Amatuer Photography Thread

cadmonkey

I have nothing useful to say....
Reaction score
This thread is inspired by a thread started by (Zack) over at Chiefsplanet. It got me looking through some of the pictures I have taken over the years.

Lets see who here has the eye for photography.

I'll get it started, I know I have shown this picture 1,000 times but it is my favorite becuase it has to do with nature. But it was taken durring a nor'easter on Lynn Beach. I recently framed this set and love how it came out..............

These next two were taken in Vermont as the sun was coming up

Ok, here is the story behind this. My friend puts everything, I mean everything. He hates to chip. So we were golfing one day and one of our buddies in the group ahead of us was pissed that we drove through them and landed one ball on the fringe, so they stomped his ball into the ground, and the joke was he would attempt to put it out................

Story behind this picture..........

Massport wanted to extend the runway at logan airport back in the 60's. In order to do it, they need to buy out all the home owners in this one East Boston neighborhood. One family wouldn't sell. Every other family moved away, and every house in the neighborhood was torn down around this one house. After years in the courts, and other residents of East Boston complaining about the noise that will be caused by the runway being extended, Massport decided not to extend the runway. So for 40 years this one house had been the lone standing memorial to the old neighborhood called "Wood Island" in run down East Boston.

here is the color version so you can get the full affect of how run down the house has become..........

here is a painting that some artist did of the house, i have it hanging on my kitchen wall

my girlfriend........

this reminds me, i really need to get back into taking pictures again. its real relaxing.

cadmonkey said:
Story behind this picture..........

Massport wanted to extend the runway at logan airport back in the 60's. In order to do it, they need to buy out all the home owners in this one East Boston neighborhood. One family wouldn't sell. Every other family moved away, and every house in the neighborhood was torn down around this one house. After years in the courts, and other residents of East Boston complaining about the noise that will be caused by the runway being extended, Massport decided not to extend the runway. So for 40 years this one house had been the lone standing memorial to the old neighborhood called "Wood Island" in run down East Boston.
Cad, my Father grew up in this area of East Boston. Neptune Road which is now gone. If you talk to anyone over 60 years old about Wood Island Park you will get great stories of how there were families picnicking there every Sunday when the weather allowed it. You will also get the REAL story of just how much Mass poiliticians and MassPort screwed that area. Whenever my Mother tells me how great Ted Kennedy and Bob Traviglini are, I ask her to find out from my Dad what they did, or are currently doing, for Wood Island area residents. That usually ends the conversation.

Wow. Nice girlfriend. Oh, and uhhhh, nice picture.

This isn't nearly as sexy, but I think it is pretty good. A pic I took at the Fountain of Youth in Florida.

some very nice stuff there cad, you have a good eye for composition.

like the way you framed the wedding shot with the flowers in the foreground.

the Lynn Beach storm shot I think I remember you posting before. have travelled that stretch many times over the years but only once during a heavy weather storm at high tide.

the waves busting the granite breakwater can be a rush

finally, thanks for posting some nice snow pictures for us here during August. whatsa matter, can't wait for the cold sh!t weather to come? arsewhole

Here's another for good measure taken from a restaraunt in Ponte Vedra, Fl. overlooking the intracoastal waterway.

Some nice pics in this thread. :) Thanks! I enjoy looking at pics of various scenery, nature, kids, etc. Puts a personal touch to the whole internet-friend thingy.

And another character composition I took of my brother in law Teddy in a reflective moment.

You get a pretty good idea what he is all about from this shot. He is a force of nature.

Back