Amazing stats

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
I thought it might make sense to have a thread to memorialize amazing statlines or achievements that don't necessarily belong elsewhere.

One of the Little Wanderers has recently become fascinated with both football and statistics, and found a few that were interesting to kick it off.

Only 24 NFL QBs have more than 2 games with 5+ TD passes.
  • Only 12 have more than 3.
  • 3 did it 4 times: Stafford, Farve, & Warren Moon
  • 3 did it 5 times: George Blanda, Wilson, & Rodgers (who is the only one of these 12 to have no interceptions in any of the 5+ TD games)
  • 3 did it 6 times: Marino, Roethliaberger, & Mahomes (already!)
...then a gap...
- 2 did it 9 times: Brady & Manning, natch.

But then that one guy...
Drew Brees has 11 games with 5 or more passing TDs.

He's also the only QB who has twice won games in which the opposing QB threw 5 or more TDs, beating Matt Ryan in 2018 and Eli Manning in 2015, a game in which Brees became the most recent NFL QB to tie the record of 7 TD passes in a game.

I thought it might make sense to have a thread to memorialize amazing statlines or achievements that don't necessarily belong elsewhere.

One of the Little Wanderers has recently become fascinated with both football and statistics, and found a few that were interesting to kick it off.

Only 24 NFL QBs have more than 2 games with 5+ TD passes.
  • Only 12 have more than 3.
  • 3 did it 4 times: Stafford, Farve, & Warren Moon
  • 3 did it 5 times: George Blanda, Wilson, & Rodgers (who is the only one of these 12 to have no interceptions in any of the 5+ TD games)
  • 3 did it 6 times: Marino, Roethliaberger, & Mahomes (already!)
...then a gap...
- 2 did it 9 times: Brady & Manning, natch.

But then that one guy...
Drew Brees has 11 games with 5 or more passing TDs.

He's also the only QB who has twice won games in which the opposing QB threw 5 or more TDs, beating Matt Ryan in 2018 and Eli Manning in 2015, a game in which Brees became the most recent NFL QB to tie the record of 7 TD passes in a game.

I remember Drew Brees being such a prolific passer out of Purdue (Matt Light was his left tackle) and how ridiculous it was that he dropped in the draft because he wasn’t 6’4. Perfect pocket passing vision and anticipation and accuracy.

The closest I remember of Drew Brees’ college career at Purdue, was Mac Jones’ senior year season at Alabama. Similar in terms of elite accuracy, pocket vision, anticipation, and a very catchable ball.

Brees did this in the NFL without a HOF receiver like Peyton had. Brees and TB12 did it with receivers by having excellent vision and knowing where to attack a defense on every play due to excellent preparation and awareness.

Last edited:
If Marcus Colston could have stayed healthy he was pretty decent, but y’all are right. Brees in his prime in a dome was as good as it got. He couldn’t play in bad weather though, and it cost that franchise quite a few playoff runs over the years. That’s something Brady deserves a ton of credit for, is his ability to keep a high level of play in absolute awful conditions weather wise.
Nothing to do with with Brees, but that onside kick against the colts in the Super Bowl was one of my favorite Super Bowl memories outside of Patriots victories.

Back