Assuming Victory, pick your poison

Assuming victory, who do you want to face next?

• Baltimore

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • Indy

Votes: 20 50.0%

• Total voters

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
Assuming the Pats get by the Chargers (and let's not turn this into a forum about whether they will do that, there's plenty of other places to discuss that), who do you want to win the Saturday AFC game. I am not clear on which team I think would be a better match-up for the Pats. My default position is to root against Horse Face, and I think I will go to Baltimore but not Indy (easy train ride to Baltimore and I detest domes), so that favors rooting for Baltimore. But I'm not sure what the better match-up is for the Pats and am interested in the views of others on this.

Couple of things:

the poll is very confusing for me, since when I see the choice "baltimore", I think "colts".

I am really, truly sick of the colts. really, literally bored of those games. I would really really like to see some kind of new matchup. I know next to nothing about the Ravens. That's why I picked "baltimore" (as in the Ravens, not colts).

I would rather play Baltimore for the sole reason the the Colts have lit us up the last 2 times we played them.

With baltimore, our defenses cancel each other out and if you make me choose between McNair and Brady....though it's real close of a call......NOT....thenI go with brady.

Ditto both Thomas and SOKB. Both good reasons.

Ditto the aforementioned.

But it doesn't really matter.

I voted Colts. Ravens are a better team and would be tougher to beat IMO. Baltimore will win against the Colts though.

Anyway it doesn´t really matter since there is no chance in h€ll the Pats will win on Sunday (karma).

Annihilus on 01-10-2007 at 10:47 AM said:
Ditto the aforementioned.

But it doesn't really matter.
Why doesn't analyzing who would be a better match-up for the Pats matter?

I know that you don't need a rooting interest to enjoy an NFL game, but I naturally ending up pulling for one team over the other to some extent, and I expect that I'll do that on Saturday. The only reasons I can think of to root for or against either of these teams is that one or the other would be a better opponent for the Pats and pure unadulterated hatred for one or the other.

I say the Colts. The Ravens are physical and although the Pats can match them, there will be some injuries. That could cause a problem if they go up against the Bears in the Super Bowl because they aren't going to be challenged by any physical play in the NFC. I'd take my chances on Indy.

CleatMarks on 01-10-2007 at 09:56 AM said:
That could cause a problem if they go up against the Bears in the Super Bowl

ROFL :LOL:

The Bears in the Super Bowl.....*must*....*catch*....*breath*....

Good one :thumb:

Right now, I'd have to go Baltimore. Colts, dome, Vinitieri. No sir, I don't like it.

On the one hand, it doesn't matter who we play. I'm inclined to say the Colts would be easier due to familiarity and their bad run D. However, if they've managed to beat the Ravens, obviously they're good enough to do enough things right to be a legitimate threat if we play them.

Having said that, I voted Baltimore, because there's no way I want to see Peyton Manning and Bill Polian hugging the Lombardi Trophy. (Not that the Baltimore Inmates are much better... if the Pats don't make it, I'd be rooting for the Saints, which is the NFC team I think will get through the Gauntlet of Jell-O that is the NFC playoff bracket.)

Colts in Indy

Colts fans across the country have whined in the past about the weather ( along with getting "beat up" ) in the playoff games against the Patriots.
Once and for all it would be nice to beat them on their field in the playoffs just to take that tired argument out of the equation.

Brady is undefeated in a dome too :)

The Big Lebowski on 01-10-2007 at 12:24 PM said:
Baltimore.

The Colts have started to become boring. And their fans (a precious few excluded) that come here are one trick ponies who ae also very boring. At least Baltimore would be something new.
For the record, I <strike>can turn</strike> know at least two tricks.

Back