at least get back to another conference championship game or he's going to retire with many questioning his legacy. It is what it is.
Yawn...living up to your boring drone persona.

:smilies-11117:

But seriously...most of us see the mistakes that have been made especially with personnel, drafting, etc. BB has made plenty of mistakes and those mistakes are highly visible.
For me his worst mistake was giving too much authority to Caserio over the draft but that's just me.
Regardless, feel free to be critical of BB over specifics because all of us are.
However, you will get resistance if your overall tone becomes "BB sucks" or you judge him unfairly for things out of his control.
Yeah, we believe BB is the goat HC. We also think we have a good thing in Mac Jones.
It's really that simple.
So chill, keep down the hyperbole, try to get along and you'll fit in fine here.

Back