Babalu

...and remember, my sentimental friend, that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others...

Thanks for the updates and e-mails, Frank. This was a great one, truly great. I wish him a blissful Christmas, if that's possible. And also to lovely Maureen and their beautiful children.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnVorT14i4I?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FnVorT14i4I?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" (Luke 2:11-14)

Heavenly Father, I ask Your peace descend upon the Babalu family & friends, the taltos family & friends, the OPT family & friends, the cka family & friends, and upon this nation. Turn us to Your Word in our times of affliction and of joy, fill us with the teaching of Your Holy Spirit and direct us to the cross of Christ that we may be saved through faith. In the Name of our Savior Jesus Christ, thank You for Your many gifts and Your mercy towards a fallen people. Amen.

A new update from our friend Brian:
--------------------------------------
Went over to see Jeff today. They had Jeff down in the physical therapy room, between these parallel bars having him try to stand up. I had just missed it but they apparently got him to stand about 2/3rds of the way up by himself.... and he did that two or three times. I guess it was the first time they have tried to do this with him so it was yet another small step forward.

Jeff continues to have what I was calling "moments of clarity" where he will talk and make perfect sense and remember things reasonably well. Other times he talks a bit of gibberish and doesn't make a lot of sense. Jeff's father was there and he mentioned that the doctors said this is "normal" for what Jeff is going through. The doctors were saying that what is going on is that Jeff's brain is super active, trying to sort things out and every once in a while it is almost like he gets radio static in his brain and it comes out as gibberish.

As long as his "moments of clarity" continue to come more often and for longer periods of time (which they are) this is normal and good progress..

Went over to see Jeff today. They had Jeff down in the physical therapy room, between these parallel bars having him try to stand up. I had just missed it but they apparently got him to stand about 2/3rds of the way up by himself.... and he did that two or three times. I guess it was the first time they have tried to do this with him so it was yet another small step forward.

Jeff continues to have what I was calling "moments of clarity" where he will talk and make perfect sense and remember things reasonably well. Other times he talks a bit of gibberish and doesn't make a lot of sense. Jeff's father was there and he mentioned that the doctors said this is "normal" for what Jeff is going through. The doctors were saying that what is going on is that Jeff's brain is super active, trying to sort things out and every once in a while it is almost like he gets radio static in his brain and it comes out as gibberish.

As long as his "moments of clarity" continue to come more often and for longer periods of time (which they are) this is normal and good progress..

Great news, thanks again Frank

:thumb: :thumb:<----of these to you, babalu

Sierra-Nevada-Celebration-2010-577x1024.jpg

having one of ^^these as we speak in tribute to the continuing good news :toast:

This is super news. Jeff is going to come all the way back, it's clear.. can't happen soon enough. Thanks for the effort to keep the updates coming....

I can picture his progress perfectly. I did a few weeks at a rehab hospital when I was going through nursing school. These people love LOVE their job and are good at what they do. In knowing the care given, the toughness of babs and the support of his family and close friends makes me feel he will get to where he needs to be :)

Hey Babalu I'm having some of this tonight :toast: to your health and major league comeback :thumb:

Tree. men doe's. news.

Merry Christmas Frank.

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.

And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.

And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,

Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Come on Jeff beat the snot out of this thing...... Enough rope-a-dope, start swinging

Really do no have words to express my thoughts, still up at 4 am trying to wax poetically some words of wisdom but they have all been said

Merry Christmas big guy and to your beautiful wife and kids too, praying Santa brought a miracle

Thank you Frank for all your updates

Back