Amatuer Photography Thread

It's likely not the format or the method, but the actual file size. If you want to share full resolution RAW images or uncompressed, better upload them to cloud storage somewhere and then link them here.

Otherwise, compress them down to a smaller jpeg.

My guess anyway based on what I have read.

It's likely not the format or the method, but the actual file size. If you want to share full resolution RAW images or uncompressed, better upload them to cloud storage somewhere and then link them here.

Otherwise, compress them down to a smaller jpeg.

My guess anyway based on what I have read.
Sometimes you can click in the pic and zoom it in or out on here. Most people don't know that here. Obviously, if the file is too big, it will need to be compressed down though.

This one is about 3MB, so it came in under the limit (whatever that might be) - an osprey in Yellowstone last summer. And Dee, I don't see any box or heading that says "BIU"- just an "Attach files" at the bottom
untitled-6016.jpg

Here's another one under the MB limit - I cropped it down.

It was taken two years ago near San Clemente, Ca. close to sunset. We had just come out of a restaurant and I looked up over this hill - the sunset was directly behind this tree - I could't get to my car fast enough to grab my camera...!

Attachments

• untitled-4951.jpg
    untitled-4951.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 56

It was taken two years ago near San Clemente, Ca. close to sunset. We had just come out of a restaurant and I looked up over this hill - the sunset was directly behind this tree - I could't get to my car fast enough to grab my camera...!
Absolutely gorgeou!

it’s on the top of the response box.

~Dee~

untitled-4951-jpg.10298

Some great photos in this thread. I always wanted to take nice pictures, but I suck at it...

This old car was situated at the entrance of our cabin near Mt Robson in British Columbia- it was just a bit photogenic I thought :)

Attachments

• untitled-9518.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
This old car was situated at the entrance of our cabin near Mt Robson in British Columbia- it was just a bit photogenic I thought :)
Love it !

Lost a couple of thumb drives in our last move and I have a truck very similar and a VW bug with a tree growing through it lol. Nicely done.

~Dee~

Love it !

Lost a couple of thumb drives in our last move and I have a truck very similar and a VW bug with a tree growing through it lol. Nicely done.

~Dee~

Thanks Dee - and sorry you lost that thumb drive - its no fun to lose some important pics...!

Thanks Dee - and sorry you lost that thumb drive - its no fun to lose some important pics...!
I’m sure it will turn up we just moved about 6 months ago.....I still have a ton of boxes to go through lol.

~Dee~

Nice! You’ve been holding back!

~Dee~

Thanks - I'll add a couple more from the Dunes - such a great area to hike in and do some photos. The deep shadows early in the morning - and late in the day - add a lot a depth and drama - photography is all about the light.

Attachments

• untitled-9519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Late afternoon, the Great Sand Dunes in Colorado. Turns out there were a couple ravens swooping around near the top, I didn't know it until I looked at the picture days laterView attachment 10320-
Seriously, beautiful, world class image. Were it mine, I'd protect it and license it

Less seriously: Who else sees the Doggy with lips?

Back