Bill Belichick

It took Buffalo a million seasons to reclaim the division because Brady absolutely dominated Buffalo, and the rest of the division, and the rest of the NFL for that matter. Brady lost merely 3 games to Buffalo in 20 seasons as the Patriots starting quarterback. Since he left, it took the team 2 seasons to equal those 3 losses.

Belichick drafted a 1st round quarterback and obliterated the previous record of money spent on guaranteed contracts in free agency. So far it's netted a dubious 7-game winning streak surrounded by a 2-4 start and a 1-3 finish. If you choose to ignore everything beyond beating Buffalo in a wind storm then I suppose you can feel good about a fictitious 9-4 season.

Saturday night is about validation for the entire season. In the opinion of many this is just the reality of the situation. Hopefully they're up to the challenge.

Middy, get lost. This is getting pathetic.

Please return to the topic and stop looking for Nazis in the woodpile. As far as I am aware, based on IP address and other methods, there is no one here that is any past banned user returned.

People have varying opinions.

Please return to the topic and stop looking for Nazis in the woodpile. As far as I am aware, based on IP address and other methods, there is no one here that is any past banned user returned.

People have varying opinions.

UT, I mentioned to you before. As a long term mod on another forum back in the day, we had a series of returning trolls that were narrowed down to three individuals. They used VPNs, new email addresses and other tools to hide IP addresses etc. They created literally scores and scores of multis.

Just be aware. I've seen forums ruined because of committed/obsessed trolls.

I am aware, and there are other methods of detection now as well.

What I want to prevent is jumping on every new user with a different opinion. It's not very welcoming and we don't get new users as often as we used to. Engage with them with an open mind. If they mean ill will to the board, they will be exposed and dealt with.

I am aware, and there are other methods of detection now as well.

What I want to prevent is jumping on every new user with a different opinion. It's not very welcoming and we don't get new users as often as we used to. Engage with them with an open mind. If they mean ill will to the board, they will be exposed and dealt with.

Fair enough. I'm just overly on alert in these situations as I'd hate this board to become what I've seen others descend to. It's without doubt, the most pleasant I've ever been on (apart from the Politics thread but I don't go there now).

These trolls come in here yapping about TFB being the be all, end all. Without the Greatest QB ever NE would have sucked. Here's what I will say, If Josh Allen got hurt and the 3rd stringer came in and won Buffalo a SB, would McDermott have the balls to stick with him next season. Probably not. That was all BB, and my proof is as recent as the last NE/Phil SB. Big dick Nick came in and tore the Pats a new one in the SB. Come next season Wentz is the starter. Foles was and is a better QB
If we're being realistic here, then virtually every team in the NFL would be pretty much porked if it came down to starting their 3rd string QB. Aside from that, Allen is already a better QB than Bledsoe ever was, so no, McDermott would not asininely replace Allen if they win the Super Bowl with Allen's backup. Also, Wentz was the favorite to win NFL MVP when he got injured in 2017 so Pederson obviously made the right choice in sticking with Wentz at the time. Foles had one exceptional season in 2013 and he obliterated the Patriots defense in SB 52 because some "genius" thought it was a good idea to bench his starting CB and throw the entire defense into complete disarray at game time. Otherwise Foles has been hopelessly mediocre.

The Patriots were 5-13 with Bledsoe starting and Brady on the sideline. Once Brady led the team on a 14-3 run culminating in a first ever franchise SB championship, there obviously was no turning back from Brady at that point.

If we're being realistic here, then virtually every team in the NFL would be pretty much porked if it came down to starting their 3rd string QB. Aside from that, Allen is already a better QB than Bledsoe ever was, so no, McDermott would not asininely replace Allen if they win the Super Bowl with Allen's backup. Also, Wentz was the favorite to win NFL MVP when he got injured in 2017 so Pederson obviously made the right choice in sticking with Wentz at the time. Foles had one exceptional season in 2013 and he obliterated the Patriots defense in SB 52 because some "genius" thought it was a good idea to bench his starting CB and throw the entire defense into complete disarray at game time. Otherwise Foles has been hopelessly mediocre.

The Patriots were 5-13 with Bledsoe starting and Brady on the sideline. Once Brady led the team on a 14-3 run culminating in a first ever franchise SB championship, there obviously was no turning back from Brady at that point.
Hmmm, similar posting pattern is.... similar

I've been pooh-poohing the idea of him retiring. Until I heard the press conference this morning. As of right now I'm leaning toward him leaving after the draft, and before minicamp. This year.

Edit: Or at least retiring from coaching and kicking himself upstairs, but I think thats rather remote.

I've been pooh-poohing the idea of him retiring. Until I heard the press conference this morning. As of right now I'm leaning toward him leaving after the draft, and before minicamp. This year.

Edit: Or at least retiring from coaching and kicking himself upstairs, but I think thats rather remote.
Really? I think it's a couple of years away at least. He has targets still and he has a chance to rebuild another championship-contending team.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1482711032124612613

Really? I think it's a couple of years away at least. He has targets still and he has a chance to rebuild another championship-contending team.

View: https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1482711032124612613

Yeah. As someone who has watched the vast majority of his pressers since 2000, that shit was different. The thing you posted is exactly what youd say if you want to keep the medias focus on the offseason and not whether you're coaching or not.

He didnt say "yes".

Nothing from what I've been told but I don't think BB retires from coaching until his sons are ready to take over the HC position, possibly as a tandem.
BB has too much unfinished business to clean up for him to walk away now. His sons aren't ready yet. 2 years minimum.
If he didn't know it before the bye he knows now that this team needs an injection of starter level talent at 6 key spots on defense and 3 on offense as I see it.

Defense: 2 on the DL, 2 at LB, 2 CBs and 1 FS. Younger, stronger and a lot faster.
Offense: 1 LT, 1 WR1 are necessary and 1 slot WR would be nice.

Wynn is too inconsistent. Agholor needs to be upgraded badly. Slot plans need to be finalized. Jonnu Smith is a big disappointment but his contract insures he'll be here next year so figuring out how to best use him is on the coaches. He played his way to being an afterthought this year. I expected more.

Using FA and the draft this might be done by opening day this year. Cap space will limit FAs.
Using the draft, with luck, we're talking at least 2 years.
This assessment is not taking into account signing our own FAs BB wants back, ie. JC Jackson and more.

He's not leaving anytime soon. The major parts of the rebuild have already been achieved, including having a good, young QB on a rookie deal for several more years. Those hoping for and speculating on his retirement or exit from NE are engaging in wishful thinking.

Yeah. As someone who has watched the vast majority of his pressers since 2000, that shit was different. The thing you posted is exactly what youd say if you want to keep the medias focus on the offseason and not whether you're coaching or not.

He didnt say "yes".
Actually, he did. Not verbatim, but he did.

Nothing from what I've been told but I don't think BB retires from coaching until his sons are ready to take over the HC position, possibly as a tandem.
BB has too much unfinished business to clean up for him to walk away now. His sons aren't ready yet. 2 years minimum.
If he didn't know it before the bye he knows now that this team needs an injection of starter level talent at 6 key spots on defense and 3 on offense as I see it.

Defense: 2 on the DL, 2 at LB, 2 CBs and 1 FS. Younger, stronger and a lot faster.
Offense: 1 LT, 1 WR1 are necessary and 1 slot WR would be nice.

Wynn is too inconsistent. Agholor needs to be upgraded badly. Slot plans need to be finalized. Jonnu Smith is a big disappointment but his contract insures he'll be here next year so figuring out how to best use him is on the coaches. He played his way to being an afterthought this year. I expected more.

Using FA and the draft this might be done by opening day this year. Cap space will limit FAs.
Using the draft, with luck, we're talking at least 2 years.
This assessment is not taking into account signing our own FAs BB wants back, ie. JC Jackson and more.
Amongst those new players would like to see some All Pro level, never say die types. A Josh Allen destroyer included.

Back