Biden's Appointments and Such

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Yellen is a good pick. I've never heard of the guy he picked for SoS. Need to go back and look at that post where I compared favorites to his transition team.

Also, Garcetti has a bit of a scandal right now because of an obscene gesture made by staffer in a group photo, so I think he is definitely out of the running. 🤦‍♂️

download.jpeg

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
Of course you think she's good. She plays right into hands of the left with her hideous beliefs on economics.

What, Joe couldn't get Paul Krugman? :banghead:

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
This one

Blinken was a top contender for state, but not the favorite. Yellen not on the list at all for Treasury. Majorkas was the favorite for Homeland Security. Linda Thomas-Greenfield was not on the list for UN ambassador.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
Let's see. Blinken knowingly forwarded classified e-mails to Hillary's home server.

Linda Thomas-Greenfield's priorities seem to be "diversity".

Thomas-Greenfield's aim will be to diversify the ranks of the Biden foreign policy team. "Diversity requires proactive attention by the administration. And when we look at what happened at the early stages of this administration - when people were encouraged to leave or asked to leave - there were significant numbers of diversity individuals, myself included, who left," she told NPR in 2017.

Her point: A significant number of women, African-Americans, Hispanics and others have departed senior levels of the State Department.

And this other tidbit from her is simply pathetic.

In it they wrote, "In Washington, career public servants who worked on controversial issues during the Obama administration, such as the Iran nuclear negotiations, have been smeared and attacked, their careers derailed.

Oh the horror! Career State Department drones who advanced policies which the new administration considered horrible have had their careers "derailed". That simply means that they promotoed people who had a different view of priorities.

Does she actually think that the unelected bureaucrats get to decide these things?

No doubt she'll be the first to push back against the Trump Accountability Project, et al., nimrods.

I'm not holding my breath.

Jake Sullivan is a Steele Dossier "Truther"

But hey, the media love them, so they must be good.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
And here we go. Dear god.

There are far worse people than Yellen. I mean...do you want Bernanke back?

I think Yellen was the best Fed Chair we've had since Paul Volcker. She actually recognized that we had to raise interest rates and she tried, as best she could given that our economy is now lethally addicted to low interest rates. Don't confuse that as being a fan of her, I'm not, but she is a much, much better pick than I imagined we would get. She may actually raise interest rates, and may actually slow the money printing spigot a little....she won't do what needs to be done, but at least she will stop digging the hole for a little while, I think.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
So far, I am happy that Susan Rice and Samantha Power have not been named....I'm pleasantly surprised. Two out of the 3 Witches of McDeath.

OP
johnlocke

johnlocke

Reaction score
There are far worse people than Yellen. I mean...do you want Bernanke back?

I think Yellen was the best Fed Chair we've had since Paul Volcker. She actually recognized that we had to raise interest rates and she tried, as best she could given that our economy is now lethally addicted to low interest rates. Don't confuse that as being a fan of her, I'm not, but she is a much, much better pick than I imagined we would get. She may actually raise interest rates, and may actually slow the money printing spigot a little....she won't do what needs to be done, but at least she will stop digging the hole for a little while, I think.

I think you and I both understand that interest rates to be market driven and not centrally planned. She does not believe in that. She is a Keyensian.

Last edited:

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I think you and I both understand that interest rates to be market driven and not centrally planned. She does not believe in that. She is a Keyensian.

True, but given that we have the Fed, I think both of us understand that the Fed runs interest rates far, far lower than what they would be in a free market. that we are addicted to free money which creates massive distortions and malinvestment.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
I can just envision the response from the usual suspects had a GOP President nominated someone like Mayorkas for head of HHS, with this type of finding by an IG in his past.

The full report is 99 pages, and the PDF isn't OCR'd so I can't copy the text.

Here's some images from the summary.

one.JPG

two.JPG

three.JPG
four.JPG

five.JPG

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
EoBb7TjXIAEqv27

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
I knew her name sounded familiar. One of the stars of the DNC email leaks, one of the so called "Humanitarian Hawks".

Find rich countries, bomb them, and take their shit to pay for social programs at home.

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score

Grandmaster B

Reaction score
Just heard John Kerry as climate change czar. I wish I were kidding.

Communism-sympathizing Democrats appointing Czars is a rich piece of historical irony, but true to the Democrats totalitarian statist essence.
Oh, God. Here we go with the stupid Czar thing again.