Are the Ravens the best team in the AFC?

It seems that way. Packers, Cowboys, Bucs and Cards are arguably better than any AFC team right now. We'll see down the stretch if it holds true, though.
Rams too.

It seems that way. Packers, Cowboys, Bucs and Cards are arguably better than any AFC team right now. We'll see down the stretch if it holds true, though.
I think the Cardinals feel like one of those paper tiger teams to me.

I figure the NFC will shake out, and while there are 5 0 to 1 loss teams over there there is also a lot of bad teams. If the playoffs started today either the Vikings (3-3) or the Falcons (3-3) would be the final wild card, there are an awful lot of 2-5 teams (the entire NFC East other than Dallas for example).

The AFC top teams have kind of smacked each other around a bit. I would not be surprised to see a battle hardened AFC team with 4 or 5 losses knock off an NFC team with 2 losses in the Superbowl.

Man, you can be so obtuse it is amazing. I started the thread as a way to discuss the AFC contenders for the season hence the question mark in the thread title. The Ravens might be the team I can't stand the most in the AFC right along with the Steelers and Colts BUT unlike you, I can appreciate when teams are good and performing well. The AFC is stacked with a ton of 2 loss teams with the Bengals right now looking the part as the best team. I expect that to change after next weekend and the rest of the season. This thread is a way to discuss the AFC.

Please try to calm down just a bit and have a normal football discussion.
You're using far too many big words for that guy.

You know you've won an argument when the other person resorts to responding with memes only. 😂 outdated memes from 2010 at that.

To engage in the argument is to have already lost.
What's the "argument" though? She proclaimed the Ravens as the best in the AFC last week and they got bludgeoned at home allowing 41 points. This is the same person that refused to acknowledge Mac Jones outplayed Brady proving that it wasn't all Brady. If it was, Brady would have easily outplayed Mac Jones and TB would have destroyed the Pats. NE outplayed both TB and Dallas, two of the NFC's best.

So, wouldn't it be easier if the person had a little humility and come forward saying how silly it is to pretend there is any one "best" team in the NFL these days?

It's not an argument at all. It's admitting you jumped the guy crowning an AFC team as "the best" when they essentially lost to the Lions 3 weeks ago.

Yet you keep responding, weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. I stopped. So dumb. Why not just admit the truth? There is no ONE team that is on a pedestal in this league. There just isn't. Our own team went toe to toe with 2 of the better in the NFC. That sort of proves it.

I am finding the AFC to be so enjoyable this year. Things feel wide open with no clear cut dominant team. One week it was the Bills, then the Chargers, then the Ravens and now the Bengals. Of course the Chiefs imploding has been the best part by far. LOL

This is a pretty strong year for the AFC. The top teams are pretty formidable - the Ravens, Bills, Bengals & Titans are all very sound on both sides of the ball. The Raiders & Chargers are both strong contenders.

People are writing off KC & Cleveland, but it's a long season. I'd still expect KC to be in the mix at the end.

I'm curious about the Pats/Chargers game. It's hard to put too much on NE's win over the Jets, impressive as it was - but if they get a win this Sunday, they'll be right there w/ everyone else.

This is a pretty strong year for the AFC. The top teams are pretty formidable - the Ravens, Bills, Bengals & Titans are all very sound on both sides of the ball. The Raiders & Chargers are both strong contenders.

People are writing off KC & Cleveland, but it's a long season. I'd still expect KC to be in the mix at the end.

I'm curious about the Pats/Chargers game. It's hard to put too much on NE's win over the Jets, impressive as it was - but if they get a win this Sunday, they'll be right there w/ everyone else.
I agree. Extremely pivotal game. A win and the Pats are in the mix for the post-season. A loss and the focus becomes more about the offseason.

I agree. Extremely pivotal game. A win and the Pats are in the mix for the post-season. A loss and the focus becomes more about the offseason.
I don't think this one game is that drastic of a determinor, but a win here would definitely be something to perhaps inspire more optimism from out resident Eyoree's.

I don't think this one game is that drastic of a determinor, but a win here would definitely be something to perhaps inspire more optimism from out resident Eyoree's.
Like many situations the Patriots find themselves in these days, they can't really be credited no matter what happens. The very same people who say a loss is a loss and refuse to acknowledge that they went toe to toe with the Bucs and the Cowboys say the Jets win didn't count because it was against the Jets. So, on the one hand, the quality of opponent didn't matter, but on the other hand, it meant everything. Hypocrites...

I think it's the game of the year because they need to beat a good team and show that they can play well for 60 mins in all 3 phases, not only on the road, but against an AFC playoff contender.

To me, it's an enormous game, because if you look at the schedule, they can reel off 4 or 5 in a row here. And, I am not afraid of Buffalo either. Winning vs the Chargers could be a springboard for the rest of the year.

Back