Any guitar players here?

Lol I do have a snake pit. I recently switched to Mogami cables, and I’ve got to say I absolutely love the quality. They are guaranteed for life and have noticeably less noise than other high quality cables. For me they are worth the extra money.

I am away on vacation this week but will chime in when I get back. Don’t play much now but back in 80’s was in a band.

I went to a school to become a recording engineer in Ohio back in the day...found a good enough day job that paid six figures a year, and...yeah.

Lol I do have a snake pit. I recently switched to Mogami cables, and I’ve got to say I absolutely love the quality. They are guaranteed for life and have noticeably less noise than other high quality cables. For me they are worth the extra money.
Have you seen those cables by Gibson? They actually have wooden surrounds on the 1/4" plugs.

I've been using Fender cables, great quality for the price

If you rotate that cable plugged into the pic I posted earlier it says "Fender" on it... The signal doesn't care about the name brand on the cable. 👍
One caveat on that... if the chord is 100 feet long sure the quality of the cable will definitely be an issue but for a 10 footer it makes no difference that can be heard with human ears.

This is a whole new language for me. Maybe I should order Babbel for guitar so I can keep up.
I played acoustic guitar both 6 and 12 string and this is foreign to me lol.

~Dee~

Course I say that having taken almost 20 years away from playing. These last few years have been fun for me to feel the weight of the guitar hanging there again and just, playing music. Sometimes I smoke a bowl and I'm walking by the guitar and then an hour and half just flies by. It's nice to not have fingerprints again :)

Why "played" past tense?
I still dabble a bit it’s good exercise for my fingers ( I have a lot of arthritis in my spine as well as my fingers). I gave my left handed granddaughter my 12 string and we goof around together. She plays the violin/ fiddle and guitar. She’s impressive so I enjoy playing with her she keeps me young...

~Dee~

I’m not going to lie I wish I learned the violin she’s amazing....

~Dee~

I still dabble a bit it’s good exercise for my fingers ( I have a lot of arthritis in my spine as well as my fingers). I gave my left handed granddaughter my 12 string and we goof around together. She plays the violin/ fiddle and guitar. She’s impressive so I enjoy playing with her she keeps me young...

~Dee~
Playing music helps to keep your brain sharp too... You'll notice that Biden doesn't play any instruments at all. :ROFLMAO:

One caveat on that... if the chord is 100 feet long sure the quality of the cable will definitely be an issue but for a 10 footer it makes no difference that can be heard with human ears.
They have wireless shit, but, more radiation BS to put up with...

I've been messing around with the guitar for over a decade but never took it seriously, kinda wish I would have now but better late than never I guess. I've got 2 guitars, 1 is a MIJ Fender Tele that I modified with EMG Het Set pickups, I've had it for over 20 years and is my go to guitar. My other guitar is an MJT strat body with Hot Texas Blues pickups and a MIJ Fender Strat lefty rosewood neck, a very cool guitar that I put together but it doesn't play well up past the 12th fret and I think the neck might be warped a bit. Going to get another neck and see what happens.

I've got 2 amps, a little Roland Micro-Cube 5w and a Blackstar HT Club 40 Mk II, just put a Celestion Vintage 30 in it to see if I could some more treble out of it but right now it doesn't seem to be helping. Pedals are an Ibanez Keeley modded TS-9, one bad ass pedal and the other is a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor, I'm going to pick up a few more so I can get the sound I'm looking for dialed in.

Strat.jpgTele 1.jpg

Back