At Least Somebody Loves the Patriots

oldbagfan

No touchy
Reaction score
OK - after all the kicks in the shins we have been taking, I'm willing to lap up the love even from the likes of PFT's Mike Florio. He has listed his midseason "bests" on his site. (This has probably already posted about 6 times - but here goes anyway)

He picks:
Best Offensive Player: Brady
Best QB: Brady
Best WR: Moss
Best O-Line: Pats
Best O comback plyr: Moss
Best LB: Vrabel
Best DB: Samuel
Best GM: Pioli
Best Trade: Moss

The complete list is here: http://www.profootballtalk.com/PFTMidseasonAwards2007.htm

Dallas Clark, best TE? Seriously?

Code:
Rank Player Team Pos Rec Yds Avg Yds/G Long TD 20+ 40+ 1st 1st% FUM 
1 Tony Gonzalez  KC  TE  52  615  11.8  76.9  26T  4  8  0  32  61.5  0  
2 Antonio Gates  SD  TE  47  649  13.8  81.1  49T  5  9  1  34  72.3  0  
3 Jason Witten  DAL  TE  45  617  13.7  77.1  53  5  8  1  29  64.4  0  
4 Kellen Winslow  CLE  TE  42  657  15.6  82.1  49  3  12  1  32  76.2  2  
5 Owen Daniels  HOU  TE  39  468  12.0  52.0  28  0  4  0  26  66.7  2  
6 Dallas Clark  IND  TE  34  403  11.9  50.4  39  6  5  0  22  64.7  0

Asante Samuel as best DB? Has he really been that good this year? I don't think so...

Moss as comeback player of the year? Does it count if the only reason you're eligible is because you decided not to try hard the previous year?

SteelerFan87 on 11-07-2007 at 11:57 AM said:
Moss as comeback player of the year? Does it count if the only reason you're eligible is because you decided not to try hard the previous year?
:LOL: ROFL :LOL:

SteelerFan87 on 11-07-2007 at 11:57 AM said:

You never cease to amaze me. You're such a ****ing tool.

Brownfan80 on 11-07-2007 at 11:59 AM said:

Even if Randy had played hard in Oakland, I doubt he would've done much. You see, you need this thing called a "quarterback", LOL.

Geez, I thought it was pretty funny.

:confused:

When he ain't hatin' all things Pats and talking out of both sides of his mouth - SF87 does have a pretty good sense of humor. :thumb:

These mid-season award winners are pretty similiar to Zimmerman's SI list. I was surprised at Samuel - maybe it's all a plot to make him harder to sign. :shrug:

oldbagfan on 11-07-2007 at 11:42 AM said:
OK - after all the kicks in the shins we have been taking, I'm willing to lap up the love even from the likes of PFT's Mike Florio. He has listed his midseason "bests" on his site. (This has probably already posted about 6 times - but here goes anyway)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/PFTMidseasonAwards2007.htm[/url]

ROFL Florio doesn't just love the Pats. He wants to tak'em behind the middle school and get'em pregnant.

He's a Pats ballwasher from way back.

P4E* on 11-07-2007 at 12:48 PM said:
Worst veteran contract: Tony Romo, Cowboys.

How does he work that out??

My total guess would be that Romo has not been around long enough to get a true picture of his actual future worth as a QB, but the Boys prematurely ponied up the MEGA GIGUNDO HUGIE contract anyway.

Just conjecture on my part based on nothing. Like most sports commentators. :p

Re: Re: At Least Somebody Loves the Patriots

dashoe on 11-07-2007 at 12:42 PM said:
ROFL Florio doesn't just love the Pats. He wants to tak'em behind the middle school and get'em pregnant.

He's a Pats ballwasher from way back.

Pete Prisco says 'hi'.

Actually Florio is fairly neutral towards the Pats. I know him fairly well at this point and he gives praise where it is due.

<<
Asante Samuel as best DB? Has he really been that good this year?
>>

Sante has been fantastic every game except the first one where he was a little rusty. Several picks and passes defensed, shutting down receivers in a big way.

dchester on 11-07-2007 at 12:20 PM said:
Geez, I thought it was pretty funny.

:confused:

Maybe it's just his recent history, but it gets tiring that he sits around the board all day just waiting for chances to take pot shots at anything Patriots related.

True, this one might have been funny if I wasn't already up to the gills with his shenanigans, but I am.. so I didn't laugh.

Re: Re: At Least Somebody Loves the Patriots

dashoe on 11-07-2007 at 12:42 PM said:

Watch it, you don't want the Black Crusaders after you!

That was a joke, right? It gets confusing sometimes.

I mean, I hope you're not serious. Now I'm not even allowed to make fun of Randy Moss pre-Patriots?

I'm going to assume you were joking, in which case, disregard this post.

:thumb:

Has anyone come back from injury this season. I just spent ten minutes thinking about it and i honestly can't think of anyone who has come back from injury to be really good. So while I disagree that Moss deserves that particular honor, comeback player of the year, I can't really think of anyone else.

SteelerFan87 on 11-07-2007 at 03:17 PM said:
That was a joke, right? It gets confusing sometimes.

I mean, I hope you're not serious. Now I'm not even allowed to make fun of Randy Moss pre-Patriots?

I'm going to assume you were joking, in which case, disregard this post.

:thumb:

I wasn't joking then, but a few hours has made me realize that it was just my sleepiness this morning that made the joke rub me the wrong way (well, the sleepiness and the fact that you've been on a rampage lately).

Apologies for my bitchy response.

Back