Babalu

Dearest Lord, I thank You for the continued flow of good news in this thread. I ask Your mercy continue for Paul and Jeff and their families; bless their caregivers to know Your Word and be strengthened in Your healing gifts; bless their families to endure the burdens of grouchy healing patients, travel, and home life alone; bless Jeff to fully awaken and continue his recovery and rehabilitation; bless Paul to endure and progress in his rehabilitation; bless both men and their families to a joyous Thanksgiving full of the promise of life; bless all to know you through Your Word and Your Holy Spirit, to know Christ as their Savior, to know true repentance for sin, and to know Your forgiveness in Holy Baptism every day of their lives. In the Name of Jesus Christ our Redeemer and Lord. Amen.

Saw Babs again today, he looked good if a little restless. Mikie was up for a visit, great meeting him. Looks like I will escape later this week. Happy Birthday to my fellow Marines.:party::toast:

Taltos it was nice to meet you, I wish it was under different terms but still enjoyable - now that you are about to be released I remind you that you still need to take care of yourself. Of course when you said I was either Mikie or RG I had to chuckle...I am much younger and far more ruggedly handsome than ol' buckethead :D

as for Jeff, I am sure I will get an earful when he is better. I was waiting for him to flip me the bird as I left but luckily I only got a nod.

His nurses and Physical Therapist are working him hard and Babs wife was extremely happy with some recent progress..small and steady steps...she is a saint and at the end of all this deserves a long rest

Saw Babs again today, he looked good if a little restless. Mikie was up for a visit, great meeting him. Looks like I will escape later this week. Happy Birthday to my fellow Marines.:party::toast:
1) I am happy to hear you are on a fast mend & will be able to go home soon -- take good care yourself, tally

2) it has been fabulous of you to make the effort to spend time w/ babalu & his wife while you are dealing w/ your own medical issues

3) speaking of drips.....were you on a portable morphine IV-drip when you met mikie? it prolly would have helped if you were on one at the time :D

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Mack. Someone who was not doing quality control on pain killers has to explain the apple juice to the group. I thought that I was going to kill myself laughing. Good night all.:toast:

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday Mack. Someone who was not doing quality control on pain killers has to explain the apple juice to the group. I thought that I was going to kill myself laughing. Good night all.:toast:
yes the apple juice
Or the wife/medical staff gets revenge

Babs wife brought in a beer glass (pint) for jeff to hold, thought it would get a response as did I when she placed it in his hand, he was tired as expected but you could see his fingers wrap around it a bit.....

Well we all get to talking, mostly embarrassing Jeff tales to which he would frown and the glass goes on the table.

Well PT time arrives and Taltos and I are chatting in the hall when a nurse with and evil grin walks by with the glass 1/2 full (optimist) of apple juice to tease Babs into thinking it is a beer.

Now what happens next proves this joint is a collection of misfits... Taltos suggest they salt the apple juice to create a head on the faux beer to really play with the poor bastard during PT..... Brillant I tell you

What happened I do not know as I had the leave to meet my kids bus but I am anxiously waiting to find out!!!

yes the apple juice

Babs wife brought in a beer glass (pint) for jeff to hold, thought it would get a response as did I when she placed it in his hand, he was tired as expected but you could see his fingers wrap around it a bit.....

Well we all get to talking, mostly embarrassing Jeff tales to which he would frown and the glass goes on the table.

Well PT time arrives and Taltos and I are chatting in the hall when a nurse with and evil grin walks by with the glass 1/2 full (optimist) of apple juice to tease Babs into thinking it is a beer.

Now what happens next proves this joint is a collection of misfits... Taltos suggest they salt the apple juice to create a head on the faux beer to really play with the poor bastard during PT..... Brillant I tell you

What happened I do not know as I had the leave to meet my kids bus but I am anxiously waiting to find out!!!
eeek Oh the humanity! :***:

1) I am happy to hear you are on a fast mend & will be able to go home soon -- take good care yourself, tallySometimes I think that what passes for good deeds helps one mend more quickly and return us to our home sooner. At least when Regina has visited me, I was conscious, just injured. Contrast this to Jeff and Maureen where she has to deal with a partially conscious Jeff, possibly injured Jeff, and has to still raise two incredible kids. Regina and I have it much easier.

2) it has been fabulous of you to make the effort to spend time w/ babalu & his wife while you are dealing w/ your own medical issues. Spending time with quality people like Jeff and his family and friends is easy, he attracts people of similar quality. Visits are now fun.

3) speaking of drips.....were you on a portable morphine IV-drip when you met mikie? it prolly would have helped if you were on one at the timeYou could be right.D
:toast::toast:

yes the apple juice

play with the poor bastard during PT..... Brillant I tell you
Now what happens next proves this joint is a collection of misfits... Taltos suggest they salt the apple juice to create a head on the faux beer to really

This is outstanding! Of course I won't be anywhere near you when he is all well and remembers this, Mikie.

HELL I POSTED IT SO HE KNOWS WHO IT WAS.... nothing would be sweeter to my ears than to hear him tell me to NOM NOM NOM on a bag o' dicks

look they didn't salt it but the apple juice for beer switch was made...he is a lucky man and I think it is a blessing his wife maintains her sense of humor through all this....I add the support this place has shown is amazing and something one and all should be commended for but we need to remember it is still a lengthy fight, one I am sure Babs will face off against and beat this with the support he is getting, especially from his wife.

while the improvements are amazing, they are still small steps in a much bigger lengthy recovery process.

HELL I POSTED IT SO HE KNOWS WHO IT WAS.... nothing would be sweeter to my ears than to hear him tell me to NOM NOM NOM on a bag o' dicks

look they didn't salt it but the apple juice for beer switch was made...he is a lucky man and I think it is a blessing his wife maintains her sense of humor through all this....I add the support this place has shown is amazing and something one and all should be commended for but we need to remember it is still a lengthy fight, one I am sure Babs will face off against and beat this with the support he is getting, especially from his wife.

while the improvements are amazing, they are still small steps in a much bigger lengthy recovery process.
Awesome

Mikie do you think he's alert enough to fully grasp what happen to him yet?

Awesome

Mikie do you think he's alert enough to fully grasp what happen to him yet?
I don't know that answer. I do know he is listening to conversations based on his facial reaction to things said for sure so he understands when embarrassing stories are being old :D.

I don't know that answer. I do know he is listening to conversations based on his facial reaction to things said for sure so he understands when embarrassing stories are being old :D.
HEHE Can't wait till he comes back posting it will be epic on the hilarious scale for sure.. :)

Back