Babalu

Update: 11/4/2010

Jeff continues his slow but steady progress. He's gained movement in his other foot now. So that gives him movement in both hands and feet and movement in his left arm, wrist and elbow. He's been mouthing words a lot lately and to get him one step closer to talking, they replaced his tracheotomy tube with a smaller one. This one will allow him to at least partially breathe through his mouth and nose. Once he get's used to it, they will be able to cap it and it will allow him to at least whisper.

They continue to slowly increase his central nervous system stimulant and slowly reduce his phenobarbital. As a result of that, he seems to be even more alert. They had him sitting on the side of his bed doing therapy for 45 minutes today. His caregivers are very happy with his progress lately.

He's still got a long road to recovery, but he's moving in the right direction and that's something we can all be thankful for.

Keep up your prayers and positive thoughts. They seem to be working!

------------------------------------------
Donate to Jeff via PayPal
yay Babs! Little by little brother Babs, little by little.
Posted via Mobile Device

Update: 11/4/2010

Jeff continues his slow but steady progress. He's gained movement in his other foot now. So that gives him movement in both hands and feet and movement in his left arm, wrist and elbow. He's been mouthing words a lot lately and to get him one step closer to talking, they replaced his tracheotomy tube with a smaller one. This one will allow him to at least partially breathe through his mouth and nose. Once he get's used to it, they will be able to cap it and it will allow him to at least whisper.

They continue to slowly increase his central nervous system stimulant and slowly reduce his phenobarbital. As a result of that, he seems to be even more alert. They had him sitting on the side of his bed doing therapy for 45 minutes today. His caregivers are very happy with his progress lately.

He's still got a long road to recovery, but he's moving in the right direction and that's something we can all be thankful for.

Keep up your prayers and positive thoughts. They seem to be working!

------------------------------------------
Donate to Jeff via PayPal

Extremely good news :dbanana:

I'll bet it won't be long before they can totally remove his trach tube. IIRC it was pretty quick after they went to the smaller trach and temporarily plugging it that they totally removed mine. And it's extra extremely good news that the phenobarb levels seem to be the major factor in his staying awake longer! I thought it might be that but it was just a guess.

I'll bet he's being a real handful for the nurses and his therapists right now. Babs never struck me as the shy, patient type. And this early after a brain injury anyone's temper is amplified like crazy. Most of the time I was OK to deal with at this stage, but I used to go farkin bonkers at things dropping on the floor or out of reach, or if someone talked while standing behind me.

Sending more prayers and positive thoughts. Go Babs. :grovel:

Proper puctuation changes everything.

This "Jeff, I will try to get up to see you and BOR." sounds like you are going to visit Jeff AND BOR.

Whereas this "Jeff, I will try to get up to see you" then place the period (.) Then "and BOR. if you are so inclined, an earful of mojojuice from your mouth to God's ears would be appreciated." so take out the period after BOR.

Changes everything.

Not being a grammer cop Taltos as you have immensely more important things to worry about.

Just showing BOR why I thought he was in the hospital with you guys.
Krafty, you are correct in imposing proper grammar after I got distracted by some pain killers. Box lets give Krafty credit for being correct this once and then move on to people who are normally correct.:insane:

Krafty, you are correct in imposing proper grammar after I got distracted by some pain killers. Box lets give Krafty credit for being correct this once and then move on to people who are normally correct.:insane:
I give SOKB credit, perhaps too much, but you have to admit being in a rehabilitation center in Boston versus my fortress command center when a lawyer comes calling with flowers is two entirely different levels of vulnerability! It from Arizona that shall not be named while you scrape it off your shoe still has a pro bono hit squad of attorneys trying to break into the witless protection program for my records - SOKB could have been turned, not to mention his duty as an ossifier of teh court.

I give SOKB credit, perhaps too much, but you have to admit being in a rehabilitation center in Boston versus my fortress command center when a lawyer comes calling with flowers is two entirely different levels of vulnerability! It from Arizona that shall not be named while you scrape it off your shoe still has a pro bono hit squad of attorneys trying to break into the witless protection program for my records - SOKB could have been turned, not to mention his duty as an ossifier of teh court.

Does anyone have the Babalutranslator™ that they can run on the paragraph above? I think Babs may have sent Box a telepathic message to have it transcribed here on PP. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have the Babalutranslator™ that they can run on the paragraph above? I think Babs may have sent Box a telepathic message to have it transcribed here on PP. Thanks in advance.
77d67b61ab2c123560f5e83f9e8bb27a6240479.jpg

The part that made me laugh was "It from Arizona..." which I figured was a reference to YOU.:p

babalu, today's offering to The Hop-Gods of Hasty Healing Regeneration & Recovery is a local craft-brew ---

Plymouth Massachusetts' own Mayflower Brewing American IPA -- a 7% ABV goblet of goodness

mayflower-ipa-label-beer.jpg

Kippis! Terveydeksi! :toast: (to your health - Finland)

Met Jeff's charming wife today. As has been reported, he looks good and is paying significant attention. I have to avoid Jeff for now since I have a cold. Will update soon. PaulB e l i c h e a t:toast::insane::Fart:

The part that made me laugh was "It from Arizona..." which I figured was a reference to YOU.:p
Anni may be an "it," but he's not scraped off your shoe, nor does he have a pro bono lawyer hit squad at his beck and call - that is a much more specific "it." ("it" has it's own :***: , and a lifetime ban)

Besides, we at PP "name" Annihilus, frequently and explicitly as I recall. :rimshot:

babalu, today's offering to The Hop-Gods of Hasty Healing Regeneration & Recovery is a local craft-brew ---

Plymouth Massachusetts' own Mayflower Brewing American IPA -- a 7% ABV goblet of goodness

mayflower-ipa-label-beer.jpg

Kippis! Terveydeksi! :toast: (to your health - Finland)
I've got a mission for you, check the patiotswin4me thread. :cop:

Today's Epistle lesson -- 1 John 3:1-3 (ESV)
1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Beloved, we are God’s children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is. 3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

Heavenly Father, I pray for Babalu and taltos and the absent patriotswin4me and all of my friends, and their families, who visit here; I pray also for those who distress or anger me, and I pray for myself that my sinful failures which distress and anger people be healed or prevented through Your Holy Spirit. I pray Your Word carries Your Holy Spirit to each and every one in the sure and certain hope of a life everlasting as Your children; I pray to thank and glorify You for the miracle of science which has benefited medical research and the recovery of our brothers Babs and taltos; I pray to thank You for the healing gifts with which You blessed their caregivers; I pray to ask Your mercy extend to these men, their families & friends, and their caregivers, that their burdens be lifted by the encouragement of Your Holy Spirit through Your Word, that rehabilitation goes smoothly, that they may both be recovering at home to praise You at Thanksgiving, and they both see in their gathered families a glimpse of Your ultimate love and are strengthened and nourished in the gift of faith You give to all Your children; I pray for all the children of God, that they Here and heed Your call and Your Word, and receive the blessing of Your gifts freely given to each of us, unworthy and sinful as we are; I pray to thank You for my Pastor, and Vicar, and my family in Christ, who gather together to encourage and sustain me in Your Word; and I pray to thank You for Your Son, our Redeemer, who washes us clean with His sacrifice and grants all who believe on Him, everlasting life with You through his death and resurrection; in His Name I pray. Amen.

Let me add an amen and a thanks to BOR for the prayer. Babs, hope that you can hear me praying for you from 2 doors down. Sleepy time, meds too strong today. Paul :toast:

Let me add an amen and a thanks to BOR for the prayer. Babs, hope that you can hear me praying for you from 2 doors down. Sleepy time, meds too strong today. Paul :toast:

Do they realize that Hell will be coming to that hospital as soon as you and Jeff are ready to take over?

Get well both of you.

And seriously, I am getting concerned about patritoswin4me or I wouldn't have typed his long ass user name.

Rich, just throw us a "hi" so we know you are OK.

Maureen and the kids were in yesterday. What an adorable family. Met Jeff's parents today and Jeff opened his eyes and seemed to recognize his surroundings Appears that progress due to a whole bunch of hard work and prayers from a whole bunch of people seems to be doing some real good. Lets up the prayers and see if we can get him on full time awake duty by Thanksgiving (not likely but we can hope). Have a great day all. Paul:toast:

I'm glad you were able to meet them. How much longer will you have to be there?

I'm glad you were able to meet them. How much longer will you have to be there?
Hopefully I will excape next week but more realistically it will be the first week in December and I am going absolutely batshit. It was great meeting them.:)

Back