Babalu

Hoping to hear another good report from frank. :grovel:

Jeff's back at MGH again. He's been fighting another infection and today his liver and white blood cell counts were up so they transferred him back. He's got gall stones that are causing some issues with his gall bladder and they're trying to decide whether they're going to remove it or just remove/treat the stones.

He had just about gotten back to where he was before he got the first infection, but the new one is really sapping his energy.

I think we need a new round of prayers and positive thoughts here, so please keep Jeff and his family on your mind.

Thanks.

I said GOOD report, frank. :harumph:

Continued thoughts and prayers from RI. I will be stopping on my way home to pick up another 22 of Sierra Nevada Celebration and asking the Good Lord to get babs back on track.

More prayers for Jeff's recovery are on the way and if I can get a ride to church (still not drivings) my wife and I will light a candle for his recovery. Additional prayers and a candle are on their way to give Maureen and the family additional faith and strength. Get well Jeff! Paul

I'll toss another one up one the flight home tomorrow. Figure I might be able to get it ahead of some of the others in line that way. :D

Jeff is once again back at Spaulding. They now believe one of his meds was causing the liver inflammation and elevated counts. They're adjusting his meds to try and get things back to normal. Apparently the gall stones are not causing any issues.

Hopefully the med changes will get him back on track. Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts. Keep 'em up.

Jeff is once again back at Spaulding. They now believe one of his meds was causing the liver inflammation and elevated counts. They're adjusting his meds to try and get things back to normal. Apparently the gall stones are not causing any issues.

Hopefully the med changes will get him back on track. Thanks for the prayers and positive thoughts. Keep 'em up.

I don't post often in here but check it all the time. Thanks SO much for the updates frank.

I feel the problem is that because maybe a handful of people each year get EEE, some showing no symptoms and others dying quickly that there is no set guideline on how to treat this shit. It seems a lot of trial and error imo. But this isn't the HVAC guy trying to fix a furnace. These are doctors trying to fix a husband, co-worker, father, neighbor and our friend.

It's f'n frustrating the hell out of me so I can only imagine what his family is going through. Talk about a roller coaster ride.

Thanks as always Frank.

Great prayer Box!
Posted via Mobile Device

Before I had a chance to be bummed out about going to MGH, things got better again. Thanks for the updates Frank.
All I can think of is that his family is going up and down like a yo-yo with all of this.
I really feel bad about that, I can relate to it.

Pass my prayers and positive thoughts along. I'm sure Box will out-do himself as always in that area but I'll chip in.

Thats great news... Infections are always scary and no matter how minor they may seem they can quickly spiral out of control...*takes a deep breath*

I know all about the rollercoaster feeling, in dealing with my Mom's health problems and rare conditions. It's not easy, but your love for the person sustains you, as well as them. I'm continuing prayers, and hoping babs and his family can feel comfort in their love for one another.

Miss you, Babs! Here's to hoping that you're feeling well with the medication change.

I have a student right now who's at Spaulding; he was in a car accident mid-December, and is there for PT with a broken leg (femur AND tibia). You two may cross paths.

Praying that things continue to improve!

Well, Jeff is once again back at Rehab. He went back to the hospital last week for some scheduled tests and he began vomiting while he was there. They readmitted him and checked him out and found that he had another urinary tract infection, along with the other infection he had been fighting. They've been treating him all week and his white blood cell and liver counts are back down to the normal range. So they transferred him back to Rehab this afternoon.

He was actually very alert today and talking to his nurses and parents.

Let's all hope that this little slowdown is finally over and he'll quickly get back to making big some real progress in his rehab.

Frank

Well, Jeff is once again back at Rehab. He went back to the hospital last week for some scheduled tests and he began vomiting while he was there. They readmitted him and checked him out and found that he had another urinary tract infection, along with the other infection he had been fighting. They've been treating him all week and his white blood cell and liver counts are back down to the normal range. So they transferred him back to Rehab this afternoon.

Let's all hope that this little slowdown is finally over and he'll quickly get back to making big some real progress in his rehab.

Frank
Thanks again Frank 4 these updates, I hope he continues his rehab trail so he once again be home with his loved ones. :toast:

Thank you Frank for the update. I miss not seeing Jeff on a daily basis but I like being home better. Prayers for you Jeff and for your family!:wave:

Dearest Lord, thank You for Babalu's progress with his infections, I ask Your mercy to strengthen his immune system to help keep his rehab proceeding smoothly. Thank You for the progress report on Bab's communication with his medical team; encourage Babs, his family, and his medical team with Your Holy Spirit in Your Word to continue to endure and work through the challenges in his recovery; speed Babs improvement and his return home. I thank You for Your healing presence in the lives of all our injured, ailing, and grieving friends in this forum ... taltos, OPT, cka, Muse, Patswin4me ... I ask Your mercy to continue in their lives as a healing influence for all their needs; in the Name of Your Son who gave His life on the cross that through His death and resurrection we might find forgiveness for our sins. Amen.

Frank

Amen. Thanks for the update, Frank.

Back