Anyone play Diablo 3?

Wizard level 13.....yeah I know I do not play enough.

Of course, even had a thread dedicated to it before it launched :D

Planned years ago to roll a Barb and did so. Hit 60 a while ago and I'm currently farming Belial runs in ACT II inferno.

Enjoying the difficulty of end game. You guys still playing/enjoying?

Planned years ago to roll a Barb and did so. Hit 60 a while ago and I'm currently farming Belial runs in ACT II inferno.

Both of my sons hit 60. I stopped playing....we have two accounts and My oldest son was playing on my account and well, that just does not work, you can create two different characters and all, but for some reason they decided you would have to share money and bank space, so I backed out until he is done.

Think Champion packs are kind of too hard. Playing a level 58 monk and sometimes you just run into stupid stuff and thank random deities that you didn't roll a hardcore character.

Like waller/firechain/arcane combo, or molten/fast/xxxx - I enjoy the boss encounters as they are pretty decently designed and beatable if you're not playing like a tool, but seems like rng determines too much on champion packs. Also, I think auction house is kinda lame, since it's way too easy to get good gear by farming gold.

Think Champion packs are kind of too hard. Playing a level 58 monk and sometimes you just run into stupid stuff and thank random deities that you didn't roll a hardcore character.

Like waller/firechain/arcane combo, or molten/fast/xxxx - I enjoy the boss encounters as they are pretty decently designed and beatable if you're not playing like a tool, but seems like rng determines too much on champion packs. Also, I think auction house is kinda lame, since it's way too easy to get good gear by farming gold.

AH was a poor decision, especially since they eliminated custom games. Actually, Battle.net 2.0 is a huge failure overall.

As for the champ packs, wait until you get to inferno and see something like Plague/Frozen/Jailer/Invulnerable Minions spawned on mobs with a natural speed boost or knockback.

Like previous Diablo games, characters are very gear dependent, especially later in Hell and definitely in Inferno. You can get through most of the game with no resists, but it starts to catch up with you in Hell. I had a somewhat rough time on my Barb simply because I was more interested in progression than farming for gear. Once you hit inferno that changes completely, because it is literally impossible to begin Act II without getting super geared from Act I.

Once you're capable of farming Skeleton King on inferno, you're still likely going to get one or two-shot from WHITE mobs just outside town in Act II. Lots of people have been complaining about this and it frustrated me at first, but it's been a lot of fun gathering a good enough gear set to tackle tougher acts. The difficulty difference from my gear when I first killed Butcher to when I first killed Belial was huge. I can now get five stacks of Valor from champ/elite packs in Act II inferno without much trouble.

All classes do have some rare spawns that will be nearly impossible, but that's OK with me. They intentionally designed champ/elite packs to be more challenging than bosses simply because bosses are meant to be defeated for storyline and game completion. Having the gear to survive Act IV inferno packs is a different and more interesting challenge :)

I just hit lvl 60 on my Barbarian, about halfway through act 1 inferno right now. Moose, I have heard that Act II is ridiculous, especially for Barbarian so I'm a bit worried about that but I have no problem farming since I'm waiting for some friends to catch up to my level anyway.

If anyone wants to group up sometime, add me: thetom82@gmail.com

I just hit lvl 60 on my Barbarian, about halfway through act 1 inferno right now. Moose, I have heard that Act II is ridiculous, especially for Barbarian so I'm a bit worried about that but I have no problem farming since I'm waiting for some friends to catch up to my level anyway.

If anyone wants to group up sometime, add me: thetom82@gmail.com

There is a HUGE difference between doing Butcher runs and even the very beginning of Act II. In fact, the white flying bugs outside the town hit harder than Butcher does...

Absolute key for Act II is stacking resists as its basically the only way to survive elite packs. Make sure to use War Cry with resist rune and try to get to around 600-700 (or higher) to all resists (with the buff applied). You'll notice a huge difference at that point. Otherwise, try to get at least 35k HP (40k is better) and you should basically be able to take on ANY content in Act I before moving to Act II. By that I mean you should not really have to skip any elite packs and you can kill Butcher without having to dodge his attacks.

I've mostly been using a shield with a somewhat defensive build, but I keep WoTB to blow on elite packs. Has worked very well.

I'm still farming Butcher runs for gold sometimes, would be down to do a few with you if you're ever on/interested.

There is a HUGE difference between doing Butcher runs and even the very beginning of Act II. In fact, the white flying bugs outside the town hit harder than Butcher does...

Absolute key for Act II is stacking resists as its basically the only way to survive elite packs. Make sure to use War Cry with resist rune and try to get to around 600-700 (or higher) to all resists (with the buff applied). You'll notice a huge difference at that point. Otherwise, try to get at least 35k HP (40k is better) and you should basically be able to take on ANY content in Act I before moving to Act II. By that I mean you should not really have to skip any elite packs and you can kill Butcher without having to dodge his attacks.

I've mostly been using a shield with a somewhat defensive build, but I keep WoTB to blow on elite packs. Has worked very well.

I'm still farming Butcher runs for gold sometimes, would be down to do a few with you if you're ever on/interested.

Absolutely, send me a friend request.

Whenever the stupid servers come back up, that is.

Sooo I finally got past act 1 inferno...only to be annihilated by the first regular mob in act 2

Sooo I finally got past act 1 inferno...only to be annihilated by the first regular mob in act 2

haha yep, that's how it goes. Act I is actually very easy and forgiving, but Act II is a massive step up in difficulty (especially incoming damage). Pretty much need 600+ all resists with shout, 8000 armor with enchantress buff, 38k+ hp, and 10k+ dps to get through it ... and that's the bare minimum, because it will still be brutally hard.

Got tired of how ineffective my Barb was when playing coop inferno. Works fine solo, was nearly ready for Act III but I just got tired of getting 2-shot by everything in Act II in a 3-player game, and being forced to kite as melee. Selling off all my gear and switching to a WD. In order to do Act 3/4 farming efficiently, Barb's need to spend close to 50m on gear whereas the 15m I have can basically get a WD into the same content ...

Still enjoying the game, but it's not quite the same as D2 obviously :(

Lame....I've been reading similar things on the diablo forums about how handicapped barbs are in inferno. I've got the health and dps but my resists aren't high enough. I also haven't been using the enchantress so I guess I'll have to use her to get whatever buff you're talking about.

Lame....I've been reading similar things on the diablo forums about how handicapped barbs are in inferno. I've got the health and dps but my resists aren't high enough. I also haven't been using the enchantress so I guess I'll have to use her to get whatever buff you're talking about.

Yeh, she is absolutely vital because she provides a 15% armor buff (!). As well, her mind control is pretty useful because it works on bosses and elites.

I still really enjoy the Barb playstyle, although I wish I could build more offensively and still succeed in Inferno. However, what I hate is that Barbs are yet again so insanely gear dependent. It's not that Barb's can't succeed in Inferno, because there are some who have killed Diablo with 5 stacks ... but those who have are generally wearing gear that has a collective value of 50-100 million gold. It's not that Barb's aren't viable, you just need to spend a lot more gold as melee than ranged do.

Ranged still suffer from problems because most of the times it's better to stack nothing but damage. My WD will likely have less than 20k HP because I'm aiming for 60k+ DPS ... the point is to use invuln CDs and burst things down before they touch you. Everything 1-shot kills ranged, even if they build defensively.

The problem for Barbs is that the most viable way to succeed is to stack damage reduction/mitigation items. You want to try and get close to 50% block, a 15%+ melee damage reduction String of Ears, Stormshield with 30%+ block, etc. However, many of these items don't have any All Resists, so you then need to spend millions to get 70+ All Resist in every slot that you can while ensuring that you have a good enough weapon to offset the massive DPS loss that comes with transitioning to this gear.

I've usually welcomed the challenge of playing the most gear dependent classes, but this time around I just don't care to have to farm that much gold for my first char to beat Inferno. I'm just going to dump 15-25m into a WD and then mad farm Act 3/4... if I ever want to restart my Barb, I can just feed him gold/gear with the WD in late Inferno. Otherwise, I'd be stuck in Act II until I gathered another 20mish gold.

This problem is made even worse in coop games past Act I. Ranged classes can work together and kite, which is basically how they'd play solo. Barbs go from being able to somewhat tank mobs (solo) to get 2-3 shot by elites in a coop game. You basically need to significantly outgear the content you're clearing in order to have any chance at coop.

Oh and I'll prob be doing some Act I farming again this week while I work out some build decisions and test gear on my WD. Anyone interested in 30 minute 5-stack Butcher runs on Inferno can add me wrblz#1970

Goblin farm act II Ancient Path way point in a 4 man skype group. Seems by far to be the most efficient way to make millions in gold.

Yep, that works well too. Unfortunately, I rarely have more than 1 other friend online at a time.

Been farming inferno ponies and Act III recently, a fun challenge over faceroll Butcher runs.

But, I'm seriously tired of Blizzard as a company. While it used to release premium games at will, the company has been in a perpetual nosedive since the release of Burning Crusade.

All the bullshit about online-only functioning to protect the game from hacks, cheats, duping, and exploits is downright comical after the massive gold duping bug was revealed yesterday. Some players have accumulated over 1 billion gold, effectively destroying the economy.

So many bad design decisions, so many amazing D2 features inexplicably left out. I'll likely keep playing for a while because I waited YEARS for this game and want my fill ...

But I have a feeling I'll be moving on next month when Torchlight II, the true successor to Diablo II, releases.

For anyone who might be interested in late inferno content, Witch Doctors, or the game in general - I'm going to starting streaming Diablo III.

http://www.twitch.tv/wrblz

Should be up most evenings, still optimizing the quality and settings though.

Picked it up about a week ago. Level 28 Monk. Still in Act 3 Normal. First time Diablo player. Still figuring out the game. I can't figure out if and extra 30 DPS are better to have than 450 HP? My resistances are crap right now but its still early to worry about it. I'm trying to get my HP and DPS up and worry about resist later.

Back