Bill Belichick

Phil Elliott

Reaction score
I'll never understand the desire to create strawmen when addressing another's point. We are commenting upon an article and debating its feasibility, why is that so hard?
Oh, It's not hard. It's as easy as posting an article that's not worth a fucking thing written by an idiot. So, no, it's actually easy.

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score

spacecrime

Reaction score
Well, he does have that tie to the Giants so I wouldn't rule it completely out of hand.
yeah, he's got a qb that just had a tremendous rookie season with a bright future, one that outperformed the 4 qbs drafted ahead of him, BUT WAIT, he used to be an assistant coach for the Giants 30 years ago, and they are currently in shambles.... :coffee:

:dith:

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
yeah, he's got a qb that just had a tremendous rookie season with a bright future, one that outperformed the 4 qbs drafted ahead of him, BUT WAIT, he used to be an assistant coach for the Giants 30 years ago, and they are currently in shambles.... :coffee:

:dith:
Not to mentioned outperformed Daniel Jones' first three seasons in his rookie year alone. :coffee:

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Well, he does have that tie to the Giants so I wouldn't rule it completely out of hand.

Yeah he does have that tie to the Giants from 30 yrs ago but Lawrence Taylor, Harry Carson, Carl Banks and Pepper Johnson aren't walking through that door with him.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
giants fans they should know by now that great coaches don't go to them - coaches go on to greatness after leaving them.

This is very true.

Vince Lombardi OC
Bill Belichick DC
Tom Landry DC
Tom Coughlin DC
John Fox DC
Ron Erhhardt OC

to name a few.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
Geebus H on Triscuit. This shit goes on every time the Giants job comes open. He isn't leaving the Pats for any team.
True. But do I remember when he weeped in the Halls of the old Giants stadium? Or am I misremembering?

Cheers, BostonTim

Mazz22

Age 44 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
Geebus H on Triscuit. This shit goes on every time the Giants job comes open. He isn't leaving the Pats for any team.
I don't necessarily disagree that this potentially could happen - Bill leaving for the Giants but not for any of the reasons that this write laid out.

My reasons would be the new personnel guys that were brought in this year. I think those guys were put in place to begin the transition from Bill. My second reason would be Matt Patricia. He also appears to be a hire to help with the transition as it was reported during TC that Patricia was heavily involved with the team and Bill was taking a step back.
Third reason would be Mac Jones. Bill has to feel good that he will leave the org with a good, young QB at the helm.

That being said, how attractive are the Giants with a bust at QB? They are also devoid of talent over that team. Perhaps, Bill wants to see if he can work his magic there? I don't know. But if he really wants to catch Shula, staying in NE for a few more years is the way to go.