I love art, especially that from the Renaissance, with Michelangelo's being my favorite. What I would give to have been an assistant to him, moving the scaffolding and cleaning his brushes while he accomplished this stunning, wondrous work:

Renaissance art was great on principle especially the depictions of man as opposed to the wretched creatures depicted in the dark ages.

Art is a philosophic reflection of a culture. So just look at the art and track it backward ideologically to see where a culture stands.

The Renaissance stood for human greatness, goodness, kindness, and benevolence through mostly atheist or deistic thought. Running from the tyranny of religion in the Dark Ages. Those ideas set the world free and created the US.

Be that!!!!

Michaelangelo's David is the most perfect depiction of a man I have ever seen. True brilliance stemming from a beautiful world of thought.

michelangelos-statue-of-david[1].jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Renaissance art was great on principle especially the depictions of man as opposed to the wretched creatures depicted in the dark ages.

Art is a philosophic reflection of a culture. So just look at the art and track it backward ideologically to see where a culture stands.

The Renaissance stood for human greatness, goodness, kindness, and benevolence through mostly atheist or deistic thought. Running from the tyranny of religion in the Dark Ages. Those ideas set the world free and created the US.

Be that!!!!

Michaelangelo's David is the most perfect depiction of a man I have ever seen. True brilliance stemming from a beautiful world of thought.

View attachment 1812
Indeed, Standing before him. walking around him was personally my greatest memory from Firenze.

Back