Bill Belichick

Yeah. As someone who has watched the vast majority of his pressers since 2000, that shit was different. The thing you posted is exactly what youd say if you want to keep the medias focus on the offseason and not whether you're coaching or not.

He didnt say "yes".
Think you're over reacting. BB is operating on limited sleep.

He said "it would be accurate to say". Not "yes". I could very well be wrong, but that wasnt a post-ass kicking Belichick this morning.

The season's over. His team was just embarrassed in a historical way. BB is still taking a deep breath after a month of poor play is mercifully over. He's disappointed but realistic. There's no need to get angry about it now. He, like us, is already on to '22. He knows what's ahead in the next 6 months.

An amusing thread. I’m Belichick’s age and still working. mostly I enjoy working but sometimes I feel like I just don’t need the hassle. Still, the money is nice and sitting in my (home) office chair is the one thing that seems to help my aching back.

I imagine Belichick is primarily focused on establishing careers for his children. One thing I am fairly sure of is he is not thinking about changing jobs ( going to Dallas or Florid, for example ).

I've been pooh-poohing the idea of him retiring. Until I heard the press conference this morning. As of right now I'm leaning toward him leaving after the draft, and before minicamp. This year.

Edit: Or at least retiring from coaching and kicking himself upstairs, but I think thats rather remote.
I agree Tommy. If you read the tea leaves from this past off season with the new personnel guys being hired and Patricia being brought back in, the transition was being put in place to either possibly have Bill move upstairs or leave all together. I have a tough time believing he is leaving all together but I do think moving upstairs is likely. I think it was obvious to anyone watching the season that he was taking a step back from coaching the way he used to and letting his assistants more or less run the show.

In that same vein, I do wonder if the defense looked so listless on Saturday if it was because of frustration with his son versus having him telling them what to do. I would imagine that was a big sea change this season for players like McCourty and Hightower.

On WEEI this morning BB was asked if he was on a year by year basis now. He sounded indignant saying that he has never said he was going year to year.
He said that his entire focus was now on next years team and how he can make that team better.

On WEEI this morning BB was asked if he was on a year by year basis now. He sounded indignant saying that he has never said he was going year to year.
He said that his entire focus was now on next years team and how he can make that team better.
Sorry for the bad news Mazz....

An amusing thread. I’m Belichick’s age and still working. mostly I enjoy working but sometimes I feel like I just don’t need the hassle. Still, the money is nice and sitting in my (home) office chair is the one thing that seems to help my aching back.

I imagine Belichick is primarily focused on establishing careers for his children. One thing I am fairly sure of is he is not thinking about changing jobs ( going to Dallas or Florid, for example ).
You should consider retirement :coffee:

I've been pooh-poohing the idea of him retiring. Until I heard the press conference this morning. As of right now I'm leaning toward him leaving after the draft, and before minicamp. This year.

Edit: Or at least retiring from coaching and kicking himself upstairs, but I think thats rather remote.
There is no way in hell Belichick is retiring. No way in hell.

First of all, if he retired now, there would forever be the question of the chicken or the egg. Was Brady responsible or Belichick for the two-decade dynasty? Bill's ego wouldn't be able to handle that, he needs to prove that he was equally responsible. Secondly, there is Shula's record that is within reach. You don't think he wants that title?

Last edited:
Nothing from what I've been told but I don't think BB retires from coaching until his sons are ready to take over the HC position, possibly as a tandem.
BB has too much unfinished business to clean up for him to walk away now. His sons aren't ready yet. 2 years minimum.
If he didn't know it before the bye he knows now that this team needs an injection of starter level talent at 6 key spots on defense and 3 on offense as I see it.

Defense: 2 on the DL, 2 at LB, 2 CBs and 1 FS. Younger, stronger and a lot faster.
Offense: 1 LT, 1 WR1 are necessary and 1 slot WR would be nice.

Wynn is too inconsistent. Agholor needs to be upgraded badly. Slot plans need to be finalized. Jonnu Smith is a big disappointment but his contract insures he'll be here next year so figuring out how to best use him is on the coaches. He played his way to being an afterthought this year. I expected more.

Using FA and the draft this might be done by opening day this year. Cap space will limit FAs.
Using the draft, with luck, we're talking at least 2 years.
This assessment is not taking into account signing our own FAs BB wants back, ie. JC Jackson and more.

I'm doing subtraction first before the addition.

One guy that I need to see leave is JoeJuan. The TD he got burned on summed up his entire career. He just can't cover anybody with any speed. A wasted day two pick.

I'm doing subtraction first before the addition.

One guy that I need to see leave is JoeJuan. The TD he got burned on summed up his entire career. He just can't cover anybody with any speed. A wasted day two pick.

Agreed. But don't stop there. Myles Bryant, Bausby and Ross can all leave from what I've seen of their cover and tackling skills.
Not 1 pass defensed against the Bills. Not even by JCJackson. That's horrifying.

There is no way in hell Belichick is retiring. No way in hell.

First of all, if he retired now, there would forever be the question of the chicken or the egg. Was Brady responsible or Belichick for the two-decade dynasty? Bill's ego wouldn't be able to handle that, he needs to prove that he was equally responsible. Secondly, there is Shula's record that is within reach. You don't think he wants that title?
You're under the delusion that Bill Belichick gives a rat's ass about national media hot take narratives.

What, is he going to be MORE Hall of Famer if he wins another one? Fuck outta here. :coffee:

Back