Assclownism at its best

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Random observations: a TV diary for opening night

sonsofkraftybob said:
So in short, I enjoyed the thread and I bet other season ticket holders did too!

I also enjoyed Hawg’s running journal very much. You are 100 % correct that it is great to get a view from someone that watches the game on TV. Hawg seems to be one of the more knowledgeable football fans around these parts, which makes it that much better. I am going to try to keep a running journal for this Sunday’s game and if I really think it is good stuff, I will post it.

And for 3:16, I have been ignoring all of your post until today. Why are you still here, anyways? Your act is old and you are unwanted by most? I will continue to ignore in the hope that you go away.

sonsofkraftybob said:
So in short, I enjoyed the thread and I bet other season ticket holders did too!
Some non-season ticket holders liked it as well.
:thumb:

The sad thing, is that I really suspect this was just another failed attempt at humor by Bru 3:16 (similar to his collar up schtick), either that or he's just being an a-hole again. He still doesn't get it, and I'm starting to think that maybe he never will.

PS: I hate to judge or lecture anyone, as I'm far from perfect (I know, it's hard to believe :D ), and I've made some attempts at humor a few times that didn't quite work out, but (hopefully) I don't keep making the same mistake over and over again.
________
volcano digital vaporizer

the guy is pissed that his friend was banned... I'd rather people weren't banned, but I don't mean to open that can of worms...

anyway, I was watching the Pats game highlights on demand and realized the what's-his-name, number 90, was blocking on what's-his-name's second touchdown. I think I had dozed off at that point.

I must admit that I find John Madden irritating, although as a matter of principle I prefer not to complain about the announcers (it gets kind of boring). this monday night, I couldn't get over how he wasn't commenting at all on whether it made sense for the Falcons to forgo a field goal try that would have put them up by 10 points, and then finally Al Michaels tried to bring it up - the topic that I think most fans were wondering about, while Madden was babbling about something else.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Random observations: a TV diary for opening night

dchester said:
PS: I hate to judge or lecture anyone, as I'm far from perfect (I know, it's hard to believe :D ), and I've made some attempts at humor a few times that didn't quite work out, but (hopefully) I don't keep making the same mistake over and over again.

He is getting attention, which is probably exactly why he does what he does, but Annihilus wanted to comment on what you said.

d, regardless of whether or not your 'attempts' at humor were actually funny or not is really beside the point. Most of us that hang out here often try to be funny and fall short of the goal, but the fun part of it is that almost everyone here eventually feels comfortable enough with the crowd that they don't feel threatened by throwing stuff against the wall to see if it will stick.

But.....you're not mean.

It's one thing for a troll to sideswipe one of us, and is actually pretty normal and sometimes even expected. What we don't expect is for one of our own to ride up and attempt to count coup on us (that's: attempt). It's just rude and uncalled for.

It's the mean-spiritedness of this whole affair that probably has gotten to a lot of us. It's not just the opinion of one person that has seen this, it's a whole lot of people. The good thing is that we don't have to put up with it. This community governs itself for the most part, and it's usually pretty easy to see what most people want to get out of it.

Annihilus is pretty sure that 'someone' will see this as so much crying. Whatever. If Annihilus offends....he surely hopes people will tell him so he'll be more aware.

KenJr30 said:
Just wait until the Pats play on a Sunday night. It is gawd awful of the pain I went through listening to him and Theismann this past Sunday.

:banghead:

They're really at their very worst when announcing a Falcons game, though. Listening to them slobbering on Vick is about as relaxing as a trip to the dentist.

Although their commentary on Manning and Lewis Sunday night wasn't too far off from their usual coverage of Vick. There was a game last year where MacGuire wouldn't shut up about Jamal Lewis's legs.....makes you wish they were video game characters that you could give a right cross.

dchester said:

PS: I hate to judge or lecture anyone, as I'm far from perfect....

yeah, yeah, we know.....you're not a machine.....

:blah:

First off, let me apologize.

Not to 3:16, but to people that may be tired of negativity. I don't enjoy telling people to fuck off even when they have it coming and would prefer it if people just contributed to the forum in their own way and let the chips fall.

Problem is that every once in a while we get a nitwit in here that likes to jack himself off at the expense of others.

I haven't cared for the general tone of this particular nitwit's posts for quite a while and have watched him squabble with a number of people leading up to collargate which was a minor pain in the ass to deal with.

The fact that we have a Pittsburgh troll hanging out lately that knows all about his schtick should tell us all something.

I seldom jumped in on the arguments and let him do his peculiar little sidewalk act. I don't really don't know the whys, but I know the act well.

It isn't the fact that he doesn't like my posts (or the attention) that annoyed me, I couldn't care less what he thinks, but ratjer the fact that he doesn't seem to like anything that anyone here posts and has grown increasingly more insulting, tiresome and predictable.

I appreciate the nice words from everyone that commented. I doubt everyone here likes the stuff I do, but some seem to and would ask the ones that don't to simply skip it in the future. It's that simple, really.

All I'm really doing is giving an opinion on a football forum, which as It's_Good pointed out is far better than standing on a street corner screaming your opinions at passing cars.

I realized that taking notes about a football game could easily put me up for criticism from somebody like him before I made the post, but I'm not planning on changing anything I do here because I'm worried that some jackass with an attitude might flame me.

Undertaker #59 said:
I am much closer today then I was yesterday to making that new "Assclown" membership level. If all someone is going to contribute is garbage, then to a garbage forum you will go.

If its needed, it will be done later today.

I think you are being way too hard on yourself, 'Taker. Not everything you write is garbage. :)

sonsofkraftybob said:
I am certainly not one to play follow the leader and jump on an easy gangraping target such as this.....and I will not.....but I would like to shed some insight on why Hawgs diary isn't all that "pathetic" as B316 put it.

BTW, B316, why would you F with the guys thread like that in the 1st place? Makes no sense. MB Etiquette requires that (1) if you have a persoanl problem with someone.....settle it via PM. (2) If you feel the need to flat out insult a threadstarter re: the thread then you just ignore it. (3) If you disagree with the points in a thread then respond in the thread and givce your counterpoints with a little smack mixed in.

I have no problem with little Hawgie whatsoever. Is there no room in America today for dissenting opinions? Must we all follow the leader and act as lemmings? I found Hawg's thread "lame". As a matter of fact, my initial response wasn't an attack. Hawg asked me to expand on it and I did. You see, differing opinions makes a message board like this non-boring. To be honest, Hawg, I really don't give a crap what you think of me, I have no problem with you except that you are a bit hypersensitive.

Bruschi 3:16 said:
I found Hawg's thread "lame". As a matter of fact, my initial response wasn't an attack. Hawg asked me to expand on it and I did. You see, differing opinions makes a message board like this non-boring.
It's all clear to me now, like Reggie Jackson......

Bruschi 3:16 = The Straw That Stirs The Planet Drink

Your initial response, bru316, was LAME.

If you don't like a topic and think it is lame do not respond. This is far different than just a dissenting opinion. If you have a dissenting opinion, maybe you should express it. Your response was useless.

If you continue with lame responses like that and hijacking threads, you will be an assclown in truth.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Random observations: a TV diary for opening night

RoadGrader said:
It's all clear to me now, like Reggie Jackson......

Bruschi 3:16 = The Straw That Stirs The Planet Drink

We got BINGO, RG.

So, it looks like it's the old "dissent is good" theme. As if that is a big issue here.

I think instead of a little healthy anarchy, that what 3:16 is doing is little more than spanking his frank at the forum's expense and people are pretty well aware of it. Even people that visit the place seldom can see that.

I think that after a while people can pretty much tell what you're about by what you bring to the table.

You don't have to fit in to be a member here, but you don't have to act like an asshole, either.

I'd say his little fun will soon be over.

Undertaker #59 said:
Your initial response, bru316, was LAME.

If you don't like a topic and think it is lame do not respond.

So let me get this straight, I can post if:

1.) It adds a positive contribution
2.) As long as I dont have a negative opinion about the topic.

Just trying to keep up with your hypocritically floating scale.

Posing a ":rolleyes:" is hijacking a thread? LOL!!

You really have reading comprehension skills. I am just about done with you.

Undertaker #59 said:
You really have reading comprehension skills. I am just about done with you.

I'm just pointing out some of your other points. Curious why visiting fans can run their mouths at will, and you and Hawgie get your mighty tighty whities in a bunch by what I write. Before you ban me, i'd like to know why.

No, you are intentionally misinterpreting my points. Go back and read. I'm not going to spell it all out again.

Maybe someone else will for you since you can't seem to understand.

Undertaker #59 said:
No, you are intentionally misinterpreting my points. Go back and read. I'm not going to spell it all out again.

Maybe someone else will for you since you can't seem to understand.

No, I'm simply quoting what you've told me in the past. Maybe you could try some memory enhancement, 'Taker...

Hawg73 said:

Not sure where you were going with the "joke" since your sentence kind of fell apart there, but the post was 95% about football with an occasional remark about other crap.

You want to focus on the 5% then feel free. It's a free planet.

I should point out that 95% of your posts are comprised of you griping because you scraped your vagina during one of your frequent cries for negative attention.

I'll take your word on that, muffin, since it sounds like you're the voice of experience on that score.

Thank you for the kind wishes. It's gratifying to know that such a top-notch member here is so supportive.

The movie will come out the same day that I start giving a shit about your opinon, which unless I miss my guess, is becoming just about as valued around here as Enron stock or the career of Ricky Martin.

Nice job being the "voice of the people", Corky. [/B]

:LOL: :LOL:

and in all seriousness I actually like to read about people's takes on things...It actually helps to see where a person is comming from with his words...good post bro :thumb:

sonsofkraftybob said:
I am certainly not one to play follow the leader and jump on an easy gangraping target such as this.....and I will not.....but I would like to shed some insight on why Hawgs diary isn't all that "pathetic" as B316 put it.

BTW, B316, why would you F with the guys thread like that in the 1st place? Makes no sense. MB Etiquette requires that (1) if you have a persoanl problem with someone.....settle it via PM. (2) If you feel the need to flat out insult a threadstarter re: the thread then you just ignore it. (3) If you disagree with the points in a thread then respond in the thread and givce your counterpoints with a little smack mixed in.

As for Hawgies thread....I actually enjoyed it...I may not have commented but I liked it and learned a little something. See, some of us didn't watch the game on tv. I, in particular was at the game and I am ALWAYS curious as to how things play out on tv. What fans do during commercials. What they eat, drink, think, yell, say, scream, opinions and basically and overall nother viewpoint. Shit, I have only seen the Pats play in Foxboro on TV 2X in 12 years!!!!!

Im sorry i actually just go out of my way to attack him...A) he never has any good points B) he does act like "Corky" C) I just cant stand him. So i guess his assclowness rubs off on me :p

LVent said:
Im sorry i actually just go out of my way to attack him...A) he never has any good points B) he does act like "Corky" C) I just cant stand him. So i guess his assclowness rubs off on me :p

So, LVent, if I asked you go out for a soda, you'd probably say 'no'? Thanks in advance, that would have been embarrassing...

:jerkit:

Back