Back again....

BwanaZulia

Reaction score
Website
www.jetkingdom.com
Ahh.. another year another trip to the Planet for our two games a year.

How is everything going in the Patriot world?

Coming off the big win (for us) the Jets are pumped. We think we might finally have the ingredients to take down the mighty Pats.

Jet Stuff:
- Chad is back. 300+ yards.
- Nuuuge is bad. Expect some 2 pt conversions! :)
- Andre Dyson is to be feared
- Jets running game is struggling. I hope they play Cedric Houston who is a bigger, more smash mouth player.

As usual, my brother (the Pats fan) will be driving down from MA to come to the game with me and I can't wait.

I will be around for the next seven days and can't wait to talk a little smack as we get ready for this big rival game.

BZ

Hiya Bwan.....good to see ya again, congrats on the win agains the Titans, thought they might fritter it away at the end there....but as we all know: A 'W' is a 'W', no matter how you slice it.

The Pats looked pretty generic in the first half yesterday, but pulled it together to make it a game in the second half.

1. The Passing Game could use some work (and a receiver or two).

2. The Running Game looks good - Maroney and Dillon will be a tough tandem to defend if they keep it up.

3. The 'D' was so-so, but would like to see a few more opponents before judging them.

C-ya around.....beware the thomas144 threads :thumb:

Only saw the Pats highlights, but giving up a sack, strip and TD in the first play is pretty brutal.

They are the Pats though and really can't be counted out till they get beaten (probably twice at this point).

BZ

Hi BZ, I didn't catch the Jets game, but it sounds like Pennington may finally be healthy again. I sure hope the Pats play a lot better than yesterday, or it may be a long day for our heroes.

So how do the Jets fans (and the media) like Mangini?
________
free drupal themes

dchester said:
Hi BZ, I didn't catch the Jets game, but it sounds like Pennington may finally be healthy again. I sure hope the Pats play a lot better than yesterday, or it may be a long day for our heroes.

So how do the Jets fans (and the media) like Mangini?

As you know, winning is everything. If he wins, everyone will love him.

In the preseason, the press was really getting their panties in a bunch because he wouldn't let the players talk or release a depth chart.

So far, so good.

My quick impressions:
- Attention to detail is HUGE with Mangini
- He gets his players ready to play
- He doesn't care about the press
- He made a mistake at RB this year when Curtis told him to pick someone up.
- He is going to kill NUUUGE!

:)

BZ

Hello BZ, welcome back.

Of all the QBs that we have faced since BB took over here, the absolute best performance vs. us I believe came from Pennington.

Aside from when our D backfield was banged up (i.e. the last two years), he's about the only guy able to figure out the coverages and surgically dissect our defense when they were playing really well. Most Pats fans laugh at him, but I don't.

I think the kid is smart and has taken a lot of unnecessary shit due to his rotator/arm problems. Not his fault.

No, he doesn't throw like some guys, but I'm not the least bit surprised he is back in the pocket.

I expect another close Jets/Pats game, since we have some issues to iron out.

I have a social obligation, literally a "Garden Party", that conflicts with this weekend's game against the Jets (oddly enough - the party is from 4-7), so I will miss this weekend's game, but honestly, with the Denver game looming next week, I don't see the Jets game as anything but another exhibition game, or a bye week really.

thomas144 said:
I have a social obligation, literally a "Garden Party", that conflicts with this weekend's game against the Jets (oddly enough - the party is from 4-7), so I will miss this weekend's game, but honestly, with the Denver game looming next week, I don't see the Jets game as anything but another exhibition game, or a bye week really.

Maybe you will luck out for a safety this week to win again. :)

BZ

Thomas has to miss the game due to a "garden party"? Honestly, I'm not even sure what those are.

Jesus, at least the guys who get forced to go to the Christmas Tree Shop by their wives have somewhat of an excuse. ;)

I have to miss it also, but I have to work an event on Sunday that will be loaded with sports and other celebs. I'll say hello to Matt Damon's wife's boobs for you.

Last year Dwight Clark was there and I threw an hors d'ouvre towards the back of the buffet line. He timed his jump and caught it perfectly. Six points.

I had no idea Matt Damon was married. Anyway, I doubt it's the same event.

Last year I had to work during the Denver regular season game, although I tried to set up a little tv in my office. I will always remember that as the game that David Givens lost.

I have to admit, I enjoy games at Giants stadium, ever since the Patriots-Jets regular season game there in 2001, one of my all-time favorite Patriots games. I think it was that game that I started to think that the Patriots might actually be pretty good.

I also have a conflict because my son got invited to visit MIT this Sunday. The worst part of it is that I'm convinced that if I tell my wife that I'd rather watch the Patriots game, she'd think I was being foolish and unreasonable.
________
AMC and Jeep transmissions history

The thing I have to attend is a "garden party" reception for the President of my son's college. I thought about just telling them that I couldn't go because it conflicted with the Patriots game, but I realized they would think I was nuts because it's only the Jets they are playing. I didn't want them to think my son's Dad was insane.

this seems as good a place to stash this instead of starting a new thread

Why I dislike the Jets

Fireman Ed is much too old to sit on another man's shoulders during games while leading cheers.

I don't care for the way people toawk in New York City

Why do they let actual jets fly so low over their stadium when the opposition's Offense is on the field?

I will never forgive then-Jet's President Steve Gutlessman call BB, in effect, mentally ill for resigning the day he was made HC of the NYJ

I think the guy who holds Fireman Ed on his shoulders likes the feel of a man sitting on the back of his neck

Green Bay Green is a football color, Jets Green is not

I have never seen a woman in the stands at a Jets home game on TV. Not once. I assume because they don't feel safe there.

I get scared when I hear the J - E - T - S, JETS, JETS, JETS chant.

Hey BZ, welcome back. As you noticed I've already been talkin' some smack with you in another thread. :D

After the Pats game was over yesterday I switched over to the Jets/Titans game, because 1) it was the only game left with an AFC East team and 2) it was the only game where the outcome was still in doubt, except for New Orleans/Cleveland.

Got a good look at Pennington slinging the ball around out there - eeek ! What happened here? All offseason we've been discounting the Jets because "they don't have a quarterback". Of course, the problem with Pennington has not been his throwing so much as his durability. Being as this will only be Week 2, he should still be in top form.

This will be an interesting match-up.

Just out of curiosity, BZ, do you have season tickets?

TrueBeliever said:
Hey BZ, welcome back. As you noticed I've already been talkin' some smack with you in another thread. :D

After the Pats game was over yesterday I switched over to the Jets/Titans game, because 1) it was the only game left with an AFC East team and 2) it was the only game where the outcome was still in doubt, except for New Orleans/Cleveland.

Got a good look at Pennington slinging the ball around out there - eeek ! What happened here? All offseason we've been discounting the Jets because "they don't have a quarterback". Of course, the problem with Pennington has not been his throwing so much as his durability. Being as this will only be Week 2, he should still be in top form.

This will be an interesting match-up.

Just out of curiosity, BZ, do you have season tickets?

Yeah, Chad looked good. The running game didn't look good, but that is like a flip flop from most years.

Yes, I have season tickets (see the avatar). :)

BZ

Originally posted by RoadGrader I get scared when I hear the J - E - T - S, JETS, JETS, JETS chant.

Scary because 80,000 know how to spell or because it sends chills down your spine?

That chant does exactly what it is supposed to do. It energizes the crowd and Jet players and pisses off the opposing fans.

Most other teams don't like Fireman Ed because he is one of the best know fans in the NFL.

We understand. :)

BZ

RoadGrader said:
this seems as good a place to stash this instead of starting a new thread

Why I dislike the Jets

Fireman Ed is much too old to sit on another man's shoulders during games while leading cheers.

I don't care for the way people toawk in New York City

Why do they let actual jets fly so low over their stadium when the opposition's Offense is on the field?

I will never forgive then-Jet's President Steve Gutlessman call BB, in effect, mentally ill for resigning the day he was made HC of the NYJ

I think the guy who holds Fireman Ed on his shoulders likes the feel of a man sitting on the back of his neck

Green Bay Green is a football color, Jets Green is not

I have never seen a woman in the stands at a Jets home game on TV. Not once. I assume because they don't feel safe there.

I get scared when I hear the J - E - T - S, JETS, JETS, JETS chant.

I could give you my list of why I don't like the jets...but I don't feel like typing that much......:D So I'll just stick with Go Pats, the jets suck.....;)

I actually like the Jets a lot - I like pretty much all the old AFL teams, on some level. I love the J-E-T-S cheer, and as I am sure I have commented before, it's hard not to like any team that has Christopher Molitsanti chearing for them in the stands. In general, I like Jets fans, especially compared to Giants fans. To me it's like preferring the Mets to the Yankees.

That being said, this game is not particularly interesting. It did cross my mind however, that if the Jets win, they would be undefeated and leading the division, which would be pretty funny. Go Jets!

BwanaZulia said:
Yes, I have season tickets (see the avatar). :)

BZ

Yeah, I knew it was in your avatar. I just wanted to make sure you knew.

The reason I ask is that while doing research for my AFL helmet project, I was looking through the FAQs on the Jets' official website and read that their tickets are sold out on a season ticket basis (a la Green Bay) and no single game tickets are available.

So, were they hard to get or did you snatch yours up during the Kotite years? ROFL

Back