Appalachian Trail -Thru Hike

I went on a 7 day trip in Northern Georgia and the Smokies.
I hiked over 35 miles, camped two nights on top of a couple of mountains. The Appalachian Trail is amazing. I stayed one night at a hostel call the Green Dragon and the owners are were just tremendous. My first two days hiking I had 10 pounds too much in my pack. So I did a shake down and got it below 30 pounds. I learned a lot about myself and realize this is what I want to do still. I want to keep training and then a few years down the road I will attempt to thru hike the AT. The people are amazing on the trail and made a friend or two and some of them are from Florida right down the road from me. It’s nice to make friends with total strangers but at the end of the day we all have a lot in common. We all enjoy the culture, the beauty of the Appalachian trail.

Since this was my only vacation of the year, I did get to enjoy some really good food and the wonderful area of northern Georgia and up in Asheville, North Carolina. Someday, maybe one of those places may be my home when I retire. I want to be close to the Trail because that’s where my heart is at.

I’ll post a few pictures and enjoy.
Pig
And I told you this would be a great PP thread on FB totally forgetting it already was.

I went on a 7 day trip in Northern Georgia and the Smokies.
I hiked over 35 miles, camped two nights on top of a couple of mountains. The Appalachian Trail is amazing. I stayed one night at a hostel call the Green Dragon and the owners are were just tremendous. My first two days hiking I had 10 pounds too much in my pack. So I did a shake down and got it below 30 pounds. I learned a lot about myself and realize this is what I want to do still. I want to keep training and then a few years down the road I will attempt to thru hike the AT. The people are amazing on the trail and made a friend or two and some of them are from Florida right down the road from me. It’s nice to make friends with total strangers but at the end of the day we all have a lot in common. We all enjoy the culture, the beauty of the Appalachian trail.

Since this was my only vacation of the year, I did get to enjoy some really good food and the wonderful area of northern Georgia and up in Asheville, North Carolina. Someday, maybe one of those places may be my home when I retire. I want to be close to the Trail because that’s where my heart is at.

I’ll post a few pictures and enjoy.
Pig
Sounds awesome, man. The more you hike, the more the bug pulls you back!

Back