And the Giant Nut goes to...

Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
...Sawblaze!

(Boo. I was a Huge backer. Huge is kind of a big deal, you know.)

But I did like Sawblaze, and I was glad to see two bots in the finals that were significantly different from what has become "standard" in the recent meta.

Congrats to the Sawblaze team, and nice work on their anti-Huge customization and a comeback from a dominant opening from Huge.

Keep STEMming!

Now, of course, I'm going outside to watch LWs #6 and #10 take apart our old lawnmower.

...also, I know we're all mature enough to acknowledge that the champion "gets a giant nut" and not turn that into a gross thing, right?

Right?

I got hooked on it for a while during the recent tournament, but missed the final.

Despite the chlocky/cheesy presentation, I really believe there is something there that'll be a much bigger deal in the future as a
major international sporting event if somebody who knows what they are doing steps in. It really could be huge, no pun intended.

Sometimes, like when Riptide knocked it's opponent (Copperhead?) into the roof of the arena, it can be an amazing watch, but
almost all matches are interesting to me. It's the dopey fake signs in the audience and all the nerds posing like rock stars that is
hard to take.

I wonder what would happen if you paired up two of those super expensive robot dog things in a battle? Maybe that is what
it will take to get the general public excited, but I kind of like it as it is now. Sort of raw and unformed, but entertaining.

...also, I know we're all mature enough to acknowledge that the champion "gets a giant nut" and not turn that into a gross thing, right?

Right?

Oh, absolutely. Never crossed my mind.

I will say that I spent a few minutes wondering about why Bunny from Team Malice carries what appears to be a spanking paddle
into the arena, but that is probably for completely legit reasons and has nothing to do with her doing an S&M Dominatrix routine
back at the hotel where all the virgin nerds lick her boots and beg for punishment.

Pretty sure.

Malice-Bunny-Sauriol-2021-1024x683.jpg

I got hooked on it for a while during the recent tournament, but missed the final.

Despite the chlocky/cheesy presentation, I really believe there is something there that'll be a much bigger deal in the future as a
major international sporting event if somebody who knows what they are doing steps in. It really could be huge, no pun intended.

Sometimes, like when Riptide knocked it's opponent (Copperhead?) into the roof of the arena, it can be an amazing watch, but
almost all matches are interesting to me. It's the dopey fake signs in the audience and all the nerds posing like rock stars that is
hard to take.

I wonder what would happen if you paired up two of those super expensive robot dog things in a battle? Maybe that is what
it will take to get the general public excited, but I kind of like it as it is now. Sort of raw and unformed, but entertaining.
I agree about the presentation. For one thing, exactly zero need for it to be a 2-hour program containing maybe 6-8 matches that run a maximum of 3 minutes. Cut the nonsense in half. We watch exclusively pre-recorded on YTTV.

They need to increase the serious analysis in the commentary, cut the time and silliness (and Farooq's awful rhymes!) and maybe do something innovative like design and include portable seating structures directly above the arena or something like that, with all the cameras inside the bubble of fans.

hard to take.

I nerd out to BB big time but it's like liking ABBA in the 70's, you just can't admit to it. Aside from the driving and design skill to go at this level, there is the repair capability you have to have to get ready for the next match. Some of the damage these things get is incredible from amputations to being engulfed in flames. The other thing watching some Bots fly through the air is they weigh 200 lbs.

I love battlebots, Hydra is freaking amazing with the height they get on flips. The final was nice to see two bots that are normally there. I still don't see a need for a flame thrower weapon at this point, most bots are sealed to where it won't hurt it except for cosmetically (like Ribbot). As for the show, I usually watch via dvr and fast forward though the stuff between matches.

Back