Any guitar players here?

patsRmyboys

Fun in the Florida sun
Reaction score
Are you a bedroom player (me now) or do you go out and gig? What gear do you want and what gear do you actually have... just curious.

I USED to play out back in the day but now I'm bedroom player and just do it for my own satisfaction. I used to have a Mesa Boogie and a Marshall JCM800 but I got rid of all that big stuff and have found joy in Boss Katana 100. This thing literally has almost all the pedals I used to use built right in and with Tone Studio you hook the amp up to your computer and can load in settings to make you sound (effects wise anyway) like almost any band out there. Oh and what kinds of guitars do you guy and gals play? I'm a Les Paul guy myself.

I am a guitar guy and I love gear!

I occasionally play at bars, either alone or with a drummer.

Guitar: American strat with Lindy fralin pickups, Seymour Duncan mini hunbucker in the bridge. I’ve got my neck tone pot wired to control the bridge pickup and it’s hard tailed and fully shielded. Grover locking tuners and a Grafite nut.

I run that into a TC electronics spark, which is maybe my favorite new pedal, into an Ibanez tube screamer upgraded by analog man silver dime mod, into an electro harmonics big muff nano, into an electro harmonix micro qutron, into the boomerrang 3.

All of that into a fender deluxe reverb, and I can get any tone I want. It’s been a lifetime of work getting here.

E62E1F37-3DCF-4D7B-A063-4EADF99CEA6C.jpeg

The spark is an incredible cheap clean boost. It’s far and away my favorite pedal.

I play a lot of high notes in solos, so I like a double cutaway. I never could get used to a Les Paul neck. But the Les Paul guys I know tell me they can’t get used to a fender neck.

Guitar: American strat with Lindy fralin pickups, Seymour Duncan mini hunbucker in the bridge. I’ve got my neck tone pot wired to control the bridge pickup and it’s hard tailed and fully shielded. Grover locking tuners and a Grafite nut.

I run that into a TC electronics spark, which is maybe my favorite new pedal, into an Ibanez tube screamer upgraded by analog man silver dime mod, into an electro harmonics big muff nano, into an electro harmonix micro qutron, into the boomerrang 3.

All of that into a fender deluxe reverb, and I can get any tone I want. It’s been a lifetime of work getting here.

View attachment 12413

The spark is an incredible cheap clean boost. It’s far and away my favorite pedal.
I had a strat back in the day back but I grew up an Ace Frehley fan so I had to have a Les Paul. The low action and sustain from the mahogany body, maple cap and set in neck just do it for me. Playing "Shock Me" with a strat just seemed sacrilegious. :) I recently picked up an Epiphone Jerry Cantrell Les Paul Custom Wino and that thing is absolutely gorgeous. Wine red with gold hardware. I'll post a pic a little later. Well worth the 850 I paid for it. I installed Grover lockers in it and I have a Gibson 490r and 498t on the way for it. This way the Gibson can take a well deserved rest for a while.

Last edited:
There's the stuff I currently use. That amp the foot switch and and the expression pedal are all I need now. Oh and that's the Jerry Cantrell Wino Les Paul Custom. I know it looks black but it's a gorgeous wine red color and sometimes I like to just look at it before I pick her up and make some noise.

Attachments

• PXL_20220913_134303533.jpg
    PXL_20220913_134303533.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Cantrell mostly uses G&L or whatever the brand name is strats...
There's the stuff I currently use. That amp the foot switch and and the expression pedal are all I need now. Oh and that's the Jerry Cantrell Wino Les Paul Custom. I know it looks black but it's a gorgeous wine red color and sometimes I like to just look at it before I pick her up and make some noise.

He has another LP custom that he calls "blue dress" or something like that in like an electric storm blue type of color, pretty sick looking

EDIT: The Blue Dress guitar he uses is actually a GL as well...

View attachment 12413

Quite a snake pit you got going on there.

I'm currently playing a PRS SE Custom 22, running it through a Boss ME 25. Also have a Behringer fuzz box with 2 distortion channels and a boost channel that I like to run bass tracks through. Don't play live but I do a lot of recording (Reason 12, full version)

Are you a bedroom player (me now) or do you go out and gig? What gear do you want and what gear do you actually have... just curious.

I USED to play out back in the day but now I'm bedroom player and just do it for my own satisfaction. I used to have a Mesa Boogie and a Marshall JCM800 but I got rid of all that big stuff and have found joy in Boss Katana 100. This thing literally has almost all the pedals I used to use built right in and with Tone Studio you hook the amp up to your computer and can load in settings to make you sound (effects wise anyway) like almost any band out there. Oh and what kinds of guitars do you guy and gals play? I'm a Les Paul guy myself.
Genius thread man!

Cheers, :toast:

Impressive stuff, gents. I also play a bit and, like OZO, have a PRS SE 22-- a semi-hollow. It's a nice, versatile guitar and is the easiest on the fingers of anything I've tried, but I haven't played it much lately, preferring to use a Martin D-38 that is sort of on semi-permanent loan to me. I looked it up and have seen similar Martins sell for about 3 grand. The PRS cost me 700 new, so not all of their line is pricey.

I keep telling myself I either need to sell the PRS or get serious, but I just like it. Looks just like the pic below. Nothing fancy. prs-se-custom-semi-hollow-vintage-natural-617120.jpg

Back