BB Doesn't Have To Tank. He's Doing This Instead...

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
BB isn't tanking for next year, but he never prepared/planned to have a great season either.

He didn't sign Scam until way late. He never upgraded the TE/WR group. He avoided making big splashes in the draft.

Doing this will help the draft situation. It's actually brilliant.

The Pats are bad without the WuFlu opt-outs. BB most likely convinced a bunch of them to sit out the season.

BB doesn't have to tank if he knows that the Pats aren't going to be good this year anyway...

Now all BB needs to do is hire someone who can pick better players in the draft... :coffee:

Last edited:
The opt-outs?
Yeah the opt outs...Marcus Cannon, linebacker Dont'a Hightower, safety Patrick Chung, tight end Matt LaCosse, running back Brandon Bolden, fullback Dan Vitale, receiver Marqise Lee and guard Najee Toran
Its like the who's who of who gets hurt every year, except for Najee Toran, that one hurt.

Yeah the opt outs...Marcus Cannon, linebacker Dont'a Hightower, safety Patrick Chung, tight end Matt LaCosse, running back Brandon Bolden, fullback Dan Vitale, receiver Marqise Lee and guard Najee Toran
Its like the who's who of who gets hurt every year, except for Najee Toran, that one hurt.
How much money did those opt-outs save? That was the point.

This is ridiculous. BB has been putting together awful teams for years. Look at the defense from 09 till that seahawks Super Bowl. He hasn’t drafted an impact player since Hightower. He flat out lost the eagles super bowl. That’s completely on him. The offense never even punted. Brady leaves and more or less the same team goes from 14 wins to 2.

Why does everyone here give BB so much leeway? He’s not tanking. This is what its gonna be without a player like Brady at the QB position. All this talk of chess/checkers is B.S.. No free agent is taking a discount to come here. He can’t draft. There might be a silver lining in that we have a shot at a can’t miss QB, but Belichick is not the one we want rebuilding this roster. The team can’t go another TWENTY YEARS without hitting on a wide receiver!!!!! Excuse me Deion Branch, who I’ll also note did almost nothing away from Brady. BBs ego will not let anyone take over that role. At the end of the day he’s always going to have the final say. He’s old, set in his ways, and an arrogant, egotistical, smug awful coach to play for, and look at Joshes record without Brady. It’s awful.

This is not 03. It’s time to change the coaching staff before rebuilding this roster.

Last edited:
This is ridiculous. BB has been putting together awful teams for years. Look at the defense from 09 till that seahawks Super Bowl. He hasn’t drafted an impact player since Hightower. He flat out lost the eagles super bowl. That’s completely on him. The offense never even punted. Brady leaves and more or less the same team goes from 14 wins to 2.

Why does everyone here give BB so much leeway? He’s not tanking. This is what its gonna be without a player like Brady at the QB position. All this talk of chess/checkers is B.S.. No free agent is taking a discount to come here. He can’t draft. There might be a silver lining in that we have a shot at a can’t miss QB, but Belichick is not the one we want rebuilding this roster. The team can’t go another TWENTY YEARS without hitting on a wide receiver!!!!! Excuse me Deion Branch, who I’ll also note did almost nothing away from Brady. BBs ego will not let anyone take over that role. At the end of the day he’s always going to have the final say. He’s old, set in his ways, and an arrogant, egotistical, smug awful coach to play for, and look at Joshes record without Brady. It’s awful.

This is not 03. It’s time to change the coaching staff before rebuilding this roster.
I can't believe how fast it has all come apart. Bill's interviews don't even sound like him anymore. I do think it would be good to have a GM take over but to your point, I don't think Bill stays if Robert ever does that. If we don't find a legit QB then we are going to look like the 2000 team every year because we just don't have a good enough roster to carry an average QB and Bill does not believe in stacking his roster with blue chip players so the margin for error is nil.

Go join the Bucs fan club asshat...

I’m a Patriots fan who wants to see this team get back to being competitive as quickly as possible.

Christ alive, some of you really need to take a long look at yourselves. A few losses and suddenly Bill is an ordinary coach? And suddenly it was never about him but all about Brady? As if Tom picked the sides, chose the gameplans, drafted players, hired the coaches, hired the trainers, set up practices, dealt with the salary cap, coached the defense and ST and all the million and one things HCs have to do!

Christ alive, some of you really need to take a long look at yourselves. A few losses and suddenly Bill is an ordinary coach? And suddenly it was never about him but all about Brady? As if Tom picked the sides, chose the gameplans, drafted players, hired the coaches, hired the trainers, set up practices, dealt with the salary cap, coached the defense and ST and all the million and one things HCs have to do!
BB is the GOAT...he does need some help at picking players better in the draft, but, I'm absolutely pro BB. This year is literally a throw-away year (in more ways than one). It is what it is.

Back