Are we only one year away from a good secondary?

Stevo

Reaction score
Seriously though

Meriweather - He has really, really filled Rodney's shoes well, more and more he seems like he may actually be an upgrade over Rodney. He's calling schemes well, he seems to be doing fairly well in coverage, and he's fast as hell.

Whilhite- Played very well in the last two games,

Wheately - was doing alright before the injury, will probably battle with Whilhite for the starting job next year

Hobbs - what can I say, Hobbs should not be a #1 corner, but he's a serviceable number 2, and an exceptional nickel. If Whilhite or Wheately step up next year we can move hobbs back to #2 and have a pretty good secondary again.

Who's with me?!

Don't forget Sanders & Sanders, attorneys at law.

I think we're one stud corner away from being a pretty decent secondary.

They also made some nice LB finds (Mayo, Guyton). If Adalius comes back strong, with one good LB addition (FA vet or draftee) they'll be in good shape.

D-line is already solid.

Brandon has also successfully worked on his hands and hopefully continues to. He still has a ways to go to take over for Rodney but he shows amazing promise.

I agree for the most part with the rest but don't want to count on Wheatley being healthy as that has been an issue for him throughout his college days too. I REALLY like the progress Wilhite has made and am so glad he FINALLY got the start over Oneal.

These guys need a healthy LB corps to be effective as well so here's hoping GUyton and Mayo and the vets continue to solidify as well

I agree for the most part with the rest but don't want to count on Wheatley being healthy as that has been an issue for him throughout his college days too.

Yeah, but IIRC that was one wrist and this injury was the other, so it's not like it's the same problem reoccurring (although it certainly doesn't bode well for him... maybe the kid should play with wrist braces or something...)

if we get a sick pass rush, the secondary will look like all pro's.

I called this secondary a "Work in Progress" early in the season. Reason being that we have ALOT of youth in there and it was apparent that they were very green. As the season has progressed, they have shown some signs of improvement.

That said, Asomugha(sp?) should be in our sights this offseason.

Back