Bill Belichick

Speaking of BB, how often did you see him talking/ encouraging the defensive group? The picture I am imagining is all the players are on the bench and gathered round and he's yelling "Use your hands!".

That happen all the time, early/ late season?
Didn't see any of that Saturday night.

Speaking of BB, how often did you see him talking/ encouraging the defensive group? The picture I am imagining is all the players are on the bench and gathered round and he's yelling "Use your hands!".

I didn't see much of that all season. It was pretty obvious I think to anybody watching closely that Bill was taking a step back this year and letting his assistants run the show more.

To me it was more inpressive how he got to nfccs with crap ass mcnabb all those years.
I agree. He also did a great job with Alex Smith too.

Patriots All Access weekly show had clips of him doing it several times this season. In fact, Judon during a one on one interview on that show, specifically mentioned he had never seen a head coach do that before.

Reid is certainly making his case. It is amazing what having an elite QB does for a coach's Goat status.

Andy Reid (as a head coach) has appeared in 3 Super Bowls and has a 1-2 record in those games.

Bill Belichick (as a head coach) has appeared in 9 Super Bowls and has a 6-3 record in those games.

That's not even touching on the slew of other statistics indicating Belichick's historically unprecedented accomplishments and greatness.

It's not close, and barring Reid making it to and winning 4-5 Super Bowls over the next 8-10 years, it will never be close.

Cowherd's claim is completely unfounded when looking at the respective statistical accomplishments of each coach.

Last edited:
Andy Reid (as a head coach) has appeared in 3 Super Bowls and has a 1-2 record in those games.

Bill Belichick (as a head coach) has appeared in 9 Super Bowls and has a 6-3 record in those games.

That's not even touching on the slew of other statistics indicating Belichick's historically unprecedented accomplishments and greatness.

It's not close, and barring Reid making it to and winning 4-5 Super Bowls over the next 8-10 years, it will never be close.

Cowherd's claim is completely unfounded when looking at the respective statistical accomplishments of each coach.
Cowturd is all about the clicks...I don't even think that he believes what he says.

I think the success Reid had with both Donovan McNabb and Alex Smith put him in the top tier category of all time great coaches. Now that he has Mahomes who is an elite talent which Bill had for 20 years in Brady, we'll see how much headway he can make. I think the main question is how long will he realistically coach?

Back