Belichick goes deep when topic is teaching NFL's thick rulebook

This thread should say BB goes balls deep in the beginning .

BB could reveal all his state secrets and there would still be a bunch of coaches who wouldn't implement anything the way he does things. Not that they all have to be BB clones, as we've seen his coaching tree try it and fail, but even in a copycat league I'd bet that some coaches would merely ignore Bill's revelations and continue doing things their way, which may be successful, but not as successful as Belichick. :bow:

BB might teach his coaches everything that they know...but not everything that he knows.

As far as I know, he's always been willing to go into long answers if the press ask the right kind of questions.

This. A few years ago, someone asked him about Matt Slater, and he turned it into a 10 minute answer regarding the history and importance of punt gunners.

Ask him dumbass questions, he'll tell you to check your notes. Sorry Bert Breer. :coffee:

This. A few years ago, someone asked him about Matt Slater, and he turned it into a 10 minute answer regarding the history and importance of punt gunners.

Ask him dumbass questions, he'll tell you to check your notes. Sorry Bert Breer. :coffee:

That was a great mini-lecture he gave. He was reeling off onfo from like the 1940s and stuff.

I love how Brown gave Modell the business. He must be an entertaining topic for BB and Brown.

Back