Before the baseball season starts

DarrylStingley

Boston Sports
Reaction score
OK, first, I know there's a Sox Planet.

But given that there are very few Patriots related threads right now, and given that I'm not in the mood to torture myself with thoughts of SB 42 or Troy Brown as a damn NY Jet, and given that there's not much else to talk about Pats wise except the draft (and given that I already know I want Ghoulston), threre's not much football wise to talk about.

And no one much goes to Sox Planet.

So before the baseball season starts, I want to discuss the really awesome thigns that happened in the 2007 season that have not gotten enough attention.

When the Sox won in 2004, Sox fans went on an extended giddyfest that lasted almost through 2005 season. It was serious fun. I'm still happy about the Roberts steal, the Ortiz homer against Quantrill, the Bellhorn homers, Alice revealing herself to bein a total douche with that silly slap, Foulke striking out Tony Clark, Judas' homers and the Cardinals demolition.

But when the Sox won this year, the collective reaction was "very nice, pass the wine and cheese, re-sign Lowell and don't sign that *** A-Rod."

Can we just stop and think about 2007 for a minute before the Sox open up in Japan? And maybe discuss it a little?

The answer is yes and I'll start.

- The Fruit Bat blew the save, the Os rallied and the sox thereby clinched the division on a Friday night. How great is that? Glorious!

- Manny's absolute bomb to beat the Angels in game 2.

- Schilling's shut down performance in game 3 (while the Pats were beating the Browns).

- Beckett's gutty performance in game 5 against Clev.

- The JD Drew grand salami after Manny and Lowell failed to deliver in game 6-

- My favorite inning of the season...the 7th inning of game 7 -- Joel Skinner's brain fart when he held Lofton; the double play that immediately followed (that I called!!!) and Pedroia's 2-run bomb that iced the game, essentially.

- Game 1 WS was a total beat down. Beckett strikes out the side and the Sox put up 3 runs. PREVIEW OF THINGS TO COME.

- Game 2 doesn't get enough attention. Total nail biter. Again, Schill was masterful.

- Game 3 was another blow out....but fun!

- Game 4 was incredibly tense. The ball that Ellsbury caught for the second out in the 9th caused me to yelp. Really, I yelped. And not enough was made of how awesome Paps was in that game. He was clearly on fumes yet he got the final four outs. Love that guy. Screw Hank, the true mouse.

So, please, share some of your thoughts about 2007. It really hasn't been discussed enough.

I reeeeeeeeeeally think this should be posted at Sox Planet (also, there's gambling there!)

yeah DS, stuff like this will help get the traffic up

plus we have gambling...cold hard imaginary cash baby

let me add that game 4 was the 1st of things to come for Lester

And besides, I don't care that much about the Red Sox. But that 's me. I know MEPATNUT doesn't either.

OK. I posted this same thread at Sox Planet.

But why not discuss it here? If music related topics are good here, I don't get why Sox talk is verboten.

they are not but seems like if you do not care about music you just ignore the thread but if you do not care for baseball there is a need to post such and not ignore the thread

OK. I posted this same thread at Sox Planet.

Thanks for doing that man, I really appreciate it. Here's a link to your post:

http://www.soxplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4021

It would be awesome if folks interested in discussing it join in over there.

But why not discuss it here? If music related topics are good here, I don't get why Sox talk is verboten.

The reason why I think it's important to have these kinds of baseball discussions there is simple - the Mods here went through the trouble of creating Sox Planet (and Celtics Planet). I personally feel that we owe it to them to give it a solid chance of getting off the ground. Ya know?

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread, also. It's not my intent. I just want to see Sox Planet get a chance is all.

I've replied to the baseball portion of your post at Sox Planet. Hopefully others follow suit cuz I'm starting to get the fever.

The reason why I think it's important to have these kinds of baseball discussions there is simple - the Mods here went through the trouble of creating Sox Planet (and Celtics Planet). I personally feel that we owe it to them to give it a solid chance of getting off the ground. Ya know?

Sorry if I'm hijacking your thread, also. It's not my intent. I just want to see Sox Planet get a chance is all.

I've replied to the baseball portion of your post at Sox Planet. Hopefully others follow suit cuz I'm starting to get the fever.

3pointstan just wants a chance...a chance that's all he wants

That's an excellent point. For now on I'll post that I don't care much for the Red Sox on Sox Planet.

Taking Stingley's side for a sec, some of us visit long standing Red Sox sites (2 in my case) and just don't have time for a third. I tried Sox Planet last summer and it just didn't get going enough, even game threads, to warrant continuing to go there. OTOH, I do understand people trying to shoo this thread over there. OTOH again, there are a lot of really wacko threads here and Stingley's OP by contrast was really good. It's called a paradox, I guess.

I will go over to Sox Planet for this one.

Back