Babalu

sad to think we just went thru an entire pats season without babs

keep fighting.

I miss you also Babs. Lets get you well for the draft party! That would be one hell of a party with you there.:peace:

Dearest Lord, I ask Your mercy continue for Babalu & family, taltos & family, cka's son, OPT's family and all Planeteers who need You in their lives, guide them to the comfort and strength which is Your Word, through Your Holy Spirit teach them the joy of the promise which is Christ Jesus; in His let Your blessings flow. Amen.

I miss you also Babs. Lets get you well for the draft party! That would be one hell of a party with you there.:peace:

Maybe we can put Hawg and Mikie in charge of lining up a Draft Party locale in the greater Middleboro area for ease of Babs possibly being able to make an appearance? You guys know the area...:shrug:

I'll feel better when he's smacking his nurses' asses instead of just talking to them, and asking for beer, then spitting it out and demanding to know what sort of swill they are giving him.

Heavenly Father, I ask Your mercy on Mushy and his Flagg, most especially I ask Your mercy continue to bless Babalu, taltos, cka's son, Muse, and all Planeteers recovering or coping with adversity in their lives. Heal them if it be Your will, comfort them with Your love in the story of Christ Jesus and the gift of Your Holy Spirit speaking to us through Your precious Word. Strengthen their families in their love for one another and in the gift of faith You give to all who are baptized in Your Hoy Spirit; bring to this same faith those whom You are calling that they too may know the promise of eternal life through the story of Christ Jesus. Strengthen those whom You have blessed with the gifts of healing, guide them to know those gifts as Yours that they may fully care for their charges with all of healing tools you make available. Strengthen all who visit here in knowledge of Christ Jesus, bless the leaders of our nations with the wisdom You provided Solomon that their efforts may bring Your peace upon this troubled earth. Your will be done O Lord, in the Name of Your Son Jesus Christ, who redeemed us from our sin with his suffering, death, and resurrection. Amen.

Heavenly Father, I ask Your mercy on Mushy and his Flagg,
On the theory that you don't care about man-made curse words because they're meaningless except socially:

Effing this, Jesus. I know my own wrechedness better than anyone. I'll take all the mercy I can get.

Maybe we can put Hawg and Mikie in charge of lining up a Draft Party locale in the greater Middleboro area for ease of Babs possibly being able to make an appearance? You guys know the area...:shrug:

Maybe Hawg could host it at his house. Then we could sample thiose prize winning ribs and burgers he's so proud of.

Besides, if Babs is able to make it, it would be a good time for Hawg and I to grill up that Lobel Cowboy Steak for him.

Babs - Please don't watch Steelers-Jets... In fact, just skip football for now and concentrate on hoping there's a season next year.

:toast:

Maybe Hawg could host it at his house. Then we could sample thiose prize winning ribs and burgers he's so proud of.

Besides, if Babs is able to make it, it would be a good time for Hawg and I to grill up that Lobel Cowboy Steak for him.

I would consider that. I wouldn't think our boy will be ready for something like that in 3 months, but obviously that would be great if he were. Probably a topic for a seperate thread to hash out the pros and cons, but it might work.

One pro would be the food would be a damn sight better than a sports pub and a lot cheaper.

We should hash it out, but not in this thread. We've got 3 months to decide.

Well we've finally got some good news to report. I got a text on Thursday from Maureen saying that Jeff was having a great day, almost as good a day as he was having just before Christmas. I called her and she told me he had just had a good OT session, catching a ball that they were throwing to him. Reaching out for the ball and having good movement and coordination in both arms. He also had a good speech therapy session. Answering most of the questions correctly and the ones he was unsure on, he quickly gave the correct answer with a a hint or two. They also brought him some stuff to eat. Ground up London broil, which Jeff said was "horrible." They also had some butternut squash, which was "gross." And some mashed potatoes that were "OK." The speech therapist also approved him to start eating soft foods, meaning anything you can cut with a fork. So he can start having some real food now.

After speech therapy Maureen took out the laptop and asked him if he wanted to look at some pictures. She gave him the laptop and they started to look through them. Jeff put his finger on the correct mouse button and clicked his way through the pictures. Maureen also said he identified most of the people in the pictures.

I don't know how yesterday went, but he had another great day today. My phone rang a couple hours ago and it was was Jeff on the other end. We had a quick conversation told him it looked like Green Bay was in and Jeff agreed and I then said I couldn't believe I'd be rooting for the Steelers later tonight, he replied "yeah, I know." I had a hard time hearing/understand everything he said, but it was good to talk to him.

His brother went in to see him this morning and I guess they had a good visit. Later when Maureen arrived to visit she asked how his brother was, he replied "large and in charge," which definitely describes Jeff's brother.

Please continue to keep Jeff in your thoughts and prayers and lets hope this is the start of a long series of positive news.

Well we've finally got some good news to report. I got a text on Thursday from Maureen saying that Jeff was having a great day, almost as good a day as he was having just before Christmas. I called her and she told me he had just had a good OT session, catching a ball that they were throwing to him. Reaching out for the ball and having good movement and coordination in both arms. He also had a good speech therapy session. Answering most of the questions correctly and the ones he was unsure on, he quickly gave the correct answer with a a hint or two. They also brought him some stuff to eat. Ground up London broil, which Jeff said was "horrible." They also had some butternut squash, which was "gross." And some mashed potatoes that were "OK." The speech therapist also approved him to start eating soft foods, meaning anything you can cut with a fork. So he can start having some real food now.

After speech therapy Maureen took out the laptop and asked him if he wanted to look at some pictures. She gave him the laptop and they started to look through them. Jeff put his finger on the correct mouse button and clicked his way through the pictures. Maureen also said he identified most of the people in the pictures.

I don't know how yesterday went, but he had another great day today. My phone rang a couple hours ago and it was was Jeff on the other end. We had a quick conversation told him it looked like Green Bay was in and Jeff agreed and I then said I couldn't believe I'd be rooting for the Steelers later tonight, he replied "yeah, I know." I had a hard time hearing/understand everything he said, but it was good to talk to him.

His brother went in to see him this morning and I guess they had a good visit. Later when Maureen arrived to visit she asked how his brother was, he replied "large and in charge," which definitely describes Jeff's brother.

Please continue to keep Jeff in your thoughts and prayers and lets hope this is the start of a long series of positive news.
Wow, absolutely awesome and uplifting news! Thanks Frank!

Back