Are the Ravens the best team in the AFC?

I can't have an opinion for a Steelers fan strangely posting about his team (as if we care?) on a Pats board? What planet am I on here? Do you go and post on other teams' boards about the Patriots? So strange. I could see if the Pats were playing the Steelers this week or something. Plus, what did I say that was so bad? Ben looks old and broken down and they barely beat Geno Smith and a bad Seattle D at home. I don't think this is offensive.
Though I do agree, I think big Ben is past his day, however I still think he can play decent enough to take the team to the playoffs. But with that said, it’s super normal to have opposing team fan base on other forums. On the Indianapolis Colts board, we have quite a few Titans and quite a few patriots fans that post regular on there.

On Talk Sox There are quite a few New York Yankees fans and we even have a St. Louis Cardinals fan that post regular, and they are all very good people. I don’t really see anything wrong with opposing fan bases as long as they keep it respectable

Though I do agree, I think big Ben is past his day, however I still think he can play decent enough to take the team to the playoffs. But with that said, it’s super normal to have opposing team fan base on other forums. On the Indianapolis Colts board, we have quite a few Titans and quite a few patriots fans that post regular on there.

On Talk Sox There are quite a few New York Yankees fans and we even have a St. Louis Cardinals fan that post regular, and they are all very good people. I don’t really see anything wrong with opposing fan bases as long as they keep it respectable
It's weird and obsessive. This is like me going onto some Phish board and talking about hip hop acting like that's the place to do it.

It's weird and obsessive. This is like me going onto some Phish board and talking about hip hop acting like that's the place to do it.
Except at the end of the day we’re all sports fans. It usually starts with signing up here when the opposing team plays them like I did. You meet some cool people and become a regular

Again, I fail to see what is so wrong with that but to each their own.

We even have some Calgary Flames fans on the Oilers board….. as gross as it is…. We accept them.

Except at the end of the day we’re all sports fans. It usually starts with signing up here when the opposing team plays them like I did. You meet some cool people and become a regular

Again, I fail to see what is so wrong with that but to each their own.

We even have some Calgary Flames fans on the Oilers board….. as gross as it is…. We accept them.
Now I am just thoroughly confused. You're a Colts, Oilers and Red Sox fan? How does that happen exactly?

Some of the best posters on this forum have been rival fans. I enjoy their presence here even if we go at it at times. Lol

Yup. Canadian

We don’t have an NFL team. Sox because my grandpa loved them so naturally watch

Oilers because I am. Hope that clears it up
So you picked the Colts? Ugh. So odd. Why wouldn't you pick the Seahawks who are least somewhat driveable to see?

So you picked the Colts? Ugh. So odd. Why wouldn't you pick the Seahawks who are least somewhat driveable to see?
? Does it matter. Because I loved Peyton Manning. They were entertaining and I liked them. Been watching Indy for 18 years.

? Does it matter. Because I loved Peyton Manning. They were entertaining and I liked them. Been watching Indy for 18 years.
Ok, fair enough. Look, I know a lot of people don't have the Boston upbringing or any pro sports town tradition by living in different parts of N. America or the world, etc. It's just hard to relate to is all.

I will say, my first 2 Bruins games ever were the Flames and Oilers. The latter, Gretzky was hurt so I never saw him play in that game. This was early/mid 80s. Arguably the best of the NHL dynasties. It's hard to separate the Canadiens, Islanders and Oilers dynasties.

Ok, fair enough. Look, I know a lot of people don't have the Boston upbringing or any pro sports town tradition by living in different parts of N. America or the world, etc. It's just hard to relate to is all.

I will say, my first 2 Bruins games ever were the Flames and Oilers. The latter, Gretzky was hurt so I never saw him play in that game. This was early/mid 80s. Arguably the best of the NHL dynasties. It's hard to separate the Canadiens, Islanders and Oilers dynasties.
That’s fair we have to adjust being Canadian. I know it’s weird because I should be a Jays fan and I do have a soft spot for them but grew up with the Sox so that’s who I love.

I don’t like the CFL lol.

I have always loved the Oilers. I was 3 when they won’t their last cup in 1990 hahaha. Never got the chance to see Gretzky live. I also have a soft spot for the Senators but I feel like they will fold their team any day because they have zero fan support

That’s fair we have to adjust being Canadian. I know it’s weird because I should be a Jays fan and I do have a soft spot for them but grew up with the Sox so that’s who I love.

I don’t like the CFL lol.

I have always loved the Oilers. I was 3 when they won’t their last cup in 1990 hahaha. Never got the chance to see Gretzky live. I also have a soft spot for the Senators but I feel like they will fold their team any day because they have zero fan support
I agree about the CFL. I don't like the field and it's really just a minor league version of the NFL. It's not meant to be a knock, it just is what it is. I feel like I am watching minor league baseball or hockey.

Yeah, that '90 thing killed me. You have no idea. I was in 8th grade and I really thought without Gretzky the B's had a chance, and they did. That Game 1 loss in OT rocked them and they never really recovered. Sucks to admit, but that was the best team they had in my lifetime (pre 2011), certainly better than '83 and '88. They made a couple of in season acquisitions (Propp was one) and it looked legit. You wouldn't have remembered it, but that was a legit look for the Bruins that year. Ranford ended up with a horseshoe up his ass a bit and that was it. Sometimes that can happen where the team feels it destiny when things unfold early in a series.

Saw some early era Senators games at the old Garden back in '91 and '92. There's a famous goal from Neely where he spins around near the top left faceoff circle and roasts a backhand past Darren Madelely (goalie who never made it), and we had seats right in front of it like 2nd row. It was a sweet goal. Other than that, I have little Senators memories as a Bruins fan.

I agree about the CFL. I don't like the field and it's really just a minor league version of the NFL. It's not meant to be a knock, it just is what it is. I feel like I am watching minor league baseball or hockey.

Yeah, that '90 thing killed me. You have no idea. I was in 8th grade and I really thought without Gretzky the B's had a chance, and they did. That Game 1 loss in OT rocked them and they never really recovered. Sucks to admit, but that was the best team they had in my lifetime (pre 2011), certainly better than '83 and '88. They made a couple of in season acquisitions (Propp was one) and it looked legit. You wouldn't have remembered it, but that was a legit look for the Bruins that year. Ranford ended up with a horseshoe up his ass a bit and that was it. Sometimes that can happen where the team feels it destiny when things unfold early in a series.

Saw some early era Senators games at the old Garden back in '91 and '92. There's a famous goal from Neely where he spins around near the top left faceoff circle and roasts a backhand past Darren Madelely (goalie who never made it), and we had seats right in front of it like 2nd row. It was a sweet goal. Other than that, I have little Senators memories as a Bruins fan.
Man it sounds like you have some incredible memories. My only memories from the 90s are highlight games on YouTube lol. I have watched the 84, 85, 87, 88 and 90’s series. Oilers were a special team but you’re right. The Bruins were too. I think if they had anyone else the would have won. Lucky for you the Bruins beat the Canucks which I absolutely loved. I can’t stand the Canucks. Bruins always have a very solid team. I was rooting for them agaisnt St Louis as well. Oilers haven’t given me anything to cheer about lately other than a couple playoff appearances in the last 15 years lol. Last year was embarrassing with being swept

And I completely agree with CFL. 9 teams it’s pathetic. I can’t get into it at all. Winnipeg is a lock to win it all this year anyway. It’s just boring. Nobody can compete with them. Riders are terrible this year.

Man it sounds like you have some incredible memories. My only memories from the 90s are highlight games on YouTube lol. I have watched the 84, 85, 87, 88 and 90’s series. Oilers were a special team but you’re right. The Bruins were too. I think if they had anyone else the would have won. Lucky for you the Bruins beat the Canucks which I absolutely loved. I can’t stand the Canucks. Bruins always have a very solid team. I was rooting for them agaisnt St Louis as well. Oilers haven’t given me anything to cheer about lately other than a couple playoff appearances in the last 15 years lol. Last year was embarrassing with being swept

And I completely agree with CFL. 9 teams it’s pathetic. I can’t get into it at all. Winnipeg is a lock to win it all this year anyway. It’s just boring. Nobody can compete with them. Riders are terrible this year.

View: https://youtu.be/FaSKD1Bd11M

Look, we play the Ravens 2 times a year...sometimes 3. I gave Lamar kudos, he played well.
Happy we don't see that team until december.

I assume we'll be ready by then...

Look, we play the Ravens 2 times a year...sometimes 3. I gave Lamar kudos, he played well.
Happy we don't see that team until december.

I assume we'll be ready by then...
No matter how good or bad the Steelers and Ravens are , they always seem to play tight competitive games. I trust this year would be no different

Back