Bill Belichick

Roberto71

Reaction score
Sorry, but I have to give the great man a shout out in a separate thread.

Last night just reaffirms that he has been living rent-free in head coaches minds since 2000.

You see McDermott blathering like a fool in the presser, making no sense and you think, the same story as Rex Ryan, Harbawl, Dungy, Tomlin, Andy Reid, Mike Martz, John Fox, Dan Quinn, McVay, Caldwell. Cowher, Callahan, Pagano....the list goes on and on and on......not to mention the plethora of GMs he's also ruined.

And he doesn't even give teams bulletin board material. Never disses another team, nor their players, and Bills players don't do it either. That probably makes it even more infuriating for the other teams.

And I don't believe it's a great secret how he's done this. It's sheer hard work that started when he was a boy. Watching film, learning everything he could possibly learn along the way, hoovering up information. And he hires the right, team first, unselfish players and coaches.

What he's doing this year is off the charts. We all felt good about the year, we got our QB we felt, we got good FA guys and drafted well. But even us most optimistic fans thought it would take another year or two to make them real contenders. And here we are, 9-4 and number one seed in the conference.

Can you imagine how sick the other teams, fans and coaches must feel at this? Now maybe we don't win the SB, maybe it's still a year too early with our rookie QB and new skills players. But the fact we're a contender is mind-blowing.

Other fans should really just let it go and just accept it now, he is the GOAT, no point hating anymore. He won't be around forever, so football fans everywhere should just try and enjoy this, it's not normal what he's done and what he's doing.

And we Patriot fans can count ourselves very lucky indeed we've had him for 21 years at our team!

Last edited:

Last night just reaffirms that he has been living rent free in head coaches minds since 2000.

You see McDermott blathering like a fool in the presser, making no sense and you think, same story as Rex Ryan, Harbawl, Dungy, Tomlin, Andy Reid, Mike Martz, John Fox, Dan Quinn, McVay, Caldwell. Cowher, Callahan, Pagano....the list goes on and on and on......not to mention the plethora of GMs he's also ruined.

And he doesn't even give teams bulletin board material. Never disses another team, nor their players, and Bills players don't do it either. That probably makes it even more infuriating for the other teams.

And I don't believe it's a great secret how he's done this. It's sheer hard work which stared when he was boy. Watching film, learning everything he could possible learn along the way, hoovering up information. And he hires the right, team first, unselfish players and coaches.

What he's doing this year is off the charts. We all felt good about the year, we got our QB we felt, we got good FA guys and drafted well. But even us most optimising gfans thought it would take another year or two to make them real contenders. And here we are, 9-4 and number one seed in the conference.

Can you imagine how sick the other teams, fans and coaches must feel at this? Now maybe we don't win the SB, maybe it's still a year too early with our rookie QB and new skills players. But the fact we're a contender is mind blowing.

Other fans should really just let it go and just accept it now, he is the GOAT, no point hating anymore. He won't be around forever, so football fans everywhere should just try and enjoy this, it's not normal what he's done and what he's doing.

And we Patriot fans can count ourselves very lucky indeed we've had him for 21 years at our team!
Yes. Well done!

Cheers

Last night just reaffirms that he has been living rent free in head coaches minds since 2000.

You see McDermott blathering like a fool in the presser, making no sense and you think, same story as Rex Ryan, Harbawl, Dungy, Tomlin, Andy Reid, Mike Martz, John Fox, Dan Quinn, McVay, Caldwell. Cowher, Callahan, Pagano....the list goes on and on and on......not to mention the plethora of GMs he's also ruined.

And I don't believe it's a great secret how he's done this. It's sheer hard work which stared when he was boy. Watching film, learning everything he could possible learn along the way, hoovering up information. And he hires the right, team first, unselfish players and coaches.

What he's doing this year is off the charts. We all felt good about the year, we got our QB we felt, we got good FA guys and drafted well. But even us most optimising gfans thought it would take another year or two to make them real contenders. And here we are, 9-4 and number one seed in the conference.

Can you imagine how sick the other teams, fans and coaches must feel at this? Now maybe we don't win the SB, maybe it's still a year too early with our rookie QB and new skills players. But the fact we're a contender is mind blowing. Even if we don't win the Super Bowl, we are once again a threat after only one full season removed from the GOAT leaving for another team. This should make the entire NFL nervous. We are doing this a rookie QB, Jones will be our QB for a very long time and I think it infuriates other teams. Just when they thought they had a chance, the Patriots come back and are at the top of the league again.

Very nicely written.
I thought the Pats would be competitive, I didn't see them doing this, not this year anyway. It has been awesome.

I, too, also wouldn't have said they'd be 9-4 with 4 games to go. I had them at 10-7, maybe 11-6 and challenging for the division, assuming health and a chance to knock Buffalo off, which I believed in.

But, I did not see Mac being this mature/unwavering week to week and it taking off this fast. I really think the TB game was the defining moment for me. Even with the loss, they totally outplayed them and Mac outplayed Brady. I was sold right there even vs Dallas that next week. Lots of imperfections at that point, but you could see it blooming which I thought was a good sign for this possibility.

It's a credit to BB's vision and the coaches also falling in line to make it happen, along with the players buy-in, which comes from them believing it and by doing it with the results BB says can happen. It's a strong thing to have happen, when BB says it, they practice it, and then you get the results. It's like a healthy addiction of sorts.

On the pregame show on NBC sports Boston last evening Tom Curran said he thinks Bill should win NFL Executive of the Year award for the rebuild. Far cry from the f###### nonsensical BS that was being mindlessly thrown around, here and elsewhere, during the summer.
Mindlessly thrown around BY TOM CURRAN as well. :coffee:

He doesn't get to revise history at his whim.

Well, in his defense, he has publicly admitted on a number of occasions recently that he was wrong. So, to me at least, that's not revising history. But, if your point is that he was singing a very different tune not too long ago, you're right. But, unlike most media pukes around here, he's not above admitting being wrong.

Well, in his defense, he has publicly admitted on a number of occasions recently that he was wrong. So, to me at least, that's not revising history. But, if your point is that he was singing a very different tune not too long ago, you're right. But, unlike most media pukes around here, he's not above admitting being wrong.
Well yeah, he doesn't want to lose the few sources he has left in the building.

Admitting you're wrong is the right thing to do, but he was SO over the top, almost Schefter-like in his pronouncements, that that's all that will be remembered.

Once Brady stopped taking his phone calls, his tune started to change. It's kind of too bad, really, I always had (and still have to some degree) a lot of respect for Tom Curran from back in the ProJo days. But he appears to have backed the wrong horse in this case. For his sake, I hope he's able to repair those relationships in Foxboro.

EXACTLY.

Hairplug Curran was the one smirking and leading the charge of “it was all Brady”, even though they forgot to tell everyone Tampa was 8-5 at one point and Brady threw 3 ints in the title game vs GB and was terrible.

It’s amazing what the power of a lying media can do.

BB is hands down Exec and Coach Of the Year.

No one gets a rookie QB playing like this other than BB.

Do you have a link for this?

Well yeah, he doesn't want to lose the few sources he has left in the building.

Admitting you're wrong is the right thing to do, but he was SO over the top, almost Schefter-like in his pronouncements, that that's all that will be remembered.

Once Brady stopped taking his phone calls, his tune started to change. It's kind of too bad, really, I always had (and still have to some degree) a lot of respect for Tom Curran from back in the ProJo days. But he appears to have backed the wrong horse in this case. For his sake, I hope he's able to repair those relationships in Foxboro.
Curran absolutely had, and still has in my opinion, blind spots for both Brady and Guerrero. I found that aspect of him aggravating and annoying. But, on the whole I like him because he seems like a regular guy who can laugh at himself.

Please note that the awards are named "Coach of the Year" and "Executive of the Year" - not "Best Coach" and "Best Executive."

I have no problem with other coaches and other executives winning these awards - the media and the fans always need something new and fresh to talk about, and having those awards spread out over the league is good for ticket sales in other markets.

But we all know where the best coach and best exec reside.

Can you imagine how sick the other teams, fans and coaches must feel at this? Now maybe we don't win the SB, maybe it's still a year too early with our rookie QB and new skills players. But the fact we're a contender is mind blowing.

Excellent post filled with notable points. Thank you.

Watching McDermott going feral on the refs had me thinking about the various HC's Bill has driven insane over the years many of whom you mentioned.

One guy that stood out in memory along those lines was Jim Mora Jr. He used to go completely batshit, just like McDermott, and it gave the impression that he was so embarrassed by getting out-foxed that the only thing he could think of to make himself look better in front of his team was to try to blame the refs. Certainly Rex was up there, but it's almost like once they fall into that behavior mode you know the end is coming.

The guys that impress me are the stoics, the Spartans who save their complaining for actual bad calls and don't try to bend an ugly reality through sheer anger. Among our upcoming opponents I'd cite Frank Reich as a guy that has a sideline presence and leadership style that his players can look up to and Brian Flores isn't far behind. Flores has a death stare that ranks among the best, but he generally keeps himself under control.

This has been a fantastic year for any Patriots fan that believed that our success was not solely due to Tom Brady. I can't remember when I've had more fun following this team and seeing
Bill get his props has been a nice bonus.

We are lucky still.

Back