Amy Coney Barrett

deec77

Reaction score
I’m in awe of this women...I don’t care where you stand politically. She is absolutely amazing, brilliant, an incredible parent, and legal advocate constitutionally speaking. I work within the court system and I would love for her to be a judge in a court presiding over my clients cases.

~Dee~

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Day 3 is up and running. I was not unpleasantly surprised by Feinstein's lack of confrontational demeanor. Barrett, as expected, remained unruffled and Unscarred.

Cheers

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
The interesting thing, is if she's confirmed, she'll be the only member of the Court who didn't get her law degree at Harvard or Yale.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
They’ve got 1 more day to make a case against her, I don’t see it happening, even if they had another week it’s just a forgone conclusion. Trump picked a true winner in ACB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
After 20 minutes of the judicial committee members ramblings
Out comes the age old question: is their a question in here somewhere?

For example, Senator Booker, up for reelection in NJ, was campaigning like a trooper. At the end he graciously congratulates Barrett for answering his questions and I don't even remember him asking any.

IU_Knightmare

Reaction score
Well, they tried every which way to "get" her. The old standby of Roe V. Wade, more recent the ACA and Gay Marriage, the causes du jour of Covid and Social Justice, the standard accusatory vagaries such as being a puppet of the party/administration which nominated her along with all things in between and on the periphery. She passed with flying colors, was unflappable and and beyond a shadow of a doubt proved her mettle.

Now we wait for the other shoe to drop. I am sure they have had literally hundreds of operatives doing deep dives on her the past week or so, digging for anything they can find to drop enough of a bomb to demand a hearing/investigation.

My money is on the race card (some epithet as a teen, some costume from 30-40 years ago that was accepted then but is now insensitive or culturally appropriating or some such horseshit).

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
She said the "c"word...she's doomed.

(Constitution)

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
A 40 hour (or whatever) video of her hearing (an abridged version could just leave out the republicans) should become a training manuel for dealing with the looney left, Just call it "Ignore the Noise.

Awesome performance. Impressed and so proud.

Cheers

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
Well, this is just special. :spock:

Sorority deletes tweet congratulating Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court nomination

Apologizes to everyone for tweeting or deleting

Kappa Delta’s national organization has issued an apology for congratulating Judge Amy Coney Barrett, a member of the sorority at Rhodes College, for her nomination to the Supreme Court.

The sorority tweeted on September 28 a congratulations to Barrett, several days after President Donald Trump officially nominated her to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat.

The tweet read: “KD alumna Amy Coney Barrett was nominated to serve on the Supreme Court. While we do not take a stand on political appointments, we recognize Judge Coney Barrett’s significant accomplishment. We acknowledge our members have a variety of views and a right to their own beliefs.”

The tweet has since been deleted. Kappa Delta released an apology the next day, apologizing to people offended by the post and people offended by its removal.

“Our approach was disappointing and hurtful to many,” the sorority wrote in a graphic.

“We did not intend to enter a political debate, take a stand on the Supreme Court nomination, cause division among our sisters, or alienate any of our members,” it said.

The sorority then praised itself for beginning earlier this year “an intentional journey for the betterment of our organization.” It thanked people for “holding us accountable.”

Followers chimed in, thanking or criticizing the sorority.

“I am embarrassed she is in any way associated with our sisterhood,” wrote feminist author Amy Siskind. “She does not stand for our values, and that goes well beyond a half century old decision. But [sic[ I appreciate national addressing the hurt this has caused.”

Another commenter wrote “What’s disappointing is that you let yourself be bullied and showed that ‘once a KD always a KD’ isn’t true… Amy Coney Barrett, regardless of her political affiliation, is a Kappa Delta sister.”

The commenter said Barrett “deserves acknowledgement for her achievement from her sorority.”

“Disgraceful.”

Oh the humanity!

They congratulated a member for an accomplishment, and clarified they took no position on her or any other members beliefs.