America says, "Hold my beer! We got this!"

Record smashed in Florida I see. 15,000 new cases, a single-day record for any US State.

This is concerning.

It’s only concerning if it’s hospitalizations. This is going to happen. The numbers aren’t really going to dissipate until the number of previously infected, and thus having antibodies, reduces the number of potential infected.

How many tests implemented vs other states and other days?

This thread has taken a weird turn. Iwas started to show the amazing spirit, ingenuity and overall goodness of American goodwill during a difficult time but has devolved into fighting at times.

I just don’t understand the logic at times.

The first response was TESTING! TESTING! TESTING!

So, more testing, by far, than any other nation.

More testing per capita obviously to anyone with a brain will result in more positives.

What else is to be expected?

More testing per capita obviously to anyone with a brain will result in more positives.

What else is to be expected?

We're still testing, per capita, much less then other nations who are actually controlling this. Yes and increase in testing will lead to an increase in positive results, but it is not the only reason for the increase in positive results. The number of infected people was increasing, and by the nature of a geometric growth that's.......bad

We're still testing, per capita, much less then other nations who are actually controlling this. Yes and increase in testing will lead to an increase in positive results, but it is not the only reason for the increase in positive results. The number of infected people was increasing, and by the nature of a geometric growth that's.......bad

Inevitable, until there’s a vaccine or until enough people have had it that they can no longer get it and continue the spread and it fades out.

Inevitable, until there’s a vaccine or until enough people have had it that they can no longer get it and continue the spread and it fades out.

There is ample evidence around the world prove this was not, and still isn't, inevitable.

Except that people are catching this more than once. The antibodies don’t last forever. People who have had this in MA are being told that they’ll be susceptible again in 2-3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Germany, Japan, South Korea? Nevermind China.

I’ll just refuse to discuss China.

Only a fool believes ANYTHING coming out of that country.

There no reason to discuss the official numbers being released from china but they're ample anecdotal evidence that they have at least contained the spread which is impressive considering they had no forewarning. (not that we chose to take much advantage of it)

Secondly, you didn't acknowledge Germany, A nation on the same scale economical with a death rate that is a quarter of ours.

It was clearly possible to reduce the total fatalities.

In numbers, but not in percentage of population. Europe and Asia stopped it. Europe and Asia mandated masks and tested just about everyone and quarantined those with the virus.

The states that listened to Trump and opened early are the ones in deep shit. The ones that listened to Fauci, the CDC and everyone pretty much everyone who wasn't afraid he'd fire them if they disagreed with him are out of it. New York City had zero new cases yesterday.

Is this all a coincidence?

Trump promotes tweet claiming CDC, physicians are lying about COVID-19

President Donald Trump retweeted a post claiming the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and others are telling "outrageous lies" about the pandemic. The original tweet, from conservative podcast host Chuck Woolery, claims the lies are politically motivated and designed to keep the economy from reviving.

"The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying," Woolery, a former game show host, wrote. "The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it."

This is the heart of it, I suppose.

If you believe the CDC is lying, what about the WHO? The rest of the world is not having the issues we have in the states that ignored the CDC warnings and recommendations?

Our national economy is not getting better, and it is because of states that ignored the CDC.

In regards to the question of "what more could Trump have done?"
And the answer is, from perspective, anything. Since there was functionally no federal response.

There could have been a national stay at home order, we could have compelled for companies to making masks in the early days (prior to the shortage! it's not like we didn't see this coming)
Fuck, he could have just worn a mask in public and told people to stay home. (He was tweeting support of the shut down protests in early fucking May!)

Ultimately the economic consequences of this haphazard response are going to be so much worse for it. It's only a matter of time before Texas and Florida are shutting down a gun, and it's going to be weeks.

Germany does seem to have flattened. That’s still not a case of zero cases.

Japan?

Hold your horses cowboy. This curve isn’t looking great last 60 days:

View attachment 104059

South Korea?

View attachment 104060

I didn't see this post, I apologize.

Yes those are spikes, those spikes in Japan are literally 100 times smaller then the
USA.

https://news.google.com/covid19/map?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en&mid=/m/09c7w0

Secondly, the last report I read, those countries are reporting much higher rates of negative testing, indicating that they're are actually testing much more thoroughly then we are, even if they're testing less.

South Korea deaths are at 30-60 at most per day.
MA alone is in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting. S. Korea has a population 10 times that of MA and didn't shut down the country, really and it seems, per capita they have far fewer deaths per day. By a lot.

There no reason to discuss the official numbers being released from china but they're ample anecdotal evidence that they have at least contained the spread which is impressive considering they had no forewarning. (not that we chose to take much advantage of it)

Secondly, you didn't acknowledge Germany, A nation on the same scale economical with a death rate that is a quarter of ours.

It was clearly possible to reduce the total fatalities.

Yes, I did acknowledge Germany. Go back and read again.

Interesting. S. Korea has a population 10 times that of MA and didn't shut down the country, really and it seems, per capita they have far fewer deaths per day. By a lot.

They completely shut down the cities where the virus appeared. My students in SK have been affected a bit, but not as much as people in those specific cities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Back