Amatuer Photography Thread

Another favorite target of mine - the grandkids - here's one of them, intently watching her fav Disney show:

Attachments

• untitled-9524.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Thanks Dee....!

Here's another from the Dunes - it was late in the day and I had just hiked out. For grins I took a look back up in there, and I was surprised to see these 2 hikers, just as they entered an area with a slice of strong sun as a backdrop- I was able to click a few shots before they disappeared.
Outstanding.

Thanks Dee....!

Here's another from the Dunes - it was late in the day and I had just hiked out. For grins I took a look back up in there, and I was surprised to see these 2 hikers, just as they entered an area with a slice of strong sun as a backdrop- I was able to click a few shots before they disappeared.
Beautiful! I have to get some of my pictures up lots going on right now but I will get them sometime in a week or two at the latest. But loving yours.

~Dee~

Just love, always, that stupid doggy head cock. :rofl: It's what every doggy, that ever there was, has in common. :rofl:

Cheers
Haha yea, she will tilt her head back and forth the whole time you talk her, it's very easy to get a photo of her doing it. She's been like that since she was a month old.

One from NW New Mexico - Shiprock Peak.

I got this pic as the remnants of a hurricane were moving through the area. Some very striking beams of light were cutting through the heavy storm clouds:
That maybe your best lol. I need to travel more .... sure wish I could.

~Dee~

That's actually what I meant. What you sell is a license. Didn't say it too well.

Cheers
That's a different sales method, but, you can do that too I suppose. I'm talking about selling prints of your photography. You have to have a website, a sales funnel, merchant account, ad spend for ads, etc. I'm doing it for my art. You can bypass the art galleries this way. You control most everything. It's awesome!

I call shenanigans.

RoadNasty is very clearly no amateur with these utterly stunning scenes. 😍

Off with his head!!! 😅💖

What an eye man. Wow!! 🔥🔥🔥

HaHa, good stuff there johnlocke, made me laugh out loud. :)

I did use a polarizing filter and a tripod though - plus the sun was real low and intense, that helped 😍

Thanks Dee....!

This is what I struggle with the most with scenery pics, the technical aspect of getting the "lines" of the scene angled in the best way. And with that photo you had several to deal with, very well done. Does it come naturally to you as in just what you think looks best?

It's something I just always keep in mind when I'm out in the outback somewhere. However, in the hikers on the dunes, it was mostly luck with that one - the crests of the dunes were running mostly left to right, and the hikers were silhouetted against the sun, so it was mostly reaction without thinking too much, just focus, level, and fire a few shots off. In the other dunes shot (I'll re-post it) the crest of the dunes acted as a "leading line", I was able to position that line coming out of the lower left, then your eye is able to follow it up through the "ribbon candy" area, all the way up to the upper right where the peak of the dune is. So that line leads your way through the entire picture. Getting a leading line to originate diagonally like that can be pretty powerful. You might try a seashore or fence line somewhere, or even a sidewalk leading up to an old building or something like that. I've been outside. for hours and nothing appears, then all of a sudden- poof- you have something in front of you. Both of these sand dune pictures came late in the day- and I had been out there all day each time, so you never know, its just a matter of sticking with it and having a good time along the way. :)View attachment 10585
Luck does play big role, yes, but you seem to make your own luck my friend kudos!

~Dee~

Beautiful!

~Dee~

Thanks Dee- on that same trip, here's a pic of a big griz out in a meadow, he was eating dandelions, but he stopped and took a couple steps toward us, I snapped this pic, then he went back to digging dandelions.

untitled-9535.jpgHe was about 90 yards away when I got this pic with my tele. We had bear spray at the ready, but he was never aggressive.

Thanks Dee- on that same trip, here's a pic of a big griz out in a meadow, he was eating dandelions, but he stopped and took a couple steps toward us, I snapped this pic, then he went back to digging dandelions.

View attachment 10616He was about 90 yards away when I got this pic with my tele. We had bear spray at the ready, but he was never aggressive.
That's a good sized bear, best way to tell is by their ears, when they look really small like the one above you know you're looking at a good one. Nice pic man!

Back