All moved posts from the Mac Jones Is Our QB1 thread

crawhammer

Assclown
Reaction score
This thread is about Mac. What the bleep do we care about that stuff? And why is it even in this thread? (Rhetorical Q - BS answers need not apply)
It's relevant that's why. Jones is up for Offensive ROY so naturally one might mention another obvious contender for the award.

What's your goal here? Incessant adoration. Celebratory comments only.

It's relevant that's why. Jones is up for Offensive ROY so naturally one might mention another obvious contender for the award.

What's your goal here? Incessant adoration. Celebratory comments only.
No dummy, he's sticking to the thread header, unlike what you've done since you got here. If you want to talk about other players then start a thread, quit sidetracking this one with your BS takes.

I said nothing in that last post which would have warranted deletion. Delete that trash calling me a dummy when I was merely replying to a post by a Moderator mentioning Chase and other rookie quarterbacks in comparison to Jones.
Hey, you've been a member here for a week or so. Others have been here for two decades. We have procedures for threads. Rather than coming in here with guns blazing - and your very first post set an antagonistic stance - why not sit back and see how we operate. Then you can decide if you want to abide by the way our group works or not. But either way, kindly tone down the antagonism. Thanks.

Also, the mods determine which posts warrant deletion or not.

But tone down the aggressive nature, please.

One of my posts got deleted, I don't know by who, but it didn't contain anything inflammatory so I don't get. I'm over it.

No, that's not who you quoted, BT isn't a mod.
SkiptoMyLou is a Mod, no?
I was replying to this:
The trendy pick would be Chase winning ROY, and I would completely understand it. That said, far and above the most important and most difficult position is QB, so Mac Jones would run away with it especially considering how he did in comparison to his peers.
If that's not an invitation to discuss Chase and other rookie quarterbacks then right, I don't understand the "thread procedures."

I'll end here with this... if there was an award for best season by a rookie quarterback then Mac Jones would win that. Although, it deserves a tepid celebration.

If that's not an invitation to discuss Chase and other rookie quarterbacks then right, I don't understand the "thread procedures."
Correct you do not understand, and you don't seem interested in learning. Threads here are susceptible to being derailed, as you are doing now by fighting so belligerently.

Talk about Mac Jones here if you wish. He's our QB1, and as a rookie in 2021 he was better than 20 other starting QBs, including some pretty elite guys. We are all excited about next year.

I can see you are less than impressed with Jones. What team are you a fan of?

It's a valid discussion. The board as a whole has had issues with some posters repeatedly derailing threads, which is why there is a bit of push back on what may look like off topic posts.

You're welcome to share your opinions, but please do so in a non-confrontational and civil manner.

As a previous poster noted -- taking a step back and seeing the tone of the board will help you ease into the forum and you'll be able to have engaging discussions without ruffling feathers.
This should go both ways, no? The collective membership isn't exactly welcoming. In case you didn't notice.

Correct you do not understand, and you don't seem interested in learning. Threads here are susceptible to being derailed, as you are doing now by fighting so belligerently.
Belligerently?

What team are you a fan of?
The Patriots.

He's our QB1, and as a rookie in 2021 he was better than 20 other starting QBs, including some pretty elite guys.
I'd like to see that list.

You realize that Mac ended as the 11th ranked QB out of 32, right? Almost broke the top 10 as an effing rookie!
Which ranking is that?

TD = 14th
TD% = 15th
Y/G = 17th
Y/A = 14th
QBR = 15th
Passer rating = 16th

Mac is our QB1... ish (just kidding)

Add a LEGIT WR1 to Bourne, Myers, Henry and their run game... I'd like to see that.

This should go both ways, no? The collective membership isn't exactly welcoming. In case you didn't notice.
We are very welcoming. Very few new posters do not receive a flock of :smilies-11117:

Now can we drop all this and please get back to discussing Mac Jones and only Mac Jones in this thread?

Thanks, and :smilies-11117:

Why, don't believe it?

PFF. That's the site all 32 teams use for advanced analytics.

View: https://twitter.com/Ryan_Spags/status/1483501361262206983

Those numbers posted by Ryan Spagnoli are incorrect. Jones didn't pass for over 4000 yards. He finished with 3801 which is 13th in the league. Y/G which is the more relevant stat he finished 17th. He also finished with 352 completions not 376, which is 15th in the league. Touchdowns, 22 not 24, he finished T-14th with Roethlisberger. Literally all of those stats are incorrect. Including that he finished as PFF's QB11. Depending on which PFF scale you're looking at, Jones finished between 12th (PFF overall grade) and 14th (Bayesian rankings). Regardless, he finished as the top ranked rookie quarterback in either scale. He's also likely to remain in the best situation of his QB draft class heading into next season (unless Trey Lance is named the starter in SF which is going to be a great fit for his skill set).

Those numbers posted by Ryan Spagnoli are incorrect. Jones didn't pass for over 4000 yards. He finished with 3801 which is 13th in the league. Y/G which is the more relevant stat he finished 17th. He also finished with 352 completions not 376, which is 15th in the league. Touchdowns, 22 not 24, he finished T-14th with Roethlisberger. Literally all of those stats are incorrect. Including that he finished as PFF's QB11. Depending on which PFF scale you're looking at, Jones finished between 12th (PFF overall grade) and 14th (Bayesian rankings). Regardless, he finished as the top ranked rookie quarterback in either scale. He's also likely to remain in the best situation of his QB draft class heading into next season (unless Trey Lance is named the starter in SF which is going to be a great fit for his skill set).

You spent a lot of time figuring out all of that stuff.

Now I have spent ZERO time on it other than to read your post.

While you were looking all of that up did it ever occur to you that Ryan's stats include the playoffs? I don't even know if that is true (you aren't worth the time beyond this post - as of now), but that popped into my head.

Of course, I was reading it without a "Brady complex" axe to grind that you suffer from.

Also, Mac Jones îs our QB1!!! (whether you like it or not!)

tenor.gif

Last edited:

You're wrong.

Spags is right.
Mac finished the season, including the wildcard game, as the 11th ranked QB with PFF with a score of 80.4 just ahead of Mahomes who scored 78.8.
The numbers you're claiming do NOT include the wildcard game. Spags' numbers are correct.
As for YPG which you think is more relevant, it's not more relevant for a team reliant on the short passing game and rushing game as the Pats were.

You're wrong.

Spags is right.
Mac finished the season, including the wildcard game, as the 11th ranked QB with PFF with a score of 80.4 just ahead of Mahomes who scored 78.8.
The numbers you're claiming do NOT include the wildcard game. Spags' numbers are correct.
As for YPG which you think is more relevant, it's not more relevant for a team reliant on the short passing game and rushing game as the Pats were.

Talk about a public ass-spanking...😂

You're wrong.

Spags is right.

Seriously?! Spags' numbers included the wild card game? He's a bigger fool than I thought. On what planet does it make any sense whatsoever to include postseason with regular season stats??? And then stack it up against quarterbacks who ARE NOT PLAYING ANYMORE? That's incredibly ridiculous.

By this twisted logic, Jones finished with 15 INT's which moves him up to 3rd most in the NFL. That sucks. Tom Brady has now set the all-time passing yards in a single season with 5587. Cooper Kupp has now set the receiving yards record too. You can toss out the "Jones finished just ahead of Mahomes" as well because he has possibly three games left which certainly will have him leapfrogging Jones (and others). This is all very fair and logical, right? At least according to Spags or anyone who wants to delude themselves with following his logic.

And I don't know what PFF is feeding into it's data base but if Jones is finishing ahead of Mahomes by any calculation then they need reconceive their methods.

Seriously?! Spags' numbers included the wild card game? He's a bigger fool than I thought. On what planet does it make any sense whatsoever to include postseason with regular season stats??? And then stack it up against quarterbacks who ARE NOT PLAYING ANYMORE? That's incredibly ridiculous.

By this twisted logic, Jones finished with 15 INT's which moves him up to 3rd most in the NFL. That sucks. Tom Brady has now set the all-time passing yards in a single season with 5587. Cooper Kupp has now set the receiving yards record too. You can toss out the "Jones finished just ahead of Mahomes" as well because he has possibly three games left which certainly will have him leapfrogging Jones (and others). This is all very fair and logical, right? At least according to Spags or anyone who wants to delude themselves with following his logic.

And I don't know what PFF is feeding into it's data base but if Jones is finishing ahead of Mahomes by any calculation then they need reconceive their methods.

You're a trip! Or you're tripping. Spags didn't limit Jones' numbers to the regular season. Read carefully.
It's only ridiculous to you because it doesn't fit your narrative. Fact check before you play again.
PFF's QB grade is based on all games played including those of Mahomes, Brady and the rest who played in Wildcard week. Josh Allen gained a lot. Maybe that makes you feel better.
As for leapfrogging Jones, let's see how they perform first, eh? As of now, Mac is 11th.
If you want to argue the stats, argue with PFF.

You're a trip! Or you're tripping. Spags didn't limit Jones' numbers to the regular season. Read carefully.
It's only ridiculous to you because it doesn't fit your narrative. Fact check before you play again.
PFF's QB grade is based on all games played including those of Mahomes, Brady and the rest who played in Wildcard week. Josh Allen gained a lot. Maybe that makes you feel better.
As for leapfrogging Jones, let's see how they perform first, eh? As of now, Mac is 11th.
If you want to argue the stats, argue with PFF.
Did Jones finish the season with 15 INT's? Is that your stance? 3rd worst in the NFL, garbage.
Did Brady set the all-time single-season passing record?
Kupp?
When are the ballots cast for MVP and Rookie of the Year?? Because Chase is still going and he's well over 1500 receiving yards already and at that rate he's going to shutout Jones in the voting. Does that fit your narrative?

Did Jones finish the season with 15 INT's? Is that your stance? 3rd worst in the NFL, garbage.
Kupp?
When are the ballots cast for MVP and Rookie of the Year?? Because Chase is still going and he's well over 1500 receiving yards already and at that rate he's going to shutout Jones in the voting. Does that fit your narrative?

Responses like these are precisely why you don't feel welcomed here.

They're not necessarily against the rules, but they have an aggressive and dismissive tone.

I'm sure you can do better than that.

Responses like these are precisely why you don't feel welcomed here.

They're not necessarily against the rules, but they have an aggressive and dismissive tone.

I'm sure you can do better than that.
Considering his argument, those are legitimate questions.

Kupp?

Go here: Brady Planet

Stay there. The clown gave you Brady worshipers a place to do what ever it is you do so you won't do it here. How hard is that for you and Mazz to understand?

You pollute here.

Thank you.

Back